November 2012 Due Dates

Ok, so I have a dilemma! We've had a really hard time coming up with a middle name. We're just sort of so-so on any that we can tolerate. The only one that we've really liked is Rose. Amara Rose Montgomery. Here's the issue: Our six-year-old puggle (our dog) is named Rose. It's not that we are naming the baby after the dog or anything, but would that really be so bad? We love her to death and she isn't going to live forever? The dog I mean...

I'm a bit afraid of being judged for it, which I usually don't give two hoots about. I'm thinking I might be afraid that my girl might be judged for it? Yes, this is the biggest of my problems today; I clearly need to concentrate on work!

In case you need a reference, I've attached a pic of the current baby.

Attachments

• Rose.jpg
    Rose.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2
Mrs-So excited to see your scan pics. Enjoy every second of that scan!
Stephers-I think Amara Rose is a pretty name. If you are okay with it I say go for it! :)

So, my husband and girls left early this morning (like 3am) to go to Idaho for about 10 days. I had such a hard time telling them bye cause my oldest was so unhappy about being woke up and she wanted to stay with mommy and go back to bed. I cried for a good while...luckily before they left my husband got her to relax and then she talked to me and said she's excited she's just really going to miss me. :( She's mommy's girl BIG time. Anyway, now my house is empty and its soooo weird but it will be nice to relax/nap/sleep as much as I want whenever I want! :)

Ashley, enjoy the quiet and chill, I'm sure it'll feel weird for you after a few days without the family around.

Stephers, funny you should mention using your dogs name as a middle name for the baby, I gave my parents dog her name, Zoe, which I love and wanted to use for our baby should it be a girl and my Mum and my OH were like no way you can't give the baby the same name as the dog!! Personally I don't see a problem with it, it's a middle name for starters and secondly as you say you love your dog so there's nothing wrong with using her name too, I'm a huge animal lover so I get that :) by the way Rose looks gorgeous!

Ashley, I agree with Charlie! Enjoy the silence while you can :) and :hugs: to you, I know it can't be easy to watch your babies go.

Stephers, your pup is so sweet!!! I love any sort of pug/pug mix :) (I'm partial though, I have 2 pugs). I say, if you love your dog and she's an important part of the family then it shouldn't be an issue to use her name. Like Ashley said... if you're okay with it, than do it! I'm from a huge pet loving family and we constantly talk about the dogs we had when we were children. If they had the types of names a child could carry on, I would be proud to have any one of their names as they were all important to the family.

Thanks girls, I know you all can relate and your words are very encouraging! I can't do sleeping pills because I am home alone at night with my daughter and it just scares me to much that if the house caught fire or there was an emergency I wouldn't wake up for her if that makes sense...hubby works nights :( I wish I felt comfortable enough for that to be an option! I'm at the hospital now, we apparently showed up an hour and a half early for our ultrasound so they gave us free lunch :) I'm off to work after we get done and then I'll be able to head home and takea nap hopefully!! I got about an hour of sleep this morning...I don't know why I can't sleep at night, I am SO exhausted and it shows all over my face and attitude...poor hubby got a good bitch session this morning for not staying up with me and me crying all night while he was sound asleep...moments like that make you realize how alone you are in pregnancy, even with him right next to me he is NOT going through what I am and I had to make that clear that I needed more from him even if it was to rub my back till I fell asleep...he willbe better now hopefully ;)

i actually thinking using rose as a middle name is a great idea!! i love and miss my childhood dog so much that i can't even bring him up without crying. i think it's kind of a cool way to honor your dog! as you said.. sadly your dog will pass one day and the middle name will even have more meaning!!

we are naming our son Murray which is my moms maiden name, i almost didnt suggest it because i knew my DH had a cat named Murray when he was little. when i brought it up he loved it and said it didnt bother him one bit :)

and a random comment! i just walked into my sons room to put a few sleepers away and i realized i am totally jealous of his closet!! he got the room with the biggest closet and he has more clothes then me and DH combined!

Thanks for the encouragement! I sent DH a text and told him that the ladies on the preggo board said Rose is a good idea, so I think we're sticking to it!

Everyone has a lot going on right now! We have our first shower tomorrow (a couples shower with family and a few friends) and then I have the girly shower next weekend. DH is going fishing with his BIL and nephew next weekend and I have to admit that I am very much looking forward to the quiet and watching sappy movies with the dogs. Not sure what I would do with ten days though! That's a long time. You really need to get some quick dinners and some spa items for plenty of uninterupted hot baths!

Hahaha.....omg you girls crack me up, thank you for the laugh -- it was much appreciated! Mrs, at least your DH tried to backtrack! Mine just looked at me for a second and then said "ok, well I'm gonna go make some popcorn". I can't be too mad at thim though, he totally vacuumed the entire house and helped clean for the shower this weekend.

Stephers -- what an adorable dog!! Glad you texted DH our verdict on the middle name, of course the ladies on the preggo board have the only opinion that matters! haha For what it's worth though, it really is a lovely name, especially with Amara.

Ashley -- enjoy the quiet! What part of Idaho are they going to? I live in southeast Idaho and it just started dipping down into the 30s at night, hope they packed lots of warm stuff! It is a beautiful time of year here, though.

MommyH -- I can totally see why you'd be paranoid! I have to say though, being pregnant I think there is a very slim chance of sleeping through ANYTHING, especially if you take an OTC product (i.e. Benadryl or Unison) and even moreso if you cut the dose in half....it might just be the nudge your body needs to get some rest. Wow....listen to me pushing the drugs....sorry! I swear I'm not an addict! DH is working on his doctor of pharmacy and I think he's starting to rub off on me...

PS: forgot to share -- I broke down and hired a cleaning lady this week! So excited to come home from work today and have cleaning already done!

Lol half my mom is a pharmacist and we tease her all the time about being a pill pusher ;)

Lol half my mom is a pharmacist and we tease her all the time about being a pill pusher ;)

oh my GOSH! i'm am such a dip! i totally read that wrong and thought "half her mom?" what the heck does that mean! :rofl: clearly my work week has taken its toll!

HalfThyme-They're near Soda Springs. Which is probably close to you?? They went to go hunting near there. Well...my girls aren't hunting but my husband and his family have a tradition of going there every September.

PS: forgot to share -- I broke down and hired a cleaning lady this week! So excited to come home from work today and have cleaning already done!

Great idea!! I'm thinking about getting a cleaning lady a couple of weeks after bubs is here, just for a few clean ups over the 1st few months, my treat to stop me stressing about the state of the flat!!

Just wanted to share my belly pic at 31weeks and 1 day wih twin girls.
Happy Saturday

Attachments

• 31 weeks.jpg
    31 weeks.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
So I totally wrote a long post yesterday and it's not here...damn! I don't have the energy to write much right now but thought I'd share our scan pics from our ultrasound yesterday :) I'll wrote more once I get a nap in me...

Ela has big feet :)
https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/0044249a9854367b6ca1a68a49011227.jpg

Profile shot waving hi :)
https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/8983ba33d527679167453cdd6b76d804.jpg

Face shot, she is sooooo beautiful with chubby cheeks :)
https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/170983ddbfe4cd10a576620c1a554511.jpg

Our baby girl has HAIR!!!!!! :wohoo:
https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/b717f5238f139af6825aa52013455317.jpg

This was by far the best ultrasound I've ever had and I fell so in love with her when i saw her face, she is so stinking cute <3

Uh oh MommyH! They got to your signature! :)

ETA: Ela is beautiful!

Yea I know...I guess I don't realize my sig or pictures are big because I'm on my iPad??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->