November 2012 Due Dates

good luck, halfthyme!!!! i'm just so very excited for you right now!!!

G'luck Half! I just keep reading about how wonderful it is when the baby is here and that it's all worth it! You're blazing our November path!

My doc appt went well: at 4cm and more than 75% effaced. Doc can't believe that I'm not in active labor. She said that if I make it to Friday, she's on call all weekend, so friday is a possible induction date. My bp was very high for me today (134/78), but she isn't at the point that she would call it medically necessary yet. I can't make this decision. UGH!

wow, stephers! that's crazy. sounds like you'll have a baby in your arms any minute now!

Bex that made so much since!!!!! Thank u so dearly much!!

I was just explaining what u wrote to me and he was like o he gets it I bought a app just now

GOOD LUCK HALF!!!!!

and steph sounds like it could be any minute at this point.. so exciting!!!

Wow Stephers!!!!!
4cm and ur not in the hospital yet!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!

I would do what ever is the safest for u and ur baby in ur situation!!

glad that helped. i bought a contraction timer app too :) i got one for my kindle, but we're supposed to be receiving our new phones tomorrow, so i'll probably download it there instead.

Oh yay what kinda phone u got!!??

We can play words on the go now!!!

I'm sure hoping it's soon. She's so low and the pressure is just too much!

I downloaded a free iphone app that tracks contractions. Looking forward to using it as it stares at me everytime I turn the darn phone on!

Half- Thanks, me too! Good luck!! I am so excited for you.
Stephers- I can't believe you're at 4cm!! I don't think you'll need to be induced...you could go at any time I would think! Super exciting!! :)

we upgraded to iphone 4s. they were super cheap because we were overdue for an upgrade. i would've gotten the 5, but i can't see shelling out $400 for the two of us to get phones and then have to wait another 2-3 weeks just to get them.

That's what we got Bex and I love them..
I been having my iPhone 4S I don't want a 5 there is no diff.!!

I'm so happy for y'all ladies y'all are all so close to having that bundle!!!'

Good luck halfthyme and AMM, very exciting! and Stephers, not long now if you are 4cm, that's normally the start of active labour!!

I'm the same as you Ashley, one day at a time and am ignoring most niggles. Have had a lot more today but may well have hardly any tomorrow!!

I'm noticing through reading all these posts from you guys in the states that your docs sure like to induce you and often when you're not overdue, i don't really understand why this is? here I would have to go 10 to 14 days past my due date before they would induce me. It's all very different.

Charlie there talking bout inducing me bc I have gd and risk of still borns are higher in last two weeks :)

i am in the US and surprised at how many inductions i have read on here (not just this thread but in general on BnB) unless for medical purposes my dr refuses until 10 days past due and will even go 14 (but usually 10). my baby was in the 90th percentile, now 75th and she said... nope... you can push it out and if not we will find out in labor lol

and annie i thought your dr was only inducing bc she was quiet one day.. i did not know you had GD makes more sense now..

Stephers!! Holy cow I can't believe you're not in active labor either! I think I officially have cervix envy lol. They just started the Cervidil and the nurse tried to make me feel better and said I was half a cm dilated lol.

Charlie -- I think you're right and that it is more common here...although in most cases they won't even offer it before 39 weeks unless there is a reason (my bp was high, baby is huge, and my amnio fluid is super low). Most women I know in real life had to be overdue before they were induced...but not longer than a week I think.

GD does make more sense now, but yes like Wishful I have also read so many others who talk about induction for seemingly no medical reason which has baffled me a little, but it's clearly not all Doctors, as yours sounds the same as my hospital policy, 10-14 days and most likely 10 days. I'm not letting my head go there yet as I really don't like the sound of inductions!!

US docs definitely seem to be induction happy. One of the OB's I see wanted to push for induction because he thought I had a fast labor the first time around so it was solely for the reason of knowing I would be in the hospital when the baby was born. When I explained that my labor was actually something like 12 hrs long he shut up. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->