November 2012 Due Dates

no judgement here, bookity :) It's only 2 here and I'm trying to think of ways to stay awake!

i'm ready for a nap too! it's dh's birthday, so we went out to lunch after my checkup and then we went for a long, slow walk.

I'm so anxious to get home and try out the pump... LOL, I don't think I've ever been so excited to torture myself. A walk would definitely be easier, but I usually just get BH contractions and I'm trying to bring ou the real deal :)

u/s rescheduled to tomorrow at 830am, girl had to leave, no biggie.

i really feel like i've been pregnant for ever now... its snowing outside and there was snow on the ground when i found out back on march 2nd.

come on son i'd love to see and meet you!!!!!

wow- i just napped so hard i think i visited another dimension.

you can say that again. i haven't slept that well in 8 months!!!

Bexx, that is awesome! I love it when I sleep hard like that!

So, I had an appt this morning with my midwife group. I had another internal exam and she measured my bump. Apparently my bump is very large but she didn't give me the measurement. I didn't ask. She said there is a very decent sized baby in there. Then she proceeded to stuff me like a turkey. I was a loose 1cm and 70% effaced. So woot!!! Progress from last week! It was uncomfortable, but not painful. I would say it was better than last week. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom immediately afterward. I started spotting right away, and have had spotting all day long. The contractions started pretty much right away as well. They have been sporadic and mostly don't hurt at all. They mostly feel like BH, but they don't go away all together no matter my activity level. The only thing I haven't done is a bath. I may try that soon for something different. I'd like to take another walk. I took one earlier during the afternoon after nap #1. I don't want to go by myself this late at night. My DH had a long shift at work today. He should be home shortly I'm hoping and we can take a quick walk and see if that speeds things up or not.
So, maybe soon I'll get to meet my little girl?

glad you're making progress, viking! hope it's not much longer now!

So today is my birthday and I thought it would be fun to share my birthday with my lil man. So last night the hubby and I went for a walk. We only walked a mile but I tell you what I was almost jogging I was going to fast! Even hubby said "I haven't seen you move that fast in years" lol. Anyhow all that hard work and now I'm in so much pain!!! Perhaps that was a little too much...but it still didn't encourage my lil man to come out! He's due tomorrow. Dr. scheduled the induction for the evening of the 18th so he will be here by the 19th. But I want him to come sooner and I want him to come on his own!!!

Can't wait to hear your update after your ultrasound, wishful!!

Bex, I'm super jealous of your amazing nap! Oh how I wish...

Viking, glad there's been some progress! Hopefully she makes her appearance soon :)

Happy Birthday, Holls!!! Sorry you and your little man won't be sharing a birthday, but it sounds like you'll work him out sooner than later :) Can't believe you were almost in a full on jog - no way I could get my body to do that right now! :haha:

AFM - I tried the pump and wow!! It really was torture, LOL! However, I did get contractions from it in the middle of the night and have been a bit crampy today, so that's enough to keep me going :) Thankfully my boobies feel much better this morning than they did last night :thumbup: I know at this point I'm only producing colostrum, but how much should I be able to pump? There was hardly anything in either of the bottles... a little concerned that when he gets here I won't have enough to keep him full the first few days before my milk comes in.

Mrs, definitely don't be concerned about the amount you produce. For one thing what you get now is no comparison to what you'll have later when the hormones kick in. Also, little bitty newborns have even littler tummies and don't need much colostrum AT ALL to fill them up. :hugs: you will be fine!!

ultrasound was good.. minus the contractions haha

contractions every 4-6 minutes..lasting 45 seconds... could this be it???!!

A little update from me: So far, everything is going well. We switched to bottle only and everything is so much better for us as a family. I am so happy with our decision and hope no one judges for me not breastfeeding. :shrug: It's hard when you have a plan and things just don't go that way. :cry: But, sometimes its best to throw the plan out the window and just do whats best. Although now my boobs are killing me but I know after a week I should be okay. Because of the SPD/PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain) I cannot get in or out of bed by myself. My husband basically has to lift me. It's definitely not the way I saw this going...If its not better by Monday I have to have an x-ray and see if something is off. We're pretty sure everything is fine but its the worst pain I have ever felt and I don't know how much longer I can take it. Ugh...Okay enough complaining.
Lanay is a wonderful baby and she is already on a great schedule! Kelsie and Adalynn love her and the noise they make together doesn't even bother Lanay one bit! She fits in so nice with our family!
Here's a pic of me and my girls: (Sorry for the tired look)3 days after delivery :)
Girls 11-7-12.jpg

Ah, thanks Bookity! That's a relief :) :)

YAY WISHFUL! Keep us posted!

Ashley - you look great 3 days pp!! And your girls are beautiful :) Looks like you'll have your hands full, but I'm sure it will be so much fun. No judgement here about the bottle, either. You know what's best for your baby so I'm sure you've made the right decision. I hope your recovery goes well and the pain goes away! :hugs:

Thank you so much Mrs. You're so sweet :)

Wishful-Hope it is!

I hope all your BH & contractions start hurting!! Haha..That's the only way you know for sure that 'this is it!'

mrs.- i really paid for that nap later! :haha: i was wide awake by 2 am. on the bright side, my nails are perfectly manicured and painted a lovely fresh shade of seafoam green and i challenge anyone to find even one stray hair around my eyebrows!

ashley- what a gorgeous family you have! sorry you're in so much pain though :hugs: hope you recover quickly so you can enjoy your beautiful little ladies.

wishful- hope your contractions progress into full blown labor.

******baby update- annie had her beautiful little girl bentlie last night via c-section. i'm sure she'll update when she can***** (hope you don't mind me updating for you, annie)

wishful - sounds like "this is it!" to me! :) Hope things progress well for you!

ashley - looking great 3 days pp! I don't fault you one bit for your choices. It's gotta be hard especially when you are in so much pain on top of everything. Whatever is best for you and Lanay, that's what matters!

annie - Congrats! hope you and baby are doing well (thanks bexxc for the update!)

AFM - My appointment I had for today had to be rescheduled because the NP I was scheduled to see called in sick today. So my appt is moved to Monday morning next week. Boo. I was really hoping to see if I'd made any progress since last week.

Well at least you were productive, Bex :)

Congrats to Annie!!! Can't wait to read the story and see pictures!!

And a big Grrr for a rescheduled appointment, Bookity. That happened to me last Friday and I wasn't too thrilled about it... thankfully my rescheduled appointment is TOMORROW and I'll finally get to see my sweet baby's face on ultrasound again :) Will you have a scan or just an exam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->