November 2012 Due Dates

You look super cute Mel! I am thinking that I will show early too as I had a 10 pound baby only 6 months ago! Worrying about how I will keep it a secret...Are you keeping it on the dl or have people started to comment?

Thankfully I am still on maternity leave from having Leo therefore I dont have all that worry about people noticing, my family and close friends all know though. Im even bigger now I think, ill take another pic this afternoon I think lol

Wow Mellly, you are really showing!! I'm also a little over 9 weeks but only have bloat to show for it. It is my first though and I hear that you show earlier with each pregnancy.

I know, I didnt show untio about 16 weeks with Sophie, around 14 weeks with Leo and this one seems to want to show now - I hope its not twins :winkwink:

my scan today was breathtaking!!!! i'm measuring at 8 weeks and baby's heart rate was 166 bpm. it was the most beautiful sound i've ever heard!!! pics when i get home this evening!!!
:cloud9:

Woohooo!! Congrats :) Can't wait to see pics! Glad you got to see your little bean!

Great news Bexx! Must have been so reassuring and exciting to see your healthy bean with it's heart beating away! :)

Just got my first NHS appt thro for 30 April - I'll be 12 weeks and 1 day. That's all fine, BUT I am having the NT test and it takes up to 2 weeks to get the results from that. Which, for our own personal reasons, is another 2 weeks when we can't announce our pregnancy :dohh:.

So I think we're prob going to book a private scan, because (1) we can have that done at 11 weeks, and (2) the results come back in 48 hours.

I don't know about anybody else, but I just have this idea that I will feel soooo much better once we've officially announced. I'm fed up tiptoeing round questions from people such as "you seem to have been sick a lot lately" and having to cancel engagements and then making up excuses. How much nicer to be able to say "I'd love to come, but baby is making me really not want to go to a cafe right now"!

My latest food craze is Butterkist toffee popcorn. I just keep thinking of these foods that I haven't tried for years and years and then it's like "OMG, I need this right now". I've had Heinz tomato soup for lunch every day for the past five days I think. Evenings I'm actually managing to eat a little more normally, although I am still having my own personal meal, different from OH and LO. I've managed a pile of nachos with homemade salsa etc., Chinese take-away, and a couple of quite hot Indian curries made with sauce out of a jar, I'm embarrassed to admit. OMG I SOOO love cooking usually, that all of this processesd food just makes me blush when I think about what I'm eating.

Fish n Chips, sorry to hear the morning sickness has finally got you. You'd been doing well up to now, hadn't you?

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Just got my first NHS appt thro for 30 April - I'll be 12 weeks and 1 day. That's all fine, BUT I am having the NT test and it takes up to 2 weeks to get the results from that. Which, for our own personal reasons, is another 2 weeks when we can't announce our pregnancy :dohh:.

So I think we're prob going to book a private scan, because (1) we can have that done at 11 weeks, and (2) the results come back in 48 hours.

I don't know about anybody else, but I just have this idea that I will feel soooo much better once we've officially announced. I'm fed up tiptoeing round questions from people such as "you seem to have been sick a lot lately" and having to cancel engagements and then making up excuses. How much nicer to be able to say "I'd love to come, but baby is making me really not want to go to a cafe right now"!

My latest food craze is Butterkist toffee popcorn. I just keep thinking of these foods that I haven't tried for years and years and then it's like "OMG, I need this right now". I've had Heinz tomato soup for lunch every day for the past five days I think. Evenings I'm actually managing to eat a little more normally, although I am still having my own personal meal, different from OH and LO. I've managed a pile of nachos with homemade salsa etc., Chinese take-away, and a couple of quite hot Indian curries made with sauce out of a jar, I'm embarrassed to admit. OMG I SOOO love cooking usually, that all of this processesd food just makes me blush when I think about what I'm eating.

Fish n Chips, sorry to hear the morning sickness has finally got you. You'd been doing well up to now, hadn't you?

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

It is a relief to tell people. Our families knew at eight weeks and extended family found out this weekend at ten weeks. Still not letting everybody know however. Once past twelve weeks, I'm sure I'll be more comfortable.

I hear you on the processed food! For years, I have cooked all of my own food and we don't eat processed yuck! The last seven weeks however, we eat whatever is quickest and that includes mac and cheese out of a box. Ugh!

I had my second doc appt yesterday and while they didn't do much, we did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time! 170 bpm. DH wasn't with when I had the first ultrasound at six weeks, so he was very relieved to hear the hb and know that there is in fact a baby in there. I am also getting another ultrasound within the week to date the pregnancy. Yey! My doc also said that I'll get one at 16, 20 and 28 weeks due to "advanced maternal age." Call it what you want, but I'll will take my ultrasounds!!!

Feels like time is moving a bit faster the past couple of weeks. I am really looking forward to 2nd trimster and some of my symptoms easing. My doc is at 24 weeks (which is so cool) and she said that she had 100% relief from the sickness and bloating at 16 weeks. God help me if it takes another six weeks, but at least I know relief will come.

Hope everyone else is having a great week and enjoying their scans and other appointments!

here are our scan pics from yesterday- sorry about the size. i'm having trouble with the thumbnail option on photobucket.
https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/bexxc/img029.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/bexxc/img028.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/bexxc/img030.jpg

hello baby!! bexxc - there is a good brain growing there!! looking good!!

Beautiful Bexxc! Did you take the pic of the screen or do you have a scanner? :)

i have a scanner :)
if it really is a girl my dh will break down! he wants a girl so much.

Love the pics Bexx!! So cute!! If we get a girl I'll break down big time....we're anticipating a boy (I swear it seems like the men in DHs family only shoot Y-chromosome sperm lol), but I'm so, so, so hoping for a girl.

I too am hoping for a girl! between my SIL's and best friends its boys all round here at the mo! Need some pink to break up the blue!!

all the grandkids in our family are balanced out at 3 girls and 3 boys, so we'll tip the scale with either gender

all the grandkids in our family are balanced out at 3 girls and 3 boys, so we'll tip the scale with either gender

Same here bexxc! My in laws have 3 of each and so we will tip the scale too...one of hubby's sisters just had a boy in Jan and his other sister is due with a boy in May and I think we are having a boy but it will be exciting to find out and have them all so close in age :)

As for my parents my mom has one of each for grandchildren so we will tip the scale there too and my dad has 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter so my daughter may end up being the only little girl on that side if this one is a boy!

As for my parents my mom has one of each for grandchildren so we will tip the scale there too and my dad has 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter so my daughter may end up being the only little girl on that side if this one is a boy!

my parents don't have any grandkids yet. they can hardly contain themselves. they don't care what the gender is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->