November 2012 Due Dates

There are some very few hospital that will allow 2. I will ask when I see my doc again, but im pretty sure here in Missouri they are all the same. It would be nice to have my mom share in the experience.
As for makeup. Yea the strapped down jesus style with the giant head wrap is not cute as it is :haha: I dont think a little makeup is going to hurt me or the baby. I get why I cant wear my contacts and im ok with that. But I cant see them saying "no you cant have your baby because your wearing mascara" Just plain silly!

And thanks!! Its a good thing BnB will only allow 5 photos at a time or I would have photo bombed this board with at least 100 photos :haha: I just saw that grumpy one in there and thought I had to share!!

I have my MIL just round the corner but to be perfectly honest, I just want to be left alone with my family and for everyone else to just leave us alone. She will insist on coming around EVERY DAY and interfere. She will be absolutely OBSESSED as all she's ever wanted is a granddaughter ... my OH has a daughter with someone from a one night stand, but my OH and in laws are not allowed to see her because she's a nutter (the mum, not the daughter!). I know she'll tell us she's keeping the boys overnight so we can 'adjust' which is not what we want ... we want them to get used to having a baby around. Plus, I HATE the way she looks after my kids and what she does food/drink wise with them. I hate how she tells my eldest off for stuff I don't tell him off for and she never keeps an eye on my youngest who to be honest is a complete handful. She leaves hot coffee on the side all the time and he being how he is, always goes after it. SIL and MIL smoke (outside), but they have no respect for the boys running around and will smoke near them etc etc. Sorry completely going off on a rant, but I don't want them around all the time. I don't want them interfering when as soon as he goes back to work I want to get back into a routine and try and fit her into it if possible. My mum lives 2 hours away (she moved a year before we moved back here) and am gutted :(

As for the delivery - just me and OH ... though I have a very very strong feeling a certain someone will try and weasel her way in. Have written in my notes that no visitors allowed until I give the say so and no one else in the room with me except my other half. It's worrying me a lot about what she's gonna try and do.

Wow, Charlie! Your MIL sounds like more of a handful than a newborn! What a pain! And I completely understand where you're coming from with the smoking... My own mother was like that with my nephews and niece, but thankfully she has quit smoking so I don't have to worry about that, but it was a huge concern for me before. My FIL has smoked his entire life and is in the process of quitting now for the baby's sake (and his own, of course). DH on the other hand is the last to quit. He wants to, and has tried several times, but just keeps going back to it in social settings (which is so annoying!!). I'm sure once the baby gets here he'll get tired of taking a shower after each cigarette (b/c you know I won't let him hold our brand new baby while he smells like an ash tray!), so hopefully that will be enough for him to put it away forever. I even bought him an electronic cigarette that he will not use. The funny thing is, I wouldn't mind if he smoked that thing 24/7! I just hate the smell of actual cigarettes.

Charlie im happy your ranting!! At least im not the only one who feels that way. And from what you have said I would not want MIL around during birth or after either!! Even if she thinks she is "helping"

We have tons of little kids under the age of 5 in our family, and I intend to let the nurses know that no one under the age of 10 (except my son who is 9) is allowed to visit. My brothers/sister in laws kids are constantly sick! So they can take turns and come in and see us if they would like. I just cant handle the thought of a ton of people and kids running around my room. I have kind of given my SIL's the heads up that its "hospital policy" so that they are not suprised when they all show up, even though its my policy.

yeah i really dont want a c-section because my mom and i are so close and they only allow one person in the room. she is so excited to see me give birth. i also dont want a c-section for many other reasons obviously lol

Momma-Such clear pictures! I love them all! :) And, I too, would want to wear makeup. I had none on with my 2nd because I was going to get in the shower when my water broke so we just left! So, I also have no pictures of me and her until we were home. My girls seem to make my face breakout so bad! Ugh....

Love your pics! They are so clear! Congrats on really seeing your girl!

Mrs its a shame he will not use the electronic one. When I first got my BFP I was still having a few myself. Quitting is hard I know first hand. But I purchased the electronic one and weened myself. At first I would have 5 a day and use the EC when I had an urge after my 5. Then I only used the EC until I was just able to simply stop all together. I hope he can quit before your LO arrives. Just keep being supportive. The one thing that used to drive me to want to smoke more was when people would ask when are you going to quit? I simply told them I would quit when I was ready and I did. The biggest support for me was my son who would constantly tell me he was so happy I stopped. It made me feel guilty if I ever wanted to relapse and made me stronger.

It's great to hear the electronic cig worked for you! He's started using it at home b/c my nose is so sensitive right now it really aggrevates my sinuses when he smokes at home (he only smokes outside, but I can smell it on him as soon as he walks back in). Now if I could just get him to use it in the car! I am as supportive as I can be... I try not to give him a hard time about it, but sometimes I feel like I really need to stress how important it is to me and our baby that he quit. I don't have any addictions like that so it's hard for me to relate.

I am like you I don't understand smoking addiction . . I also don't understand how hard it is to quit something like that - so I hope he manages too for you and your little man mrs! It will take time, but I'm sure he'll get there!!

:haha: Mommab - I do feel a bit better getting that out of the system :) It's just so overwhelming having a baby in the first place (no matter if it's your first, third or fifth) ... the last thing I need is her coming over and getting in my way. I also want to try to breastfeed for longer with this baby (mainly for the baby but also as a way of MIL not being able to have her), and she keeps referring to Phoebe as her baby ... what's that all about? :dohh: OH doesn't get it - he thinks the novelty of a granddaughter will wear off...............!!!!!! HAHA!

I love your idea about saying it's hospital policy! :)

wow mommabarry what gorgeous pictures... i wish i was getting a 3d scan.. guess 11 more weeks to go until the real thing! your baby is soo cute.. love that little yawn :)

well got news back from the car shop.. its expensive but the car will be back tonight. my parents are putting it on their credit card and said to pay them back when we can. god bless them.

wow mommabarry what gorgeous pictures... i wish i was getting a 3d scan.. guess 11 more weeks to go until the real thing! your baby is soo cute.. love that little yawn :)

well got news back from the car shop.. its expensive but the car will be back tonight. my parents are putting it on their credit card and said to pay them back when we can. god bless them.

Glad to hear that you have parents you can count on, even though it stinks to owe money!

thanks... they know i wouldnt ask unless we really need it. plus i didnt ask i was just on the phone crying and mom told me stop and they will handle it. i havent borrowed since i was like a sophmore in college!! lol i dont like this feeling! but i am very grateful!!

So happy to hear you car is being fixed :happydance: and that the parents are there to help. Hope that takes some added stress off your shoulders.

Charlie- "Her baby" are you freaking kidding me!! :dohh: And I TOTALLY get what your saying about breastfeeding. One of the MANY reasons I want to do it too :winkwink: Im thinking of honestly not even buying a breastpump unless its totally medically necessary. I know I will have to when I go back to school in march, but that gives me 4 months of exclusivly BF. That way there is no pressure for me to pump so others can feed her. :haha:

On the "my baby"/"her baby" subject..... my SIL calls and texts and says "I need to see my baby" (refering to my bump), and I don't know why, but this really bothers me! It's not her baby... it's my baby... and DH's baby... but definitely not her baby. :growlmad:

On the "my baby"/"her baby" subject..... my SIL calls and texts and says "I need to see my baby" (refering to my bump), and I don't know why, but this really bothers me! It's not her baby... it's my baby... and DH's baby... but definitely not her baby. :growlmad:

I totally get this :haha: Amazing how your momma instincts kick in before the LO is even here.

does your SIL have children yet? it seems like such a bizarre thing to say if you ask me!

No, she doesn't have kids... She's marrying my brother-in-law (DH's brother) in July so she's not officially my SIL yet, but they've been together for as long as DH and I have been... she's 24 so most of the time I tell myself she's just being young and dumb, but it is very aggravating... I always correct her and say "oh you mean my baby?"... I don't think she's caught onto it.

It irritates the hell out of me too .... when did my baby in my uterus become HER baby?! I don't see her pushing this kid out and going through all the sleepless nights. :dohh:

:haha: Mrs that is all you can do - keep correcting. But if she's thick skinned you might be doing it for a while!!

Today she struck again though, we went round as OH was off and went to the lakes/woods so the boys could see the ducks etc. So, firstly she moans at me for putting a nappy on Stephen, he should be wearing pants (underwear) by now. Urm ... he's not even 2 and he's only potty trained when we're in the house and he has NO nappy on. If I put pants etc on him he pees them thinking they're like a nappy - we'll get there, but I'm not rushing him. ESPECIALLY, as there is a new baby on the way and I really don't want him getting somewhere because we've pushed him and then regressing.

Then, we always take the same route, around the footpaths and around the lakes. All we heard all the way around was "This is a silly route. We always take them around the woods and they climb and jump in the stream. Why take them around the footpaths, this is for girls not boys." and "Come on guys, this is for girls - you have two boys" .... I was like is she serious?! I'm 8 months pregnant and you expect me to climb through woods, look after two toddlers and push the stroller with NO footpaths?!

Then we had to go back to hers and she cooked htem dinner. She cooked them a BURGER. I have never ever ever given them burgers - just don't like it and think it's bad for them .. luckily the boys were not interested in it at all. She then goes on to tell me how she got them a treat last time - HARIBO SWEETS. I actually want to smack her and I'm not violent at all. :(

Your last part made me giggle, I want to smack her and im not violent at all :haha:

You have patients, alot more than I do. I probably would have smacked her for the comment about your boys not girls. That irritates the hell out of me to no end. My ex says that to our son all the time. But there is nothing wrong with girl doing boy things and boys doing girl things in my opinion.

I wish you could move away from her she sounds dreadful!!!

And about potty training, you cant make them do what they dont want, especially little boys. The will train when they are ready so you are right to not force him. Sounds like hes doing pretty well if he can go without wearing anything at home and not have accidents. Its a step in the right direction :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->