November 2012 Due Dates

well ladies, i'm off to my gtt. it sounds silly, but i'm nervous.

MommaB - your mom sounds just like mine. Any excuse for her to pick up a little baby and she is there!!
My mom has already told so many that she will be moving in with us when the baby is born! I'm like - you are doing what? Where do you plan to sleep? (we have a small 2 bedroom house!) No place for her to sleep - Think I will have to put my foot down with her.

Saw the MW this morning and all is well with Speckle. She is head down with her back on my left hand side - which explains all the movements on the RHS
Also spoke to her about epidurals - as my biggest fear is that (with my coccydenia) I will be forced to be lying down on my back to give birth. The MW said that if I need to have an epi I could get a mobile epi! GREAT!! at least then I can move about a bit. I also said that if possible I would love to have a water birth - if not I will insist on using the birthing chair.
Obviously this all depends on what the consultant says.
Anyone else thought about their birth plan as yet?

yeah i didnt want anyone moving in but even stopping by so i can shower.. maybe take a quick nap... do a few dishes or something in the first weeks but its not going to happen. my mom is great but like i said she wont even call out when she is sick.. ugh.

and mommabarry i completely agree with the germ thing. i am taking baby out though because my SIL didnt and i swear that my niece never got immuned to anything. i got whopping cough vaccination and my husband got his last week.

Good luck Bexxc!!!

I do plan to take the LO out once she has had her vaccinations for WC. Its going to be hard since the holidays are right after she is born and my OH's family is huge and has get togethers. Wouldnt be a big deal but they live over an hours drive away and I do not want to get her out in the nasty weather. And some of OH family do not vaccinate there kids. But I agree, expousure is the best immunity. If it wasnt for the time of year she is born I would probably be less apprehensive to exposure.

Oh Momma, sounds like my mom. She comes over and just wants to hold DD. My MIL, while she does love cuddling with and singing/reading to DD, she always wants to lend a hand where she's most needed. Dishes, laundry, cleaning, running to the store, diaper changing, etc. I'm totally blessed to have her for a MIL. When Vanessa comes I'll probably count on her early on to watch my older daughter while I get reacquainted with caring for a newborn.

I'm also worried that my mom will just want to hold the baby and won't really help me. I'm hoping that's not the case, but I know she's going to want to get in some quality time before she has to go home.

It is hard MRS. Or at least I think it is. I know my mom is soo excited to meet her first grandaughter but thats what worries me. She will want to hold her ALL the time and spoil her. I am all for nurturing my baby when she needs it, but I cant possibly do it all the time!! And after a couple of weeks my mom will not come around as much and I am left with a baby that will only sleep when being held because thats what gradma did for her. It makes it hard for me tending to another child when I cant hold her all the time.

My son was the first grandchild and he is SPOILED in all aspects beyond belief that now im paying for it. With this being the first girl born in our family in over 31 years, I know its going to be worse. My mother talks about how she is going to buy her this and that and make her girly and buy her frilly things. Im NOT wanting this for my child. They say the first child is "practice" and they are right. You learn what you should and shouldnt do for future children and spoiling them is the once lesson I have learned. I mean there is some degree to spoil but there are limits. Her excuse is "well im grandma i can do that." It drives me crazy!! But its hard because its my mom and I know she is excited and she does help us out so it makes me feel guilty to feel angry about this but our ideals of parenting are very different.

My mom says that she can do whatever she wants because she's grandma as well! She was watching my brothers twins a couple days a week and I'm not sure it was a good thing. It got to the point where they didn't want to go home because they got so much attention at Gradmas. We live 45 minutes away, so that's not an option, but I am worried about the Grandmas trying to give me parenting advice. DH and I are both the young ones in our families, so it's been 35 and 37 years sinc these women have had babies. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they have a lot of knowledge to share, but things have changed! Neither of them breas fed either, so it's hard to know how understanding they'll be!

On another note, am I wrong to be annoyed that we watched my brother and sil's kids last saturday and they didn't mention that my one-year-old niece had raging impentigo? Yeah, that's a contagious infection. Seriously. The next day, they went to visit one of our friends who has a three-month-old. Crazy? I feel like should know that sick, contagious kids should stay home?

Sorry, I am really on a roll today!

I hear you, MommaB! My oldest nephew is 17 and was the only grandchild in the family for 10 years, so he is completely spoiled! He can be such a brat sometimes, but he's always been able to get away with it. My parents definitely had a hand in that. And since this is my first baby, and I'm the baby of the family (and the only biological girl, so I was pretty spoiled as well) everyone is looking forward to spoiling my baby... this is also the first grandchild on DH's side, so I already know he'll be extra spoiled by those grandparents, too. I really hope they all listen to me & DH and respect our way of parenting (although, I don't exactly see that happening!).

Thats horrible!!! Yes they should have told you she was ill! It drives me crazy when other parents take there kids around others (especially babies) when they are sick.

Hi ladies.
So, with my 1st I was so nervous but once the baby is born things just came naturally. The nurses at the hospital really gave me lots of advice and things I should and shouldn't do before I left. My mom is less than 5 minutes away and my MIL is about 20 minutes away. My mom and I are really close and she's amazing. My MIL is great too and she will help when I need her.
After my 1st I felt the recovery took forever and luckily my husband was home and my mom came to give him some time to relax as well. She was 1st grandbaby on both sides so she was held ALL DAY so when we would lay her down to go to sleep she'd CRY! So, with our 2nd we knew not to hold her ALL DAY long. My recovery time was much shorter with my 2nd and I was much more confident. My husband didn't have much time off but it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be with 2 little ones.
This time I know my mom will be working and will only be available in afternoons and weekends. My husband is off for 2 weeks. My inlaws are retired so they'll be around whenever the day comes. I remember after my 2nd my mom and MIL were doing laundry and dishes so I could just relax with baby :)

Here's a question: Who is going to be in the room with you when baby is born?
So far, it's only been my husband and my mom. I can't decide this time if I want to ask my MIL to be there. This is our last baby and may be her only chance to see a grandbaby be born since my husbands brother and wife do not want children. I just don't know yet.

As it stands right now it'll just be me, DH, and my mom. His mom is not really into the "how it happens", she just wants the end result. Things may change in the moment though - and I've already told my mom she may be asked to leave. I just don't know how I'm going to feel in that moment since I've never done this before!

If I could I would have my mother and MIL in the room with me. Its such a wonderful bonding experience.

However, since my LO is a c-section only daddy will be in the room. My mother has never got to see one of her grandkids be born since all the other grandkids came from her daughter in laws and they only wanted there moms in the room. Makes me sad for her. If the hospital would allow I would have both OH and my mom in the surgery suit, but hospital policy says no :nope:

Mrs-I told my mom that she must stay quiet or I will want her to leave. She understood :) My 2nd time I think I even told her to "shut up" at one point. I really don't remember. I hurt a lot more the 2nd time so I was trying to concentrate and she was being a cheerleader and it was driving me nuts! haha...If I knew how easy pushing my 2nd time was going to be I would have asked my MIL to stay. My parents, DH parents and my oldest daughter was in the room with me from 3-4 til my doctor came. They left and I had my daughter at 4:16. So, they could have all been there and I wouldn't have minded. Easy to say after the fact though.
Momma-I didn't even think about that! I assume it is that way everywhere for c-sections right?

we are only allowed two people.. so it will be DH and my mom. thats all i would want anyways...

Im pretty sure its that way everywhere. Its more for liability than anything else. You can take photos but no video.

I got the pre-surgery instructions from my doc at the last visit. I was just looking over them and some of the things they ask you to do are kind of silly. I have to stop all vitamins two weeks prior to c-section. No finger nail or toe nail polish. Ok now when I had my son I had no clue I was having a c-section and did all those things im being asked not to. I understand that vitamins can cause bleeding complications, and no polish is for sanitation but really? Now this is the one that I may have a problem with. And its going to make me look vain, but no makeup!!! I am definetly not a roll out of bed looking good kind of girl and I wear makeup to make me feel comfortable. I know there are alot of pictures that are going to be taken that day and the last thing I want to look back on is me post surgery pale, with no makeup on. Am I silly for thinking this?? I dont plan on going full glitz evening time makeup, just some foundation, eyeliner and mascara to make me feel good. Hmmm..... what to do.

Some of you could very well have been describing my mother when you voiced your concerns about grandparents spoiling the grandkids!! My mother will very willingly just be around after the birth to cuddle LO all day instead of being there to do the house chores and shopping and cooking. I'm sure I will have to kick her out the house at the end of the day.

My MIL on the other hand is a lot more hands off but lovely none-the-less! I will insist she come around from time to time to see the LO.

As for who is going to be in the room when I'm delivering - DF and the hospital staff needed. With my mother being a trained MW, she has very narrow minded views on what should happen in the process of labour! She keeps saying things like she will slap me if she hears me screaming! HELL - she took an epi at the first opportunity so doesn't really understand or know what the full blown labour pains are all about.
So NO way she is going to be in the room

I had my scan done yesterday and totally forgot to post any pictures on this thread. I know some of you have seen them in the other thread but here are just few of the hundreds we got!

MORGAN_14.jpg

MORGAN_20.jpg

MORGAN_45.jpg

MORGAN_56.jpg

MORGAN_58.jpg

The last one with her baby yawn was my fav!! I also liked the one with her grump face. She was mad that the sonographer kept shaking her to move her hands away from her face

A friend of mine just delivered her baby via c-section and she was able to have her husband and her aunt (her mom was too squeamish) in the OR with her... I wonder why it would have been different for her? And regarding the makeup... Um... I totally agree!!! I'd still put it on if you're more comfortable that way. I've seen tons of pictures of friends with their newborns right after their c-sections (like, arms still strapped down) and they all have makeup on... I don't know why that would make a difference? Especially since they put the screen up in front of your face during the actual procedure...

MommaB, I know I've already commented on your pictures, but I just can't get over how clear they are! And I love the grumpy face, too... you hadn't shared that one on the other board :) She's so gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->