November 2012 Due Dates

wishful-Yay! So excited your little man is here! :) And WOW! 7cm already! I had back labor with my 2nd and yes it is hard to time contractions. Good job mama! He's a cutie!

bexxc- Yes, that's from the baby moving down. Hopefully not too much longer for you.

Mrs-How exciting! Hope all is well with her delivery! :)

I believe my pain is getting better! I was able to get in and out of bed by myself last night! It was still hard and painful but at least I could do it.

so here is my story!

Thursday at 7am I started feeling pressure on my tailbone that was pretty intense but i honestly thought i needed to have a bowel movement. it got increasing worse and then i started to feel intense waves. since there was no pain in my pelvic or stomach area it was kind of hard to time the contractions because the pain was constant but had hikes of worse pain. My husband and i recorded them and they were 7 minutes apart and about 45 seconds long. so i went to my ultrasound as planned and when we got back the pain was getting really intense. the contractions were solely in my back and thighs. when we started counting contractions they were all over the
place! sometimes 7 minutes apart, sometimes 4,3, and lasting all different lengths too! i was so scared to call the doctor because i figured they weren't regular and sometimes only lasted as short as 30 seconds. my worst fear was to go in and have be sent home so i wanted to make sure it was the real deal. my DH was convinced it was but with the times being all over the over the place i was scared of false labor. the pain then starting to get take my breath away so i decided to call. she said it might be false labor, but we will get you checked out. the drive to the hospital was the worse drive of my life! i started getting nervous because i could be in this much pain and it might not be the real thing! the nurses took my vitals and monitored baby heart beat and the doctor came right in and did an exam.i was there all of 10 minutes and he tells us we are 7cm! i almost passed out! i wasn't even going to call... DH had to convince me. oops! i was praying to be at least 3cm, so when he ever said 7cm i almost passed out haha. i was SO happy that all this intense back pain was actually doing something! haha i still can't believe i labored that long at home before going. so i wasn't sure if i could still get the epidural because my dr said he likes them in no longer then 6cm. so i freaked out a bit because i wasn't sure i could take another contractions, it was insane how much my back hurt! so i was close to 8 when i got the epidural and started pushing an hour after the epidural was placed and he appeared an hour and half later!! it seems like a total blur. i never thought i'd be that progressed when i got in and also the days leading up to yesterday i felt no signs.. nothing! calm before the storm i guess!

so my son is the most beautiful and well behaved baby. and as i said early, he was 7lbs 5 ounces and 20 inches long. he has dark brown hair and looks just like his daddy, but has mommys nose!! he doesn't cry or fuss much at all which is fine by me!

i had a 2nd degree tear and a severely bruised tailbone that i have to get check on in a week, a dr from the ER came up and said i might need x-rays.. i also pushed so hard and used every body part (i know you're not suppose to but easier said then done lol) so i have a neck strain, two pinches nerves and my face feels like it was slammed against the wall! walking is difficult because of the bruise and the top of my body feels like a train ran over it! i haven't been able to interact much with my son because i can't move. this started to really get to me and i cried a lot last night. i know that i need to recover but i just wish i could hold him, feed him, change his diapers etc. i feel like a bad mommy

these last two days i found out it is possible to love my husband and more then i already did. he is amazing with his son and is basically doing it alone at this point. it seems like everything came natural to him. we are both very lucky!

we get to go home at dinner time tonight. excited and nervous at the same time!

here are a few other pictures. the second one shows off how much he loves stretching

i wanted to thank everyone on these boards. it has been a great experience to share everything with all of you. you guys have helped me out so much. can't wait for everyone else to go! i will check in as much as possible!

:hugs: and love to you all!

Attachments

• babyy.jpg
    babyy.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
  • baby toes.jpg
    baby toes.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5
Congrats wishful!
My yellow bump turned PINK yesterday! I was so surprised to wake up to a backache and bloody show at 2am... As I was only 38 weeks, and my dtr was born at 41+2! No signs of labour before yesterday morning. My husband was also supposed to go out of town this weekend, so I'm thankful that It all happened before he left (he's cancelled the trip, obviously!).
Anyways, Greta Mae arrived at 5:45pm yesterday weighing 7lbs 4oz and 20" long. We came home from the hospital last night too (6 hrs after delivery). Big sister Maggie is taking it all in... A big change for a 20 month old!
Good luck to everyone still waiting for their babies! I can empathize, as my first was 9 days overdue!

wishful, he's so gorgeous! i can't believe you were 7 cm before you ended up at the hospital! that's crazy!

janna! congrats on your pink arrival. i'm so anxious to see what color my bump turns.

wishful-What a precious baby! I am happy that you were able to get your epidural since you had back labor (I remember how horrible that was with my 2nd). Amazing that you were 7 when you got there! Good job mama! :) I am sorry that you are in pain. I completely understand you there, it is rough and your hormones are all over the place it is normal to cry :hugs: to you.

When we decided to switch to bottle feeding I said I still wanted to be the ONLY one to feed her. Well, the other night at like 2AM I was stuck on the toilet(sorryTMI) and I knew I'd be there a while since I was so scared to go since I have such a bad tear that my husband had to feed her. So, then there I was on the toilet crying because I couldn't feed her! Haha..such a mess!

janna-Congrats on your pink bundle :)

bexxc-I'm excited for you too! :) Pink or blue? Soon you will know!! :)

Oh, and I've been thinking: Would you ladies like me to start a thread for sharing baby stories (or like my embarrassing toilet story) lol. Let me know!

that would be awesome, ashley. i'd love to stay in contact with all of you ladies beyond delivery and that would be a fun way to keep in touch!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-groups/1396477-november-2012-babies.html

There is the link that I started for us to keep in touch.

thanks, ashley...hopefully i'll see you all there soon!

Have been awol for ages with a busy crazy week!

Congratulations Wishful on yout little man, he looks adorable, i empathise with your back labour!! My yellow bundle turned pink at 21.48 on 5th November, she is Sophia and she has melted my heart! She arrived after a 4 day back labour which had started the Friday before...i was only 3cm the whole time!! so no natural water birth for me, long story short everything medical had to be done in the end, epidural, opiates, induction and emergency c sec! but would do it all again in a moment for another little bundle! Recovery has been tough but getting there and my OH has been a gem!

Bexxc, are you next? can"t wait to see if yours is pink or blue!

charlie- congratulations on your little sophia! i'm sorry she had a bit of a rough entry, but it sounds like you couldn't be happier!

i sure hope i'm next! still 8 days on my edd countdown and i'm already a little worried that we'll be marching right past that little milestone. thinking we may be yellow for longer than expected!

Just want to share a photo of our little lady, Greta, born yesterday (38 weeks) at 7lbs 4oz!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7
Congrats Charlie!

Greta is beautiful!

Bexx... wondering if I'm going past due here as well... don't really WANT to be pregnant on Thanksgiving, but don't want to rush the little lady.

i feel the same way, bookity. i'm trying not to be selfish and impatient because i know i'm not in labor because sprout's just not quite ready yet.

Congrats Charlie,

She is beautiful Janna...
Cant wait to hear more stories....
Been a real learning experience for us, trying to BF two is harder than I thought especially since they are little and they get tired fast, so I have been supplementing about an ounce or so after each session and trying not to pump so feeding on demand and its time consuming, good thing my 3 year old loves disney and movies and I can get him into a puzzle or coloring while feeding.

Oh Ashley :hugs: No judging here.

I have been struggling with BF Morgan for the last 2 weeks. I have sat many nights crying and upset as we struggled to get a routine down. I used nipple shields, tried different consultants, and nothing helped. So we had no choice but to start supplementing with formula. I tried my best to pump so she could at least get some EBM. Sadly for me the end was today :cry: I pumped the last of what my breast could and got an ounce total. So today I packed up all my BF'ing supplies and put them away so that I was not reminded of what I couldn't do.

I know I am not a failure, I tried my ass off to do what I had planned and at least I gave it my best shot and I didn't quit until my body said no more. Im just sad that it ended so soon. Though it's taking me a bit to get used to the idea of FF, I know my LO will not go hungry now and the stress level that we both felt has been lifted and will allow us time to bond now.

:hugs: i'm sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted, momma. it really sounds like you tried absolutely everything you could. you're making the right choice for morgan and for yourself. :flower:

:hugs:Momma! I totally get it. I've tried BF all 3 babies and it just never worked out. I am sorry that it didn't work the way you wanted though...

janna-beautiful baby! :)

AMM-I bet everything is an experience for you with 2 rather than 1. I bet you are doing an amazing job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->