November 2012 Due Dates

The internet can be our best friend, and our i biggest worry.

So as some of you may recall last week I fell at work. The ER docs prescribed me vicodin and I never filled the script as I felt that was to strong of a narcotic to take in pregnancy. I had to see the company doctor to clear myself to go back to work and told her my concern for the drug but that I was also afraid that when I returned to work that I would be in pain again. She gave me a script for tylenol 3 with codine instead and said it was ok to take during pregnancy and would help me to sleep if I take it in the evening. Today was my first day back and oh boy once my shift was over I was hurting. This evening I took one (although it says I can take 1-2 every 4 hours) and I am feeling guilty and sleepy. I did some research online and that was a BIG mistake as some of the things I read are negative and said it can be harmful. Now I feel like im going to have an anxiety attack. I think tomorrow I will call my OB and clear it with her before taking anymore.

Has anyone else taken this while pregnant?

thanks for your wishes ladies... i was put on a strict diet and was told to keep updating the drs. i went 2 weeks without a BM so def really scary... im not out of the woods but hope it improves..

Momma Barry I'm afraid I really don't know much about it but I really wouldn't trust Google over the Dr, especially 2 drs. :hugs:

MommaBarry If you are really worried about the T3, then you could definitely take some extra strength or regular strength tylenol, if you think that will be enough to handle the pain. Otherwise, I really think that your doctor would not recommend something harmful, especially when you have expressed your reasons for concern so clearly.

wishfulmom2b - hope everything's still moving along down there, and you don't have to go back to the hospital!

amm1031! TWINS! how exciting!

MommaBarry - they moved my due date to November 9th as well!

rottpaw - I hope everything works out and hubby gets to go with you!

I had my first ultrasound Friday morning, and we got to see the LO (and hear the heartbeat!) My pictures aren't nearly as cool as skweek's - apparently the baby was not cooperating for the ultrasound (they used the words "shoved really far up your uterus", so all the pictures look like kidney bean-shaped blobs, lol. Still, it's the cutest blob I've ever seen ;) They also moved my date to November 9th - it was great to shoot forward past the 8 week mark!

MS has been nearly nonexistent, but I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. And HUNGRY! I woke up Saturday morning, rolled over, and yelled "PANCAKES!" at my poor hubby. So, I guess that counts as my first official food craving... and I don't even really like pancakes that much, normally! Anybody else having any weird food things yet?

Lol @ pancakes! I seem to have gone off beef. I'm wondering if it's because I've been taking iron tablets as I had low iron with my last pregnancy. Yesterday all I could eat were pringles and I'm not normally a crisp lover.

MommaBarry --- so well said! The Internet can truly be such a source of anxiety! I would tend to agree with Bookity and Fishy.....but absolutely call your OB if you have a question. That's what you're paying them for!

wishfulmom --- so glad you're home and had some....movement. :) That just sounds horrific.....hope this is the first and last time for you!

ashley -- congrats on 9 weeks!! Woohooo!!!

Stitchy -- that's hilarious....I wonder if "shoved really far up your uterus" is a technical term? ;) I've been craving anything with carbs and salt.....although now that you mention it, pancakes sound DELIGHTFUL right now!!! I may go home for lunch and make some...

As for me......sickness has been easing up somewhat, but the utter and complete exhaustion has set in. I became one with the couch this weekend and did absolutely nothing productive. Experienced moms out there -- when does the exhaustion leave and the glowing part start? I'm ready to start glowing. :)

Hello all, glad to hear everyone's doing well despite the constant fatigue! I feel you - had a 2 hour nap yesterday and it was divine.

"
I had my first ultrasound Friday morning, and we got to see the LO (and hear the heartbeat!) My pictures aren't nearly as cool as skweek's - apparently the baby was not cooperating for the ultrasound (they used the words "shoved really far up your uterus", so all the pictures look like kidney bean-shaped blobs, lol. Still, it's the cutest blob I've ever seen ;) They also moved my date to November 9th - it was great to shoot forward past the 8 week mark!

MS has been nearly nonexistent, but I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. And HUNGRY! I woke up Saturday morning, rolled over, and yelled "PANCAKES!" at my poor hubby. So, I guess that counts as my first official food craving... and I don't even really like pancakes that much, normally! Anybody else having any weird food things yet?

"Shoved really far up your uterus" - hilarious! Love the professional medical language ;)

I'm ready to start glowing. :)

:haha:This really made me giggle, me too!

Totally agree with both of you. My face exploded in some kind of eczema/rash this weekend, ugh. bring on the glow!

AFM, I'm 6 weeks today and still feeling pretty pregnant (haha). Totally exhausted these days, and the no-caffeine thing definitely isn't helping. I finally have my first appointment with my new family doc today. I'm not expecting her to schedule me for an ultrasound for a few weeks, but I'll have my fingers crossed she'll give me an early referral.

Happy Monday all! Hope you survive the day without :sleep: wherever you are!

Thanks Stitchy! It's looking like hubs won't get to go :cry: but I will just have to deal with it. Can't be helped. I'm just praying all is well! Scan at 2 tomorrow.

So glad you got to see your lo and everything looks good! These first scans are SO exciting and also so nerve wracking! Don't worry about the photos or not being able to see much. By your anatomy scan you will be seeing SO much it's amazing!

Half, you will start feeling better in 2nd tri, though I'm not gonna lie to you, mine was more like 16-18 weeks rather than 12 or 14 :dohh:! It can sometimes feel like a two steps forward, one step back kind of process. You might have abetter day then a worse one again. What counts is the trend. When you start having more better days, you will know you are turning the corner!

Mommabarry, I'm so sorry about the fall! I need to read back to understand what happened. Meanwhile, try not to stress. I'm sure bubs is fine!

Hope struck, I feel about like you're describing - totally whacked and (at least for me) nauseous, feeling VERY pregnant for six weeks :rofl:

Wishful, so glad things are getting better. I've started eating prunes and am hoping that will help. I need to drink more water but plain water aggravates my ms. :nope:

Fish, any kind of potato chip is my friend right now lol! Last time I was pregnant, during first tri about the only real food I could eat was plain chicken and white potatoes in various forms. It's looking like this pregnancy will be th same!

Okay girls, off to feed the little guy some lunch. Puréed baby foods (especially the meats) are NOT helping my nausea! :dohh:

Exhaustion can be pretty hard going, but i think as us busy ladies, we learn to manage well with it and keep going.

I just seem to never stop and i have to stick to routine, i know i need to slow down a little but i cant xx

Stitchycat - I just loved seeing that heartbeat!! It was just the most relieving moment I could have had! Did they put the colour on too to show the blood flow?
"shoved really far up your uterus" - love the 'professional' terminology!
Can you post your scan pic? Would love to see yours too.
As for food - I seem to have totally gone off food. Eating just makes my tummy really sore. Dont know why this is! Any ideas?

Hopestruck - fatigue! now we are talking. I'm coming up for 9 weeks and sure as hell is down there it has hit me square between the eyes!! All I want to do today is sleep.
I will third the 'I'm ready to start glowing'!!!!
Give me energy and take away the sore tummy!!
Just so glad I'm on school holidays for 2 weeks!

Oh my goodness, I'm glad to hear it's not just me feeling the exhaustion!!

Also, my daughter seems to have picked today to start with the terrible twos - wowee we've had some spectacular tantrums today!! Especially when she had to come off of the trampoline, or out of the car (she LOVES the car)!! Now I need to go tidy this house - it's a tip :S The work never ends!! I'm also glad we're on school holidays for two weeks :).

loob53 - slowing down for us is also easier said than done!! Erin is so accustomed to going out first thing in the morning to the childminder that she seems to think this should also be done in the holidays! This morning, she wanted her shoes on over her pjs, and took her coat to me saying 'car, car'!!

Mommabarry - I hope you're doing fine now, and I do agree with you being careful about the medication :) Thinking about you xx

Wishfulmom2b - glad to hear you're doing fine, and I hope you continue to get better. Best wishes :) xx

It's interesting reading about everyone's cravings!! I've not had any cravings this time around, but smells get to me like last time. I don't like vinegar anyway, but now I can smell it across a room full of people. Also, someone's strong perfume caught me out in the supermarket ... I had to move away from that aisle, sneezing away :S xx

Last night, at about 9:30, all I wanted and could think about was salt and vinegar chips and white cheddar popcorn. Finally, after me complaining, my DH went out to buy some. He came back with the right kind of chips but the WRONG popcorn. You should have seen how angry I was ;)

(Felt bad about that)

Last night, at about 9:30, all I wanted and could think about was salt and vinegar chips and white cheddar popcorn. Finally, after me complaining, my DH went out to buy some. He came back with the right kind of chips but the WRONG popcorn. You should have seen how angry I was ;)

(Felt bad about that)

LOL, I can imagine! I was craving Rainbow Chip icing, but sadly I did not get any... probably for the best because I would have eated an entire tub in one sitting!

Wow, white cheddar popcorn just sounded really amazing to me. Gotta get DD this bottle so I can go grab a burger and maybe pop into the store as well. Argh! At least I'm craving some food instead of being nauseated by everything!

ahh i ate so much smartfood popcorn yesterday and now today i cant even brush my teeth i am so nauseous! its crazy how one day i dont feel pregnant and the next i feel like crap!

My ms has wild swings like that too. One day I can eat a broader range of things, the next day it's carbs and salty foods ONLY. I'm trying to console myself by remembering that I was the same way with DS and he turned out perfectly lol!

(Felt bad about that)

LOL that's too funny!! I think it must be the hormones (that's what I'm telling myself anyway), because I get SO irate with DH sometimes now....I feel bad afterward, but in the moment my pregnant brain is cursing him for not being a mindreader. :haha:

Mmm......cheddar popcorn........mmm I think I just gained a pound just thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->