November 2012 Due Dates

A question ladies ...

has anyone got their 'birthing' ball up yet? Will it help with back pain?

I've been worried about colic as well, but thankfully I have family that will be staying with us to help out, so if this is an issue, I feel fortunate to at least know that I'll have the extra support when it's needed. My mom will be with us for a week, then my sister for a week, and my MIL lives close by so she'll be there whenever she's needed after my mom and sister are "off-duty". Hopefully we won't have to deal with it, but we're at least trying to prepare ourselves.

Mrs-Yes, with our first baby we didn't even know what was going on for the longest time. But once we did we found ways that helped it. There is this stuff called Mylicon drops. We would give that to baby and within a little bit they'd start passing gas and get some relief. It was a life-saver many times! I don't think it started til they were like 6 weeks old.

So, my oldest is sick with fever and sore throat and now my 2 year old seems to be acting different. I woke up with a headache and sore throat as well so I'm hoping we get over this quick.

Oh no, Ashley! I hope you guys get over whatever bug is floating around quickly! That's got to be the one thing I dread most about being pregnant... getting sick! I use anti-bacterial on my hands constantly and stay a good distance away from anyone that is coughing or sniffling. :hugs: to you guys!

Thanks Mrs. :) I am usually very cautious of that as well but my girls stayed with my in laws for a couple days since they left today and will be gone for a whole month. I know my oldest went out shopping with my MIL so I'm sure she picked up something then. So far she's feeling the worst :( It's hard for me because I can't take anything but its harder to see my baby feel so miserable.

Mrs-Congrats on 3rd trimester! :)

I already worry about the colic since both my girls had it. It lasted about six weeks and they both cried constantly from 6PM til Midnight. After a couple hours I started to fall apart...luckily my husband was amazing. The crying non stop just didn't have any affect on him. One night my mom even kept her cause I was so tense I just couldn't relax. I feel horrible when a newborn cries and nothing you do helps. :( But, like everything else you get through it and then its on to the next phase of life. :)

:haha: yeah answering back and toddler tantrums

hope you all get better soon Ashley.

can i ask a really dumb 1st timer question about colic...how do you know if your baby has it?? is there anything in the UK that's available that helps or things to do that help??

Charlie15 - many of my friends have used something called 'Infacol' It apparently helps to collect all the wind and somehow makes it easier for baby to bring up the wind.

infacol, gripe water, colief ... infacol and gripe water did nothing, we put him on aptamil comfort milk and colief (but he had silent reflux too so needed something for that too). However, we used infacol from the beginning with our first nad he never got colic or anything like that .

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Colic/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Charlie, found this on wikipedia: The strict medical definition of colic is a condition of a healthy baby in which it shows periods of intense, unexplained fussing/crying lasting more than 3 hours a day, more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks.

It also says it shows up a lot in infants that don't belch easily. So medicines for baby that treat gas can be helpful (so I hear).

had a bad day today guys :(
i know i should be happy because as far as i know baby is healthy etc. but today my husbands car stopped working out of no where. its 5 yrs old and showed no signs of nay problems.. also nothing came on the dash to indicate a problem. we are a one car family right now and were suppose to be starting to move into our place tomorrow.. but i guess that wont be happening.
with moving and the baby we have no money right now... usually we have emergency money and stuff but this is just terrible timing. no idea how he will get to work etc.

ahh the stressss

:hugs: i'm so sorry wishful! those surprises can be so difficult. for a long while, it seemed like whenever we got a bit of money saved, something happened that caused us to spend our savings. any chance that it's just a very small problem with the car?

thanks for some tips about colic and the link, hope I don't experience it with bubs!!

Wishful hope it's a small problem, stressful times indeed, i here you about no emergency funds nowdays!

had a bad day today guys :(
i know i should be happy because as far as i know baby is healthy etc. but today my husbands car stopped working out of no where. its 5 yrs old and showed no signs of nay problems.. also nothing came on the dash to indicate a problem. we are a one car family right now and were suppose to be starting to move into our place tomorrow.. but i guess that wont be happening.
with moving and the baby we have no money right now... usually we have emergency money and stuff but this is just terrible timing. no idea how he will get to work etc.

ahh the stressss

That's the worst! I hate car problems. We had an 02 Taurus that we spent 6K on repairing and I finally realized that we could have monthly payments and it would be cheaper than fixing the darn thing. We ended up buying DH a new Civic hoping that we get at least ten years out of it! My car is only two years old, so I feel better for a bit. It's awful when you have places you need to be and then you add being pregnant and worrying about that! Hopefully it's just a starter or something that can be fixed and you can move on. Maybe it's just condensation and today it won't be a problem! I'll cross my fingers!

Congrats on third tri Mrs! I can't believe viability was over six weeks ago...seems like a lifetime at this point.

I have figured out that I am lactose intolerant right now! Weird! I don't drink milk, but whenever I eat ice cream (three times in the last two weeks) I wake up in the middle of the night and throw up. Guess ice cream is now a no-go!

Can I get some sort of guarantee that there will be no colic? I will lose my mind! I sure hope DH can handle it.

:hugs: wishful!! I really hope something happens so you can sort your car out :( You really don't need the extra stress of worrying how he's going to get to work etc

thanks guys.. i amdreading getting the phone call today and finding out how much it is going to cost. i was excited to start moving today too...idk my fingers are X'd!!

speaking of colic is anyone not going to have any help when baby comes and a bit nervous? especially first time moms? i mean my DH will be here but only when he gets home from a long day at work. but i have no family close by.. a few friends are close by but none are mothers and work like crazy. it will just be me and baby from 6am-5pm. i want my mommy for like a week!! she has so much time off but she NEVER takes it because she is scared. she seriously collects like 30-40 days a yr because he never calls out! lol

I am really lucky to have my in laws close by and willing to help. My husband keeps telling his mom she'll be living with us when this one comes. He's totally serious, but I don't know if she believes him.

You'll be okay wishful! I was scared to be alone with Michaela before she arrived, but it really was wonderful!

I am very nervous about being a first-time mom and realizing that nobody is coming to pick the baby up at the end of the day! I also believe that it's different when it's your own. My mom had an in-home daycare my entire life, so I spent a lot of time with babies and feel like that really helped me prepar, but it's still going to be a lot of work! I actually have a lot of offers for help, but we don't have room for my mom or my MIL to sleep, so I would rather not try to squish them in. I'm also very independent and feel like both of those people would drive me crazy! We'll see how I feel after a few days!

We'll have to start a new thread under the parenting section so that we can all vent when we've absolutely had enough!

My mother and OH are taking time off around the time the baby gets here. My OH only gets a week, and my mother gets 4. Honestly, I think they will drive me crazy!!!! I know they mean well but really the only time I need the help is when I need a shower. Other than that I am BF so what is there to do? :shrug: I cant see my mother running to get my son from school or walking the dog. I feel like she honestly wants to just be here to hold the baby all day.

After baby comes there are always a ton of people who want to come by and "help." Really its more they want to ooohh and aahhh over the baby and it drives me crazy. After the "new baby smell" wears off they are no where to be seen and then you are alone. Wow im a really a downer after just reading all that :haha: I get really protective and dont like a ton of people touching my newborn. Especially with the time of year we are having our LO and whooping cough is spreading like wildfire (thanks to the new age moms that are against vaccinations, no offense if this means one of you i understand different cultures are different) and is bad bad bad for our babies that can not be vaccinated until 2 months old.

Speaking of, are you mommas going to get your whooping cough vaccine before baby gets here? Being in the medical field I fully intend to do it in the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->