November 2012 Due Dates

annie, a bpp is something like a biophysical ? Basically its the same as a NST but then they do an ultrasound to check for anything that might be wrong, I get them all the time with the twins....

ON ANOTHER GREAT NOTE.....I went to the drs today and had come to terms with having a Nov baby because I am not dilating, and she said I can have them TOMORROW!!! We are having babies at 1:30pm est.....WHOO HOOO I am having my OCTOBER BABIES and not on my birthday(which is wednesday)....hubby can be around tomorrow but will still travel to IN on Thursday which is okay because I will be in the hospital still!!!! I will post pictures as soon as I can.....
Good Luck to those in the storms..thats scary and to those that are REALLY close to delivery!

GREAT NEWS AMM!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :) Can't wait for the updates and pictures. Wishing you all the best!!

Annie-Hope you can keep that baby in there a little bit longer, but glad to hear they are keeping an eye on things to make sure both of you are safe!

Mrs-glad you get to have an ultrasound. I miss seeing my little booger!

Wishful-hopefully the hurricane doesn't complicate things too much! DH grew up in NY, so he has lots of friends who aren't working this week and all the kids are off school. Maybe the added stress will start labor as well. One more thing to add to your list! It's hard to watch the weather woes going on. The weather is supposed to get as close as Chicago, but here in Minnesota things are pretty calm. I just thank God that this baby is due before winter; I would hate to have to get to the hospital in a snow storm.

...and yay AMM! Hopefully this news takes away a little bit of the stress you've been feeling. Can't wait to see pictures of those girlys!

oh AMM I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! good luck!!

the weather here is insane. my parents have just been evacuated.pray for us here

:hugs: :hugs: thanks!

Wow! It's busy around here! Let's see if I can remember everything I want to say.
First, MommyH, I hope you are leaps and bounds better today and get to go home. I am not sure which kind of menengitis you have and how they are treating it, but it is so serious. I am so sorry that you are going thru this right now, and I am praying that you get home to your LO soon. Many :hugs:
MommaB, hang in there. I am so worried about the BFing working out for us. I have seen so many people struggle with it. It always seems to be a rocky start, but with some persistence it seems to work out. Use your resources. Lactation consultants seem to be very helpful. If you can use La Leche League, do it. I went to a meeting last month, and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. You are doing the best for your baby and I send you lots of luck. You can do it! :flower:
AMM, what a relief! What made them change their minds? It's awful that your DH has to leave after the babies come. What the hell was his boss thinking? I want to stick my foot up his arse. :growlmad: I can't believe your DH is agreeing to go. I would be furious, but I suppose the help when you get home is more critical than in the hospital. Good luck darling!!!!
Wishful, I hope you don't go into labor during all this mess. I wouldn't want to be in a hospital during an emergency situation. My mom works in a hospital pharmacy and is forced to stay at work when there is a situation like this. Grouchy staff. :nope: Perhaps it will be a-okay though.
Annie, no idea what a bpp is. After someone else's post about it I am going to guess biophysical profile? I hope your LO is ok. I have definitely felt much less movement these days. My LO has just run out of room in there. I can't feel her move most of the time unless I have my hand on my belly. I think it is due to the anterior placenta. I am glad they are keeping an eye on you. All we want is a healthy momma and baby at the end of all of this.
I apologize if I forgot anyone! Nothing going on with me. Just trying to keep myself occupied until this LO decides to arrive. I can't believe she could technically still be in there for 20 days. I die a little inside when I realize things like that. I have an appt on Wednesday morning. I'll be having my first internal exam. I could decline it, but I have to admit I'm a little curious to see if there has been any progress at all. I just will have to remind the midwife, no hanky panky. No stripping membranes or anything. I don't want to be in any unnecessary prolonged pain. I have heard of people getting stripped without being told, and it just causes pain and the baby still stays in there until they are ready. As long as I don't have to stand I'm doing alright. I am doing my daily walks still, and since I'm not working I get to pretty much do whatever I want. I spend a lot of time laying in bed. It's ideal. :haha:

Omg amm!! I'm so happy for u!!! Yay!!!! Hope all goes well!!

O I c..

I just didn't think they would induce bc of lack of movement..

She also upped my dose of glubryed for gd. My numbers been high...

viking- i'm glad i'm not the only one who seems to be spending more time lounging than doing anything else.

Viking,

My husband actually just got a new position within his company, and they are really wanting to transfer stuff over to him and they have been putting it off for two weeks now, waiting to see whats going on with the babies. So this meeting that he has, has been planned for awhile, he has to go to different stores. I told him I was okay with him going on Thursday becuase it is a five hour trip and they are leaving VERY early so he will be back around 5 or 6 pm and the only reason he is going to do it is because his NEW boss is flying in from Chicago to go with him and teach him a few different things. And then he gets to take the whole following week off. So since I will be in the hospital I told him it was okay. I will have a ton of vistors and I would rather be home with him than him taking time off to sit in the hospital.
I am soo excited tho, I FINALLY get to meet my girls in 24 hours!!!

So amm is it bad since they wanna do ultra sound Thursday bc she is moving much?
What does all this mean I'm so confussed!!!!!!

:shrug:

AMM-I am so excited for you to finally have those girls tomorrow! I will be looking for your updates. I wish you lots of luck during delivery and that all is well with you and babies afterwards :)
annie-If you are really confused and freaking out I would call to set something up with your doctor so you can ask questions and feel better. I don't know reasons that doctors do anything so I am no help. Sorry. :(
I can't think of everything else I was wanting to say....
So, I am having contractions again, nothing extremely painful but they're stronger than they were when I went in a few weeks ago. It has been making it hard to sleep at night so I'm starting to get irritated...

annie, I think if they were REALLY worried they would have had you back sooner. you can google it, its biophysical profile...basically they check to see the position, cord, placenta, fluid levels, and to make sure everything else looks like it should. I get it every NST that I have becuase I have two and they double check my fluid levels becuase of how far along I can and they check the membrane in between the babies to make sure their placentas havent fused together. Im sure things are fine, I know some babies tend to slow down movements towards the end becuase they are out of room, but I would call and verify WHY they want you to have it done. It will ease your mind.
My hubby called from work and they are letting him take the next week and a half off! YEAH no out of town now, so he will be with us.....that made me VERY HAPPY!

AMM I'm sure the excitement is overwhelming right now :)

Ashley - keep us posted on your contractions! FX'd they're working some magic and you get to meet your sweet girl soon! :)

Amm that is just wonderful news!! Bet ur over the moon!!!!!

To me it doesn't make since why the would induce me bc of lack of movement.. I'm gonna see what I can find on google

annie- a lot of the time a lack of movement indicates that the baby is not getting enough oxygen.

amm- so glad your hubby gets to stay with you. now everything seems to be lining up perfectly!!!! bring on the babies!

Viking,

My husband actually just got a new position within his company, and they are really wanting to transfer stuff over to him and they have been putting it off for two weeks now, waiting to see whats going on with the babies. So this meeting that he has, has been planned for awhile, he has to go to different stores. I told him I was okay with him going on Thursday becuase it is a five hour trip and they are leaving VERY early so he will be back around 5 or 6 pm and the only reason he is going to do it is because his NEW boss is flying in from Chicago to go with him and teach him a few different things. And then he gets to take the whole following week off. So since I will be in the hospital I told him it was okay. I will have a ton of vistors and I would rather be home with him than him taking time off to sit in the hospital.
I am soo excited tho, I FINALLY get to meet my girls in 24 hours!!!

I understand that work is important, but my personal opinion is that they are asking a bit much from him. Don't take that as a criticism of you or your DH, it is a criticism of how the unbelievable high expectations of employers these days that I feel, personally, is out of control in our country. My DH isn't getting much time to spend with us at all, so perhaps I'm a bit more sensitive than I should be. The standards in the US are just unbelieveable in comparison with most European countries. I just find it really intrusive. I am glad that you are at least getting your babies here before he has to leave. That must be a massive relief for you. I am excited to see your sweet little ones, and I am sure you will have plenty of help and support. :hugs:

So I haven't felt Bentlie since this morning and so I called labor and delivery and my dr just happen to be sitting right there and she told me to drink 2 bottles of water and lay on left side and see if she moves 10 x in 2 hours.. I'm worried now ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->