November 2012 Due Dates

Gweny, massive :hugs: I hope your CVS goes well for you xx

Nuhal came back as low risk today
and 14 weeks / second tri today!!!!!!!!

was told sex at NT scan today. .well she was pretty certain.. just made a post go check it out!

Were did you make a post? I can't wait to hear what it is :flower:

Happy second Tri Melly :flower:

MommyH that is so darling, the baby was saying Hi momma im busy in hear getting all big for you! :flower:

Gweny, I can't imagine what you and your dh have been going through these last few days. I hope beyond hope that the other tests show that there is nothing to worry about. I will be thinking of you. xxx

Bookity that's great news about the help! It seems like pretty much mission impossible to get medication so well done you! xxx

I am actually one of those annoying pregnant women that doenst suffer morning sickness or anything so yeah I guess I am hehe

Gweny I'm thinking of you today and praying for you all :hugs:

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers ladies! Today has been quite a day. DH and I had a consultation with the genetic counselor at 7:15 am and she was very helpful and answered all of our questions. Then we went in for the CVS at 8 am. Luckily, the DR. is very reputable and teaches others in the hospital how to perform the CVS so I was feeling more comforted by that. The procedure was not physically painful, but was definitely emotionally stressful.

Interestingly, I requested that the nurse remeasure the nuchal translucency and the two readings she got were 2.3 and 2.9, which now fall in the high end of the normal range and are significantly lower than the 5.1 reading I got on Friday. I don't really understand it, and was happy with that news although I know it doesn't mean that all is ok. It's just crazy because if I were to get screened today instead of Friday I may not have opted to do the CVS at all! Anyways, I'm glad that I did and know that it will give me a piece of mind. The nurse also scanned the anatomy and found the nasal bone so she was pleased with that. Still feeling very worried and scared, but I have a little glimmer of hope that was not there yesterday. I get the results back by Friday and am so nervous!

Again, thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Your support means so much during this difficult time. xoxo

Oh Gweny, what a relief! Good for you for having the presence of mind to have them measure again! I know you're not out of the woods yet, but it sounds like things are definitely improved! Hope you get some good news on Friday! :hugs:

That is fantastic news and I will definitely continue to pray!!! Did the combine the first test with bloodwork? Our tech told us yesterday the measurements meant nothing without the combined blood work when I told him I was relieved our measurement was 1.8

gweny! so glad you got some hopeful news. i'll be thinking about you and hoping friday brings the best news of all!

Gweny that sounds so much more hopeful than yesterday. You must be exhausted emotionally and I hope you will soon be able to relax. X

That is fantastic news and I will definitely continue to pray!!! Did the combine the first test with bloodwork? Our tech told us yesterday the measurements meant nothing without the combined blood work when I told him I was relieved our measurement was 1.8

MommyH, they did combine the result with the blood work. I came back as low risk for the other trisomys but high for Downs Syndrome with a risk of 1:11, so definitely not great odds. However, the genetic counselor said that given the thickness of the nuchal translucency on Friday that she expected higher odds of Downs which might indicate that the blood wasn't so bad and that most of the risk came from just the NT alone. My midwife warned me that regardless of the results from the blood test my odds would be high just because of the NT.

I understand, I'm praying for you ;) I hope you get some good news and reassurance soon and lots of rest :hugs:

Gweny, I am glad that you got some better news. I hope that the CVS results conclude that all is ok and your baby is healthy. Many :hugs:

such good news!
and i am late but they predicted boy for me.. i thought it was too early?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->