November 2012 Due Dates

happy 12 weeks, mommyh! i can't wait til i'm there on sunday!!!!

Just got caught up! I had company over the weekend and it's been crazy!

Bookity -- Grrrrrrr!!! my pregnancy hormones surged angrily when I read your post! I can't believe your doctor! I hope you are able to call today and get an Rx! (if you don't, do you want me to call for you? lol I will be a force to be reckoned with!) MommyH said it best -- it boggles my mind why doctors would let you suffer when there are treatments out there that help and don't cause any harm to the baby.

Regarding the bra shopping.......I think I need some new ones as well, but I'm afraid to get measured now, buy something, and then grow out of it in 4 months if my knockers get bigger (is that possible!?). When did you guys get new bras during your last pregnancy, or did you just buy new ones every month? Also, are there any particular brands you like?

Good luck to all those having scans this week......can't wait to see pics! I still need to upload mine from last week. Hard to believe we're nearing the much anticipated second trimester! Where did the time go?

I always thought the old wives tale was that if you are having the same sex your child would cling to you because they already feel the need for attention but if it is the opposite sex they wouldn't care much and not be so clingy :shrug: Your way excites me though as our daughter has been INSANELY clingy and she's never like that lol

LOL! I like your way better, too!! Not that I'm opposed to a boy, but every now and then I think it'd be really nice to have a girl since my neice is the only one in the family so far (we have lots of little boys running around our family). My neice was right about another friend of ours. Before she even knew she was pregnant she attached herself to our friend and 9 months later our friend had a little boy! I guess time will tell :)

Hi ladies, Just wanted to update on my scan last Friday. I hate to bring bad news to this positive board, but unfortunately, the news was not so good for me :( Baby was measuring perfectly and we saw s/he bouncing around on the screen. But the ultrasound tech left the room and came back with an OB who said that the nuchal translucency was significantly above average which could indicate a chromosomal abnormality or some other defect, like a heart problem. It could also mean nothing, but the odds are stacked against us at this point.

Needless to say, it was a tough weekend with DH and I going through a lot of emotions. I'm having a CVS done on Wednesday morning, which will provide some preliminary answers. Just trying to get through the next through days, it's going to be so hard!

gweny- i'm so sorry you and dh have to go through something so scary:hugs: sending lots of happy, positive thoughts to you and lots of prayers as well. i know it's just about impossible, but try to keep yourself busy so the wait doesn't seem so long. thinking of you. :flower:

Hi ladies, Just wanted to update on my scan last Friday. I hate to bring bad news to this positive board, but unfortunately, the news was not so good for me :( Baby was measuring perfectly and we saw s/he bouncing around on the screen. But the ultrasound tech left the room and came back with an OB who said that the nuchal translucency was significantly above average which could indicate a chromosomal abnormality or some other defect, like a heart problem. It could also mean nothing, but the odds are stacked against us at this point.

Needless to say, it was a tough weekend with DH and I going through a lot of emotions. I'm having a CVS done on Wednesday morning, which will provide some preliminary answers. Just trying to get through the next through days, it's going to be so hard!

I really don't know what to say, I'm so sorry you are going through this but please remember that test has HUGE number of false positive results very very often! I'm sending lots of :hugs: and prayers your way!!!

I just spent the last hour bawling my eyes out on the nursery floor...I made the mistake of pulling out all our daughters scrapbooks and baby books and pictures and going through them...I cannot believe she is SEVEN and those pictures became such faded memories until I saw them again...I miss my baby girl and I may want a boy right now but I can definitely see another perfect sweet daughter as she has been should we be blessed with another girl! I'm soooo excited to have a baby, my baby, in my arms again!! I also found all of her ultrasounds and I can't wait to compare our two kiddos looks before he or she gets here :) I forgot how clear her gender ultrasound was, and now I have something to go off of to compare tomorrows scan to as well from her 12 week scan :wohoo:

Gweny - lots of positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. Hopefully evertyhing is just fine. Keep us updated on your CVS results. :hugs:

Ladies - I just got an email from What to Expect that sevenslings.com is giving away free slings/carriers for mother's day. Just enter the code "WTE" at check out... all you have to cover are the shipping charges. Just thought you would all like to know!

Oh I have everything crossed that your little bubba is perfectly healthy! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday :hugs:

I called the OB's office today and the nurse called me back (three hours later) and said that one of the obs (not the one I saw on Tuesday) is phoning in a prescription for zofran for me. Hopefully it is ready to be picked up ASAP (I believe I'll get a phone call). I'm so ready to feel better! Puked 3 times today and don't feel like going for a 4th.

I thought it would be more difficult for me to get the Rx given how my appointment went on Tuesday, but I just called and left a message asking if I could get some help. When the nurse called back she just asked if I was nauseous and if I was vomitting and said "OK, where do you want us to send the prescription?" Hallelujah, some help! :)

That is awesome, Bookity! Glad to know you were able to get the RX and hopefully some much needed relief!

I wouldn't count on them calling you, my momspharmacy doesn't do that...just call whichever pharmacy you told her to send it to and ask them if your prescription is ready ;)

12 Weeks :)

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/DSC_0536.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/BellyPics1.jpg

My hubby went out to get it for me and I did get a call. I believe it's automated and sends a message when the pharmacist checks the prescription.

Bookity, I am so glad that you are getting some help. I hope that it helps you. I can't say it helps me all that much, but perhaps it will help you!
Gweny, I am so sorry about the bad NT results. I really hope it is just a fluke and your baby is healthy in there. Many :hugs: and many prayers.

At our US the other day, the technician guessed it was a boy... Even pointed out the evidence ;) So we're betting it's a boy now. At first I was disappointed, always wanted a little girl. But the more I think about it, I'll be happy with a boy or girl, of course health is a priority. Plus, little boys clothes are so stinking cute!

Either way it's still a blessing, but I had you pegged for a baby girl since you first heard the heartbeat - it's always been really high hasn't it? I'm so excited to find out what everyone is having :)

I have been back and forth on what I think baby will be... my face has been breaking out still (booo....), so that makes me think girl, but my 1yo neice who is very independent and hates to be held has been very clingy with me and always wants me to hold her, so that makes me think boy (the old wives tale is that if little girls cling to you the baby is a boy, and vice versa for a girl). We'll have another scan for our NT test in 2-3 weeks and the actual gender scan in 2 months. Hopefully the tech will have guesses for us in a few weeks.

That's what I thought! I REALLY thought girl, and to be honest, was a bit disappointed at first. Since then, I'm trying to find reasons to be happy for a boy, and Im getting excited about it! (watch it really be a girl...)

If only I could GUARANTEE my second was a girl...

lovely bump, mommyh! i'm a bit jealous! i'm all bloat and squish! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->