November 2012 Due Dates

Gwenylovey - so sorry to hear of your losses. Congrats on this lil bean. FXed its a sticky lil bean!!

Krippy - So sorry for you loss! That must be really difficult to deal with!!

BF - I will definitely give it a go. My best friend tried really hard to BF, but unfortunately was unsuccessful both times. She even tried expressing this time round. She had to resort to bottles when her LO kept loosing weight! He is thriving now on bottles.
Another friend persisted with expressing and was very successful - with both her DS's!!
So I will give it a go and see how I get on with BF. I am a little concerned as I have rather flat nipples.
Is there anything I can be doing now or closer to the time that will help bring my nipples out?

As for the mat leave - I too am a teacher in the UK and planning on working to the end of the first term before starting my mat leave. I'm then planning on returning to school in the last week of term 6. That way I still get full pay for the summer hols!

I plan on working the first term back, starting my maternity leave after the October holidays. I then plan to take up until the start of the following October holidays, having full pay over the holidays, then taking my accrued leave up until my baby is 1. My daughter goes to a pre-school childcare nursery, who don't take children until they are 1, so I don't want to be putting them to two different childminders while I work. Also, I think the nursery she goes to is fantastic, so have no plans to take her away from there :) x

mammytorein - how come you get accrured leave? Where about in the UK do you work? I'm in Kent and am not aware of accrued leave?

I live in the North Isles of Scotland. We accrue so many days for each school holiday. For example, last time I was on maternity leave I had accrued enough holidays to go back to work 3 days a week for 12 weeks, then had the rest of my accrued leave paid to me in a lump sum. I have heard that this time around, the holiday pay has changed. I can take up to 100 hours in holidays off school, and the rest of the accrued leave will be paid to me in small amounts at the end of each month (I have NO idea how this actually works!!)

Good morning ladies, is everyone having a nice bank holiday weekend? I am so happy to see lots of due dates of December on the first trimester now, it feels so much better knowing there are people due after us, time seems to be going so slow!
I am hoping to BF, i did with my first one but only for 4 weeks as I was so poorly and had to give up, I am hoping i wont be as ill this time and can breastfeed for longer.
I have an early private scan on Wednesday I am so nervous, but just want to see if all is ok.

I plan to breastfeed. I breastfed our son for 15 months. Yeah, there were days when I wanted to say 'sod it, let's get some formula', but I never gave in to my temptations, and I'm so pleased now. I used to express now and again, so that OH could give him a bottle. Our local health authority is quite pro-breastfeeding, so we (in theory - assuming they're not too busy) get quite a lot of postnatal support with feeding when we're recovering in hospital and then afterwards at home.

We still breastfeed but are trying to stop and have it down to one less than 10 minute feed a day! I'd take it out completely but I feel mean!

Hi ladies, I have question for you all. Have anyone's symptoms subsided some at around 9 weeks? I went in for an ultrasound at 8.5 weeks last Tuesday and all looked good. My feelings of nausea and sickness peaked that day and the following day. However, a few days later I started feeling better and having less nausea. Has anyone else experienced this? After two losses every little thing makes me so worried!

Gweny - its perfectly normal to have symptoms come and go. Some days I forget that I'm even pregnant and other days I feel like a washed out, lifeless rag!
I felt really sea-sick for almost a week at around the 6 weeks mark - but thankfully that has gone now!
Dont worry about it. But if you are really worried and have had bleeding and cramps then go see your midwife or GP to get checked out.

Gweny -- my symptoms disappeared last week too. I still get very occasionally queasy, and a few other minor symptoms, but that's it. Like Skweek said, I think it's quite normal for symptoms to come and go.

UK moms -- congrats on all the awesome mat leave. You guys definitely have the right idea!! :flower: I'm adding this to the list of reasons why DH and I should move to the UK. ;)

MommaB -- glad you mentioned insurance! I completely forgot about that and have now made a note to ask HR. I get a few weeks of the FMLA paid, but I don't know how they handle my portion of the insurance premiums. How exciting that you get to stay home and don't have to go back to work! Thanks for bringing up the BF topic -- I'm excited now too....still a little nervous, but I guess I still have several months to figure it all out lol.

Canada is the same with mat leave...full 1 year! ;)

Im due to go back to work end of this month yhen will be off again xx

I'm jealous. Just 6-8 weeks depending on how baby is delivered

Wow! A year would be great, but there is no way we could ever afford that. I did take a closer look at my company policy on friday and have realized that we have a very generous leave allowance. Obviously they have to give 12 weeks, but I get 100% short term disability for 6 weeks and I also get 60% pay for family leave during the remaining six weeks. I've never worked for a company with policies that were actually employee-friendly. Now I just have to hope that my clients will all be there when I return! Yikes!

Wow! A year would be great, but there is no way we could ever afford that. I did take a closer look at my company policy on friday and have realized that we have a very generous leave allowance. Obviously they have to give 12 weeks, but I get 100% short term disability for 6 weeks and I also get 60% pay for family leave during the remaining six weeks. I've never worked for a company with policies that were actually employee-friendly. Now I just have to hope that my clients will all be there when I return! Yikes!

I'm in sales so I have the same concern - I hope all my clients are here when I get back! I'll only get 6-8 weeks (6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section)!

9 weeks today :)

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/DSC_0423.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/DSC_0423-1.jpg

Oh my goodness, MommyH, your bump pictures are beautiful!! I'm so sure i'm starting to show now too! I'm very tall and skinny, so my new little pot belly is starting to show through my clothes! It's a really good idea to take photos each week :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->