November 2012 Due Dates

Wow some of those names had to be horribly embarrassing growing up! Our last name is Hinch Berger...all one word but my auto correct makes it a pain to type...anyhow hubby and his sisters got made fun of a lot...hamburger being the main choice...poor dd is already getting made fun of at school for it and I don't even put it on my business cards because it's too long and weird lol. We have already chosen both our boy and girl name....Ela Renee H or Ean James H :)

:haha: poor kids.
I love the name Isabel, but since it is so popular I won't do it. We are kinda stumped on girl names, but we have a boy name picked out.

We like Raif or Hael for a boy and Hazel or Zahra for a girl! I guess we will just have to wait and see! :) RJ was supposed to Raif but when we found out that he had passed we named him after my father who passed away in May 2010.

I kept reading those names and thinking "what's so funny about that?" Then I realised you had to say them in a US accent to get the joke :dohh: Seriously, if you say most of them with a UK accent, they don't sound in the slightest bit funny.

We don't mind girl or boy, and we won't be finding out til baby is born. We were the same first time round - although I was absolutely CONVINCED (correctly) that baby was going to be a boy. I was so certain that I barely even bothered thinking about girls' names.

We did have a name we really liked for a girl this time around, but then we saw somebody on the UK X-Factor with the same name, which immediately turned us off it - let's face it, if she's on X-Factor, half the girls in Britain will be named it next year. We've now got another girl's name, but OH is a bit cautious that it sounds "too Agatha Christie"! I came up with a boy's name the other day and OH totally agreed. I need to check it on the popularity ratings to make sure it's not going to be really common.

All this talk of baby names had me sniggering to say the least!

I have asked DF his opinion on some names but he keeps saying its too early to be thinking of names already. We will defo be finding out what we are having so think we will decide on a name after finding out.

Saying that I have always liked the name Freya - till a colleague named her daughter Freya recently. So been thinking about girls names again and really like Zara or Beatrice - both very different. Dont know what DF thinks but will cross that bridge when we get to about 20 weeks.
Still loads of time to decide.

Hi everyone! Was hoping I could join? We had our '12' week scan today but was actually only 10 weeks so am due on the 8th November :)

How is everyone? :)

Attachments

• Photo0052.jpg
    Photo0052.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 12
Welcome Charlie and little baby!! I'm due Nov 7th!
Congrats on #3! Looks like you will really have your hands full with #3! 3 in just over 2 years! Hat off to you hun!

What a Beautiful scan, Charlie :)

I am feeling very pregnant today. I was stuck in traffic for 30 minutes and found myself crying over it! What the heck? And I'm so worked up about it that if a co-worker so much as mentions it to me I start getting teary eyed again... guess I won't be keeping this pregnancy a secret much longer.

Lovely scan, Charlie! I'm due the 8th as well :) Welcome!

Skweek -- I love the name Freya! Bummer someone took it already!

Mrs -- I found myself crying at the end of "The Cutting Edge" last night.....yes, that cheesy 1990s movie about the ice skaters...that one. I was close to bawling....DH came in, looked at me, and went to bed. lol

AFM....finally here's a pic of the scan from last week. Why do they make us wait 4 weeks between scans?!? Don't they knew pregnant women are crazy?! I know worrying won't change the outcome, and I know I should be more confident after hearing the HB, but I still worry that something will go wrong/has already gone wrong. Can't wait for the next scan in three weeks. Anyone else as crazy as I am?

Attachments

• Baby_Lyon_April_2b.jpg
    Baby_Lyon_April_2b.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9
On a very superficial level i would prefer a boy and the OH a girl, but truly as long as they're healthy it really doesn't matter! as for names we have LOADS of lovely girls names and maybe one or two boys names that we like! I think boys names are much harder! The two that we like are pretty traditional and popular but I'm not really bothered if they are popular, but X factor would definitely turn me off any name!!

:hi: charlie! welcome and great scan pic!

halfthyme--love the pic. i'm sorry you're feeling worried :hugs: it's hard not to. i felt great and totally confident about everything for a day after our scan and then i was right back to worrying! :wacko:

Ugh, I'm worried probably every other moment of the day. I wish I was as lucky as you ladies to have already had a scan and have seen the heartbeat! I am *counting down the days* until my scan on the 24th (12 days!). My first pregnancy went all the way till 12 weeks before the first scan, when all we saw was an empty sac. Needless to say, I'm terrified about that happening again. The only thing that has gotten me through this is knowing that worrying about it won't change a thing. Even though I know this is true, I still worry. It's hard to bring make that attitude a reality sometimes when you know how miraculous growing a baby is. I frequently think it's truly amazing that we are all here, alive, and generally healthy, considering all of the things that could go wrong. I guess you just have to have faith in the process!

HalfThyme - glad I'm not the only one :) And that is a beautiful scan!! It's natural for us to worry... Being a mom doesn't start at birth, it starts WAY before that, and it's a mother's right to worry about their child :)

So, I have an appt today. A lot of you ladies have already had scans and I'll get to hear the heartbeat through a doppler today and I am so excited! Then, another 4 weeks or so I'll get to finally see our little baby! :)
Hope everyone has a great day!

Love the pics Bexx!! So cute!! If we get a girl I'll break down big time....we're anticipating a boy (I swear it seems like the men in DHs family only shoot Y-chromosome sperm lol), but I'm so, so, so hoping for a girl.

Lol! My dh's family are the same. All boys! My mil has made many 'jokes' that this one had better be a girl!

Colsey thanks, I was free from ms until 6 weeks I think and it's just gotten gradually worse. X

Love the pics Bexx!! So cute!! If we get a girl I'll break down big time....we're anticipating a boy (I swear it seems like the men in DHs family only shoot Y-chromosome sperm lol), but I'm so, so, so hoping for a girl.

Lol! My dh's family are the same. All boys! My mil has made many 'jokes' that this one had better be a girl!

Colsey thanks, I was free from ms until 6 weeks I think and it's just gotten gradually worse. X

My MIL has made the same "jokes". This is the first grandbaby for my in-laws. My mom has 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter, so I know she's hoping for a girl as well. I'm indifferent. I just want a healthy baby... the gender does not matter to me at all :)

Charlie, welcome - beautiful scan! I'm due on November 9th :)

Halfthyme - you are DEFINITELY not alone. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and I live in constant fear of something going wrong and me not knowing it. I'm just trying to stay positive and take it all one day at a time.

Ashley, good luck at your appointment today!!

AFM, I have my 10 week appointment tomorrow with my midwife! Eeeekkkk! So excited/nervous! For those of you in the US did the midwife use a doppler at 10 weeks? I'm really hoping that she does

Thanks everyone :)

We're not really hoping for any particular gender but it would be nice to have a girl. I personally after seeing the scan now think boy but all the family think girl! As long as it's healthy I'm really not bothered :)

From the date of my last period im due to scrape into November by the skin of my uterus haha 30th Nov for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->