November 2012 Due Dates

sprout has hair too...but not as much...
https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/bexxc/Sprout_13.jpg

So cute!! My hubby was bald at birth so I have been stocking up on hats thinking Ela might be too but my other daughter had TONS of hair when born so hopefully Ela takes after her :)

aww loving the scan photos!!

MommyH - Ela is so CUTE! Love her face on picture :)

HalfThyme-They're near Soda Springs. Which is probably close to you?? They went to go hunting near there. Well...my girls aren't hunting but my husband and his family have a tradition of going there every September.

What a fun tradition! Yep, they're close -- I'm up in Idaho Falls, about an hour north. Hope you're enjoying your downtime by yourself! :)

MommyH & Bexx --- what great ultrasound shots!!! LOVE the hair!! Bexx, do you have a guess on what color your bump is? I'm thinkin you might be joining the girl club!

How was everyone's weekends? I had my shower, and I think a few of you did too right? It was wonderful, but I was oddly self-conscious/not comfortable being the center of attention. It still turned out well though, my sister throws a great party...I'll try and get pics up soon -- she did everything Dr. Seuss themed and went above and beyond!

Attachments

• Babyshower Invite.jpg
    Babyshower Invite.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 7
All of the scan pics are precious. I can't wait to see what this little girl looks like and what her little personality is!
My shower was this weekend. It was fabulous and I felt so special. We got so much stuff!!! The food was great ( my mom is a fab cook ) It was so wonderful seeing all of my friends! I got a really bad leg cramp though from not drinking enough water. It's just now starting to get back to normal 36 hours later. Ouch! I recommend keeping a water bottle with you while opening your gifts if you haven't had your shower yet.

HalfThyme - you will not regret getting a cleaning lady! We've had one for a few years and I honestly don't think we could get by without her... especially now!

AMM - gorgeous twin bump :)

AFM - Davis was being as stubborn as his momma! (I guess he comes by it naturally). We weren't able to get any good 3D shots... I have an anterior placenta that he was hiding behind, he also had his hands in his face and was chewing on his umbilical cord through the entire scan! We did get to see some details... he's totally bald, has my nose, and he has the sweetest lips :) We're going back for a rescan on Saturday. If we still can't get any good shots, we're just going to ask her to do a regular 2D scan since those pictures were amazing and I really wish she had given us some of those. I am so in love already :)

Oh yeah - forgot to mention - you're scans are beautiful, MommyH!! :)

Bummer Mrs.... Im happy you got to see him and all is well!!

My shower was this weekend and I have another one tonight!

HalfT im with you I hate being center of attention. I think the first half of my gift opening my face was bright red and I giggled alot because I was so nervous :blush:

We got all our big items car seat, swing, bouncer, co-sleeper, baby bath, blankets, sleep sacks, and about 50 some outfits!!! In order for her to wear them all I would have to change her clothes 5 times a day!!! I almost dont want to go to the shower tonight becuase I know it will be more clothes and I have no place to put them all!!! We have to purchase another dresser.

We also did the diaper raffle and I ended up with 18 packs of size 1 diapers (in the brand I love) 3 packs of size 2 and 1 pack of newborn. I highly recommend the diaper raffle!!

The ONLY thing I have to buy is my breastpump and bottles! :happydance:
Bless my friends and family, they helped out sooo much!!!

What an awesome shower!! :) Glad you got so many goodies :)

My first shower is in 2 weeks... I have to make a long 4 hour drive to get there, too... not looking forward to that part. but I can't wait to see all of my friends and family... and better yet, for them to see me! Obviously since I live so far away they haven't been able to keep up with the progress throughout my pregnancy and I'm excited to see their reactions :haha:

I can't wait for you MRS!!! How fun to see everyone again and show off your bump!!
I hope you have a nice size vehicle or that 4 hour trip back with all your LO's new items might seem even longer :haha:
I know it took us 3 vehicles to get all my stuff across town.

Oh yes! DH has a large SUV, so we'll be taking the 3rd row seats out and driving his car down there. If we can't fit it all in our car, my parents will be back up here 2 weeks after that for our shower up here with most of DH's family & friends, so they can pack the rest in their truck. Hopefully that'll be all we need to get it all here... if there's more that we can't fit we'll have to decide what can wait until after he gets here and my mom can bring the rest when I go into labor.

Speaking of showers, is it customary where you guys are from to give your hostesses a gift? We always do hostess gifts in TX, but I feel like I spent WAY too much money on the gifts (and I tried to be as cheap as I could manage). I have 23 hostesses all together (16 for my shower in my hometown and 7 for my shower in our current town). There was just no way to get around it... even just spending $10/person was a lot.

WOW that's alot of hostesses!!!!!

Here in Missouri we do a gift, but then again one or two people are hosting the event. We are taking OH mother and father out to dinner this weekend as a thanks, and got his mother a nice picture frame to put LO pic in once she is here for her office desk. As for my shower tonight, since it's my mothers best friend throwing it, she said she would take care of getting her something.

But with that many ladies in charge I couldn't do it! Holy Moly If you have that many ladies just throwing it not including your guest, you may need a few trips like you said to get everything back!

It's mostly my mom's group of friends throwing the shower in two weeks (the big one!). It would have been awesome if my mom had volunteered to get the gifts for that group since they're her friends, but she's already done so much for me and the baby so I won't hold it against her ;) It was a lot of money though... I just hate spending that kind of money on other things right now b/c I always think "that's money I could put towards baby things!" Hopefully after these showers I won't need to spend anymore of my own money on baby stuff :)

My fx'd that you get so much stuff it looks like a baby store threw up in your home and you don't need to buy a thing!!

I just need to get my hospital bag items and I am set!! That's what I plan on doing this weekend. I also am packing an emergency bag for my car in case my water breaks or I go into labor at school. Since I have to wear scrubs to class I am just packing a pair of pants, underwear, and an extra t-shirt so im comfy while I wait for OH to pick me up.

Aww bummer about the scan Mrs! I was looking forward to pics, too! Hope they get some better shots tomorrow!

And holy guacamole that is a lot of hostesses! I've never heard of any hard and fast rule about giving gifts, but I thought about it last week and really wanted to do something nice to thank my sister for spoiling me. I'm still working on getting something for my MIL and SIL who helped out a ton as well. I think it's perfectly fine to do gifts for the people throwing you a party, and good for you for keeping the spending limit down -- with that many, the cost goes up super fast! It's probably too late at this point, but with that many hostesses you may want to consider something "baby Davis" specific, i.e. getting keychains made, frames, etc... there are tons of places online now that can create custom gifts/favors and they are relatively inexpensive since you're buying in bulk. But that might be too kitchy.....I dunno.

MommaB -- wow you got a ton of stuff!! Congrats on the diaper raffle, sounds like you are set!

Viking -- congrats on the shower! I hear you on the leg cramp -- though I get them in the middle of the night and usually they're so bad the muscle ends up getting damaged so I can't walk normally for a day or two. I've heard it's a potassium/calcium deficiency?

I've been getting leg cramps at night too! When I stretch my leg out :( It bloody hurts!

Oh, and extra set of clothes in the car sounds like a great idea!!! I may do that as well :)

HalfThyme - I stocked up on travel sized goodies at Bath & Body Works. I know that has been done to death, but it was cheaper than the other gift ideas I had (ornaments, manicure sets, etc.). The lady at the store was super sweet too and gave me 30% off!!! (Thank God for her!). At my bridal showers I gave everyone really cute umbrellas, but I just couldn't afford to do something like that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->