November 2012 Due Dates

Ive heard that gaviscon is good. I only take the tums for the extra calcium it gives me, im lactose sensitive and dont get much otherwise.

Heartburn is seriously driving me crazy! I couldn't sleep last night because I had it so bad. Tums just don't take it away. My last pregnancy at 30 weeks my Dr. finally gave me a prescription and it was amazing! I am hoping my next appt he'll offer it again if I ask. So far, he tells me what not to eat. But like you girls, I can drink water and get it.

i can't even figure out what triggers my heartburn when i get it. it seem so random! it just comes an goes as it pleases.

i can't even figure out what triggers my heartburn when i get it. it seem so random! it just comes an goes as it pleases.

I know what you mean! I can usually deal with it during the day, but at night as soon as I lay down I just feel horrible.
I just realized today is my last day in triple digits 100 days to go!!

oooh! how exciting. i still have a little over two weeks to get there!

Regarding the heartburn -- I HIGHLY recommend Prilosec (or whatever the generic is -- same active ingredients!). It has been an absolute life-saver for me! My doctor also recommended Prevacid, which I've heard works well too. It has completely taken care of the heartburn and now I just take tums for the calcium.

Oh, and the package says to only take for 14 days. I asked my doctor and he said it was just a precaution for people who may have heartburn caused by ulcers. The medicine masks the heartburn and the ulcers get worse and could cause them to bleed out, so for once the warning doesn't actually apply to us preggo ladies :)

I have had MAJOR heartburn since 16 weeks and I am having twin girls...they better have LOTS of hair, I take zantac 250 in the morning and by 3pm, my heartburn it back, I probably still eat three or four tums until the next morning, and ANYTHING i eat or drink will set it off, I am sitting on my couch looking at very swollen feet. I was on them way too long today, but only 6 more days of work,YEAH and we have a trip to Chicago planned for the first Monday in August. WHOO HOOO

Regarding the heartburn -- I HIGHLY recommend Prilosec (or whatever the generic is -- same active ingredients!). It has been an absolute life-saver for me! My doctor also recommended Prevacid, which I've heard works well too. It has completely taken care of the heartburn and now I just take tums for the calcium.

Oh, and the package says to only take for 14 days. I asked my doctor and he said it was just a precaution for people who may have heartburn caused by ulcers. The medicine masks the heartburn and the ulcers get worse and could cause them to bleed out, so for once the warning doesn't actually apply to us preggo ladies :)

My doctor had given me a prescription for prevacid with my last pregnancy, but this time he hasn't given me anything. I think its because I was further along when I asked last time. I am thinking about picking something up tomorrow night when I go shopping for a baby shower gift for a relative because I cannot sleep at night it gets so bad.

Sitting in the waiting room at Labcorp. Just drank down the glucose drink. It wasn't too bad. Not being able to drink any water is though. I would like to rinse the taste out of my mouth. Sitting here for the next hour is going to be uncomfortable. My back just doesn't like to sit. Wish me luck! I don't want to come back for the three hour! Or have GD for that matter.

Sitting in the waiting room at Labcorp. Just drank down the glucose drink. It wasn't too bad. Not being able to drink any water is though. I would like to rinse the taste out of my mouth. Sitting here for the next hour is going to be uncomfortable. My back just doesn't like to sit. Wish me luck! I don't want to come back for the three hour! Or have GD for that matter.

Well? How did it go? That one hour made me very nervous as well. 75% of my friends had GD and me and sugar do not mix well! I was allowed water though? Things are different everywere! So weird.

They didn't say. I asked about results and she said 24-72 hours. So I guess I will call on Tuesday when I get home from my trip to Santiago. The waiting sucked because my back hurts when sitting. I feel just a bit off. Can't really put my finger on it. Kinda tired I guess? I wish they could have pricked my finger and given me an immediate reading like diabetic patients get. They took three vials of blood. The lady was none too kind jiggling the needle around in my vein either while switching out vials. Ouchy! So nervous for the results.

FX'd all is well, Viking. I'm sure it is ;)

I have my glucose test next Friday... Are there any special instructions they give you prior to the test? I didn't receive any information from my OB.

Ughh I'm sitting in the lab doing mine right now as well! Here they do a 2 hour test, which is a brand new thing...so there is no one hour or three hour anymore....you come in after not eating for 12 hours, get blood drawn, drink the drink, wait one hour and have another blood draw, wait another hour and have one last blood draw...it's hell! Just had my first draw and waiting on my fasting glucose level then I'll get the drink soon hopefully...this is not fun with how bad my sickness still is :( If I throw up I have to start all over...

good luck with your tests girls! mine hasnt even been scheduled.. not looking forward to it.

my chest and upper back has been heavy and i feel a bit out breath. normal i presume? my left eye is also twitching and watering and i feel completely out of it. too tired to climb stairs or flip over laundry... ugh.. no idea what happened i have been feeling pretty good.

Double digits!! Yay!!! :happydance::thumbup:

Good luck to all of you that are getting your tests done. My doctor has me do one so early and then if he suspects anything he has you do it again. So, I sure am hoping I don't have to go do that again. It is the sitting there and waiting that is so hard for me.
MommyH-I sure hope you keep it down so you don't have to do it all over again!!!

So, the baby showers start for my family this weekend. Here's the scoop: On my husbands side there are 4 of us that are pregnant. Our due dates are all a month apart, Oct. 4th, Nov. 2nd, Dec. 4th, Jan. 2nd. Before this we are the only one with kids so starting this Thanksgiving/Christmas and other holidays its going to get crazy! So, we go from 2 babies in the family to 6 really quick! :) So far with the new babies the first 2 are girls and the next is a boy. The one due in Jan. hasn't found out yet. Anyway, sorry for typing so much...we're just really excited!

I'm sure I'll be scheduling my glucose screening at my next appointment Aug 8th. So it'll probably be end of August/first week of September for me.

I've been wondering if they'd try and schedule it to be the same day as my ultrasound on the 29th. I really hope not because I was told to eat something sweet to really get baby moving. Doesn't sound conducive to a GTT. I'm sure it'll be a different day though.

Been so busy the past few days with my husband's oldest brother and his crew (wife, 4 kids, +1 extra teenager friend). Went to the beach yesterday and it was DD's first time at the beach. She was so darn cute in her swimsuit and she LOVED the sand and loved the water even more! She had a blast!

That is exciting Ashley! How fun to be able to share this experience with that many people in your family :) The holidays will never be boring!

Bookity, glad to hear you guys are having a good time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->