November 2012 Due Dates

I've got way too many maternity clothes! Got a sweater from Burlington a couple months ago for three dollars though! I hope to get to wear it soon!

Half, if they do an induction that early the statistics aren't that great for a vaginal birth. According to stats I have seen for a FTM if you are induced early with a poor bishop score around 50% (I'm sorry I can't remember the exact stat I read anymore) end up with a c-section anyway. I think if I were in your shoes I'd just do an elective c-section if they would allow it? The inductions my friends have had have been really brutal. Long and drawn out. Like 2-3 days. It's up to you, of course, and any mommy needs to decide what is best for them. :hugs: Just my opinion.
Exciting that you don't have much longer to meet your LO!!!!!!!:happydance:

Thank you thank you thank you! I'd remembered reading something along these lines but haven't been able to find it! Long and drawn out labor does not sound awesome. I believe they will let me elect for a c-section, although I haven't chatted with doc about it yet. Question for you (oh wise one on maternity leave with lots of time :)) -- baby girl is measuring a week ahead....so does that mean they could induce/c-section at 36 weeks (insert overjoyed happy dance here)? Or will they definitely make me wait until I am technically 37 weeks?

I had mastitis twice. First time worse than the second. Meds worked well for me! Hopefully it doesn't happen with this one too.

i hope it doesnt for you either! she said it came on so sudden. felt fine.. then felt terrible! atleast she got on meds quick!

i am not going to get too many more maternity things, i like going on walks at night so maybe a hoodie or a warm sweater

I'm trying very hard not to need to buy a jacket :/ I'm thinking open at the front might be the way to go. Nov the 1st isnt too cold...I hope...

Also I found pj bottoms that fit me, so I think I'll wear those a lot when I dont have to leave the house :p.

Half, if they do an induction that early the statistics aren't that great for a vaginal birth. According to stats I have seen for a FTM if you are induced early with a poor bishop score around 50% (I'm sorry I can't remember the exact stat I read anymore) end up with a c-section anyway. I think if I were in your shoes I'd just do an elective c-section if they would allow it? The inductions my friends have had have been really brutal. Long and drawn out. Like 2-3 days. It's up to you, of course, and any mommy needs to decide what is best for them. :hugs: Just my opinion.
Exciting that you don't have much longer to meet your LO!!!!!!!:happydance:

Thank you thank you thank you! I'd remembered reading something along these lines but haven't been able to find it! Long and drawn out labor does not sound awesome. I believe they will let me elect for a c-section, although I haven't chatted with doc about it yet. Question for you (oh wise one on maternity leave with lots of time :)) -- baby girl is measuring a week ahead....so does that mean they could induce/c-section at 36 weeks (insert overjoyed happy dance here)? Or will they definitely make me wait until I am technically 37 weeks?

Hm. I think from what I have been seeing online for early decisions like that is to do an amnio and see how developed the lungs are. Perhaps that is just with even earlier deliveries though? I haven't done any research on that, but just going by measurement I wouldn't feel comfortable with. I don't want my baby to end up in the NICU, but your doctor will be the one with that information.
Yes, this is what I do with my time. Sit around and read up on natural labor and breast feeding. I need to move on to the part after birth. I have no idea how to actually take care of a baby. :dohh: DH is going to daddy boot camp this Saturday and after that he will probably know more than I do! That's just sad. Time to start reading other things.

I had mastitis early on and it was awful :( I remember lying in bed with the shakes etc. I was recommended to have my son nurse as much as possible on that breast, then pump to make sure it was empty/lump free and rubbed down from the top to the nipple making sure any lumps had gone. I had a bigger supply on that breast and my son preferred the other side in the early days, but it does get easier :) Hope it clears up for her soon hun xx

Hm. I think from what I have been seeing online for early decisions like that is to do an amnio and see how developed the lungs are. Perhaps that is just with even earlier deliveries though? I haven't done any research on that, but just going by measurement I wouldn't feel comfortable with. I don't want my baby to end up in the NICU, but your doctor will be the one with that information.
Yes, this is what I do with my time. Sit around and read up on natural labor and breast feeding. I need to move on to the part after birth. I have no idea how to actually take care of a baby. :dohh: DH is going to daddy boot camp this Saturday and after that he will probably know more than I do! That's just sad. Time to start reading other things.

Good point on the NICU. I feel so selfish sometimes....I'm just ready to be done and have her in my arms, and I think I forget that even though she's doing great now, she still needs a few more weeks to bake!

I totally had the same thought -- "what happens after the birth!?" I can tell you everything you ever wanted (and didn't want) to know about TTC, sperm analysis, charting, fertility and pregnancy.....but childcare and what to do when baby is in their purple period? :wacko: Definitely time for me to start reading post-baby stuff too!

YEah, it was actually kinda chilly here today, pants and long sleeves today and sweatshirts tonight, also reality just set in for me as I am a jeans and hoodie girl for the fall and winter, the last two jeans I never even wore a winter coat, but something just hit me when I put on my hoodie, how can I breast feed with my normal wardrobe when we are out and about, I told my hubby Iwas going to have to get zipper ones and he was like OMG you already have 30 sweatshirts do you REALLY need more? I guess I will have to figure out what to do, maybe I will have to forgo sweathirts and wear a coat this year
I am hoping to go into labour by mid october when I will be just shy of 36weeks, and with twins I think that will be far enough for me, since I am 31 weeks and measuring almost 41 now. I cant imagine getting tooo much bigger

i just got a cheap but really comfy zipdown hoodie at target! its maternity but even without a bump i think it will look normal. all it has is some pleats in the pocket area. i dont wear coats either.. which is ridiculous because i live in new england and i need too! lol

i am in so much pain in my ribs that its becoming unbearable and i still have so much time. i keep prayinf for 37 weeks!! which is terrible of me :( :(

i dont wear coats either.. which is ridiculous because i live in new england and i need too! lol

oh my gosh! how do you survive? i lived in ma for 4 years of college and i nearly froze to death!!!!

Amm I thought the same thing today :haha:

I am thinking about just buying zip up hoodies and wearing nursing tanks under them.

haha well i own a peatcoat for real cold days, but in november, december i wear long sleeves and hoodies usually.. i run warm. but your right everyone says i am NUTS lol

what college did you go too??!

Haha, I have to get a jacket or something, I'd freeze to death if I didnt :p

Sometimes it does get REALLY cold here, but its not like I go walking everywhere here, its basically from the house to the car, from the car into another building, and I just hate coats, Yeah I have some nursing shirts and I might just have to get some zip ups I can usually find cheap ones and I love to go to the second hand store for things like that too! I do have a coat for things outside, heck I even own a snowsuit for when I go do the winter things with the church teens, but that wont be this winter, they are actually upset that I am not going to be able to make Winter Camp with them in Jan. They just dont get the packing up TWO babies for a weekend of OUTSIDE winter stuff, 3 hours from home!
Have a growth scan today cant wait to see what they are weighing in at...Having a very hard tim sleeping now too, when I lay on one side to long my hip and belly start to hurt even tho I lay on a pillow and then rolling over is even worse! I sleep about 2 hours and then am awake for a hour, so I think my body is preparing me for birth already.

I cant wait to here how the little ones are getting along AMM!!

It gets really cold here too and I hate lugging a bulky coat around. I usually take one with me and put it in the car, just in case of emergency, but other than that I wont wear one.
I only plan to get out this winter to take DS to and from school, to the store, and to take the little lady to her doc appointments. Other than that I am fine with staying in all cozy and not risk the little one suffering with RSV or any oher winter born illnesses. Thats the only downfall in my opinion to having a tiny newborn in the colder months. They just dont fight illness off as well as a 5 or 6 months old could. Once its a bit warmer and cold and flu season is over I will take her out more and let her get exposure to build her immunity.

Good luck at your scan today, AMM! Can't wait to hear the update :)

Thankfully it doesn't get too cold here, and when it does things normally shut down b/c us Texans just aren't used to that kind of weather, LOL! Usually in the winter I wear cardigans and coats and that's about it. There might be a 4 week period that I'll wear gloves, but usually they're not needed. And one things for sure - if it snows in Texas, you just stay in your house! No one tries drivnig in it and offices/schools/businesses/etc. all shut down until the snow melts. It's awesome :)

When it rains it pours :( Please say a prayer for us :( Hubby was just laid off of work :( I'm devastated, I have no clue what we are going to do :cry:

Oh, MommyH!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I really hope you guys catch a break soon! My goodness! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

MommyH Oh No!! :hugs: :hugs:

I hope he can get unemployment soon. At least that will take a tiny bit of stress off of you all.

Your in my prayers :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->