November 2012 Due Dates

Yay how exciting, I was coming on here this morning to find out how all the showers went :) So happy you all got spoiled!! Ours is this next Sunday and I couldn't be more excited :) I never got a shower with our first daughter since she was born in Hawaii and I didn't have any family around and not too many friends either so I'm really loving everyone getting to be around this pregnancy!!!

Anyone else have more scans? Our next one is in 5 weeks, at 38 weeks...I should be ready to explode by then lol but yay for being 32 weeks today :wohoo: So excited to meet all of our new bundles and surprises <3

I think I have hit a bit of a nesting phase...in my head I run through everything I need to do lol...I started cleaning last night and wore myself out till I fell asleep so I guess that was one way to get some rest ;) I told hubby I am getting back to that tired phase I can feel it coming so all of the cleaning will be left to him here shortly...which means he has been helping me a lot already with the deep cleaning stuff while he has a second set of hands. I feel like our house has shrunk a ton and we have no room for anything...I need a professional organizer to come in and help me figure out where to put all this stuff (office desk that was in baby's room, all our mail and bills and computer and stuff that was in baby's room, bookshelf, etc) I just don't know where to put it all, we don't have room in our living room and we only have a 3 bedroom which are all taken...I knew we should have bought a bigger house lol

You mean I'm the only one who has carried extra underwear and pants in my car my entire pregnancy because I'm constantly leaking and peeing myself all the time and extra bras and shirts from my boobs leaking?! :rofl: I have had THAT bag in my car since week 6 and have to change it out at least once a week from an 'accident' of some sort :blush:

LOL, MommyH. DH and I were just talking about organizing and how we need a bigger house :) It's going to be chaotic for a while, that's for sure! We're not used to having things "out of place" in our home, so the toys and baby gear will take some getting used to.

Half, you are right about the deficiencies. (um, I don't know if that is spelled correctly. It doesn't look right.) I ate a banana before going to bed for the potassium. I'm lactose intolerant so calcium can be a problem for me. It's definitely gotten worse with the pregnancy too. Things I used to be able to eat with a lactaid pill I can't eat anymore without getting sick. It's miserable. The cramping can be from dehydration, defiencies or a combination of them or something else entirely. I was definitely dehydrated.
MommyH, I have been wearing a panty liner for a while now due to the leaking urine. It is horrid. I can't even tell you why it happens. It's not necessarily when I sneeze or cough even. Sometimes I can just feel it happening :nope: It's awful. I've been trying to do my kegels religiously so that it doesn't happen or get any worse. They do seem to help some. :shrug: My DH makes fun of my diaper. :haha:

Excited to hear your showers went well! :)

I'm kinda sad that I'm not having one. Even though we're having another girl I still wanted to celebrate having another baby and do the diaper raffle thing. But, it's okay. My mom has been going slightly crazy and buying a ton of outfits for her. I had all short sleeved outfits and dresses from my first 2 girls so with this one being born in a different season we did need some long sleeved outfits. So, that's exciting!

I, too, have been wearing a light pantyliner because I sometimes leak a little and its easier to change that than my panties every single time!

So, this baby is SO active! Sometimes she gets so crazy in there I feel like her strong movements alone are going to cause my water to break. Lol. I know its not possible but geez!

For some reason I can't remember, but when do you guys get your first vaginal exam to check cervix? I can't remember if its 34 or 36 or even 37 weeks.

My exams wont start until 36 weeks. Can't wait for that fun to begin, LOL!

It's not too late to have a party, Ashley! Maybe you guys could do a couples "celebration" and just have some friends over to celebrate a new baby and do the diaper raffle then!

Thanks Mrs. I'll have to talk to my husband about it when he gets back. I go to the doctor this Friday for my 34 week checkup so I'm curious how that will go. Then, Sunday night my family will be back. :) I miss them so much! But it has been nice to have a quiet clean house :)

LOL, MommyH. DH and I were just talking about organizing and how we need a bigger house :) It's going to be chaotic for a while, that's for sure! We're not used to having things "out of place" in our home, so the toys and baby gear will take some getting used to.

I know it's insane, we just bought our house a year and a half ago, I knew it was too small for a growing family but it was comfortable for the time being and was what we could afford...luckily we only planned on this being a 3-5 year home and we will be buying another in a few years before we completely burst at the seams and before we have our next little one for sure!!

Half, you are right about the deficiencies. (um, I don't know if that is spelled correctly. It doesn't look right.) I ate a banana before going to bed for the potassium. I'm lactose intolerant so calcium can be a problem for me. It's definitely gotten worse with the pregnancy too. Things I used to be able to eat with a lactaid pill I can't eat anymore without getting sick. It's miserable. The cramping can be from dehydration, defiencies or a combination of them or something else entirely. I was definitely dehydrated.
MommyH, I have been wearing a panty liner for a while now due to the leaking urine. It is horrid. I can't even tell you why it happens. It's not necessarily when I sneeze or cough even. Sometimes I can just feel it happening :nope: It's awful. I've been trying to do my kegels religiously so that it doesn't happen or get any worse. They do seem to help some. :shrug: My DH makes fun of my diaper. :haha:

Lol I wear panty liners too b sometimes more comes out than they can hold!! I agree it's not only with coughing and sneezing, sometimes I just feel it dribbling out, I'm leaking pee, gunk, and mucus plug like crazy lol so gross! I try to remember to do kegals but I'm not too well off in the memory department these days!

Excited to hear your showers went well! :)

I'm kinda sad that I'm not having one. Even though we're having another girl I still wanted to celebrate having another baby and do the diaper raffle thing. But, it's okay. My mom has been going slightly crazy and buying a ton of outfits for her. I had all short sleeved outfits and dresses from my first 2 girls so with this one being born in a different season we did need some long sleeved outfits. So, that's exciting!

I, too, have been wearing a light pantyliner because I sometimes leak a little and its easier to change that than my panties every single time!

So, this baby is SO active! Sometimes she gets so crazy in there I feel like her strong movements alone are going to cause my water to break. Lol. I know its not possible but geez!

For some reason I can't remember, but when do you guys get your first vaginal exam to check cervix? I can't remember if its 34 or 36 or even 37 weeks.

Oh gosh I totally know what you mean, I swear sometimes I. Feel like she's playing with my plug trying to uncork it and I'm gonna burst! Then she breaks out squirming everywhere which makes me contract and my stomach gets so hard and bloated it feel like I'm going to explode!!

I have already had 2 internals to check if I was dilated...still at a stretchy 2cm and 40% thinned out...watch I'm totally going to go overdue lol

I have already had 2 internals to check if I was dilated...still at a stretchy 2cm and 40% thinned out...watch I'm totally going to go overdue lol

Ooo! dilating, exciting.
I've had an exam every time, since the start :p. Does a swab and an exam. But now he asks about things like if I have pressure.

MommyH & Bexx --- what great ultrasound shots!!! LOVE the hair!! Bexx, do you have a guess on what color your bump is? I'm thinkin you might be joining the girl club!

i keep feeling like it's a boy...but everyone else tells me girl. i probably have horrible intuition. i'll be thrilled either way, but right now i just feel more attracted to more boyish stuff as i'm walking through the stores.

Oh my! I missed a morning of presents and peeing! Probably because I was engrossed in both of those things as well!

Hostess gifts for showers? I would say must be a TX thing, but sounds like it's a tradition in many places. I've thrown a few showers and I've never heard of such a thing. I'm in MN and that might be showing a bit too much emotion:)

I did have a shower on saturday. It was our "couples" shower to appease my MIL. My sister-in-law and friend are throwing me one next weekend that I consider the real shower. The one on saturday was very nice though. DH's sister and husband made awesome food and it was fun to see everyone. DH's friends didn't show, but my friends dragged their husbands, so that was good. We got a lot of great stuff as well. Our portable crib with bassinet, diaper genie, baby bag and many packs of diapers as well as lots of cute clothes were very appreciated!

We'll see what happens at the next shower, but I am assuming more cute pink clothes!

i'm still looking for a hostess gift for my shower. thankfully i only have to buy one and my shower isn't for another three weeks. plenty of time to mull it over and find something perfect.

I bought my hostesses bracelets that matched their personalities/styles. That way they can remember the day when they wear them. I didn't know about the thank you gift either, but it makes sense. One of my friends has thrown several showers and always complained about how much money she would spend and how ungrateful her friends seemed. I was determined that she wouldn't feel that way about me.

I'm feeling like you Ashley. I totally get not having a shower since I really don't need much of anything, but a celebration of some kind would be so nice! I don't think anyone here would arrange one and I would feel awkward doing it myself. I kind of want to buy some cold weather clothes, but have a feeling Vanessa will be spending the first month or so in fleecy sleepers that I already have.

As for leakage, I have been "snizzing" since the beginning. Panty liners are my friend!

Wow, I have been getting caught up on all the readings, and I am having twin girls and I have been having cervical checks since 28 weeks, also go for NSTs 2x a week and a growth scan once a month.
I had two showers the end of August, my mom did one and only 8 people showed up, and then a friend from Church thru the other one and I am still trying to decide on a Thank you gift for her! I am kinda waiting til the girls get here so I can give her a colleage of pictures in a frame, she knows that I want to get her something still, I also agree with the diaper raffle, best thing to have at any baby shower, we got over 1500 diapers between the two!

wow ! I can't believe you all have cervical checks where you are! We don't have any here until we actually go into labour (or threat of pre-term labour)

Question for the second (third, fourth, etc.) time mommies. Is a cervical check at the doctor's office different in any way from a cervical check while in labor?? Because I never got around to the checks at the office. They start at 37 weeks and DD was born 36+2. The first cervical check I had hurt like HELL. Just wondering if they all hurt that much or if dilation/labor make a difference.

HalfThyme - I stocked up on travel sized goodies at Bath & Body Works. I know that has been done to death, but it was cheaper than the other gift ideas I had (ornaments, manicure sets, etc.). The lady at the store was super sweet too and gave me 30% off!!! (Thank God for her!). At my bridal showers I gave everyone really cute umbrellas, but I just couldn't afford to do something like that again.

What a good call -- you can usually get pretty good deals at B&BW especially if they gave you 30% off, how nice of her! Oh, and btw the umbrellas for the bridal shower are INGENIUS! What a fantastic idea! Wish I'd thought of that when I got married.

I text my best friend (who is also pregnant... and also one of the hostesses for my shower... and I'm a hostess for hers, too)... anyway - I text her and said "what are you giving your hostesses as gifts? And yes, I know it's awkward for me to ask since I am one of your hostesses and you're one of mine, but I am too tired to think!" LOL! She thought it was pretty funny and made a few suggestions, but ultimately B&BW was the cheapest option. I think I'll put a cute little tag on the goodies that says something like "I hope you enjoy your next shower as much as I've enjoyed mine" (since they're all bath treats). All I have to do now is package them all up and I'm good to go!

You know the greatest part about these showers?? 1) we'll get all the goodies we need and 2) there shouldn't be another reason from here on out to have another shower!!! (unless some day I have a child of the opposite sex, but honestly I think I'll have all boys). They're fun and of course oh-so-helpful, but I am showered out!

It's basically the same as when you are in labor. I know my doctor does some sort of testing for some type of infection (completely drawing a blank) and does a cervix check as well but I just don't exactly remember when. I'm curious if its 34 or 36...hmmm...I don't think he ever got around to checking or doing the test with Adalynn so must have been 36 or even 37 when they usually do it. I had Addie right at 36 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->