November 2012 Due Dates

Hi ladies, well I received some good news! The FISH results came back negative for Down's, Trisomy 13 and 18 and Turner's! We are by no means out of the woods yet, but this is a huge hurdle to clear. We still don't know why bub had that thickened NT although it did seem to resolve, so I think the plans is to have pretty detailed ultrasounds to look at organs and skeletal structure. For now, I am feeling very relieved :) THANK YOU for all the thoughts, prayers and support!! I feel that all the positive thoughts and prayers have played a role in this outcome so I am so grateful for that! xoxo

I am SO SO SO happy for you Gweny! Believe it or not, you and your fam have been in my thoughts and prayers! One small hurdle at a time!!!

Wonderful news Gweny! I am so pleased that things are looking so much better! :yipee:

Silly question -- Anyone know what the rules are for laying out on a beach while pregnant? I'm spending next week on vacation in Hawaii with DH and want to just lay on the beach all day. I don't mind getting sunburned/being hot/sweating, but I don't want to fry the baby by overheating either....is there a rule of thumb or a way to check if I'm getting too overheated?

I actually lived in Hawaii when I was pregnant with my daughter :) I reccomend wearing sunscreen always as I'm a skin professional and because your skin can be a little more sensitive during pregnancy... With that said, I LIVED in my bikini in the sun my whole pregnancy ;) Take advantage of the vitamin d and enjoy yourself! Use your instincts and common sense and you'll be totally fine :) jump in the ocean or pool every hour or two to cool off and stay extra hydrated, you definitely don't want heat exhaustion, but you'll see that the Hawaii sun isn't like the Arizona sun and its much more humid than dry heat and you'll be fine! I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Colsy & MommyH -- thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!! I bought a beach shelter this week to take with us -- it's kind of like a half umbrella and half tent structure that I think will make a big difference in exposure. I love being in the water and I was hoping that would help alleviate/prevent any overheating as well, so good it's nice to hear you had success with that, MommyH! I've been to Hawaii many times and I was hoping I'd be okay as long as I was extra, extra careful, but it seems like all assumptions go out the window with pregnancy and I'm not sure how my body will react to that much sun...especially after 3 winters in Idaho! Well.....I'm going to go hunt down some more sunblock! :thumbup: Thanks again ladies! :flower:

PS: MommyH, do you miss living on the islands? DH has never been, so I'm hoping to convince him next week that we need to move there when he's done with school.

nt was a smidge on the high side- 2.4. i'm a bit worried, but of course i have to wait until next week for the blood test results before they can really determine anything. i hate worrying.

Bexxc, I'm sure everything will be fine.

My scan date letter finally came this morning, it's the 23rd May, 2 days after my birthday. I'll be just over 13 weeks. Yay!

Hi ladies, well I received some good news! The FISH results came back negative for Down's, Trisomy 13 and 18 and Turner's! We are by no means out of the woods yet, but this is a huge hurdle to clear. We still don't know why bub had that thickened NT although it did seem to resolve, so I think the plans is to have pretty detailed ultrasounds to look at organs and skeletal structure. For now, I am feeling very relieved :) THANK YOU for all the thoughts, prayers and support!! I feel that all the positive thoughts and prayers have played a role in this outcome so I am so grateful for that! xoxo

That's brilliant news!! So So happy for you!!! :) :)

nt was a smidge on the high side- 2.4. i'm a bit worried, but of course i have to wait until next week for the blood test results before they can really determine anything. i hate worrying.

Our baby's was 2.1mm (our boys were like 1.3mm at the most so this was a big jump) and I asked her if it was normal... she said if they were to take that measurement by itself it's normal. They only start to 'worry' if it gets to about 3 mm or above but they can't determine anything without the blood results. So 2.4mm is still normal :)

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone is well and starting to feel a bit better!!
Well according to my scan dates I am now 14 weeks today! :wohoo: 2nd tri here I am!!

Gwenny - so glad you are almost out of the woods! Good that the 2nd lot of tests came back more positive.

Our baby's was 2.1mm (our boys were like 1.3mm at the most so this was a big jump) and I asked her if it was normal... she said if they were to take that measurement by itself it's normal. They only start to 'worry' if it gets to about 3 mm or above but they can't determine anything without the blood results. So 2.4mm is still normal :)

thanks. i know it's still within the normal range, i can't help but worry a bit though. it's going to be at least a week before my blood test results are in. hopefully i'll feel a little more secure then.

Bexx....hope you get good news next week. Sorry you have to wait/worry! It's so hard not to, though! Thinking of you!! :hugs:

So I'm 13 weeks and 1 day with my first. I felt a little flutter on my left side today. It wasn't gas and it wasn't anything I've felt before. I'm slightly overweight but not obese. Is it possible that was my baby or is it still to early given my size and that it's my first!?!???!

gwenny so happy for you.

becxx I will be praying for you, I am sure everything will be fine.

Had NT scan Tues, all was normal. Got blood tests Friday, all was normal again!

Told DH family yesterday, it was a giant cry fest! SIL is due in Aug with 3rd, so really happy we will only be 3 mos apart.

Told mom today, tears flowed again. Telling dad and younger bro tomorrow. If only my older bro would call back, I'd be nearly done with immediate fam and on to friends!

does anyone else just love mustard right now?
(sorry if this turns anyone green)
this morning i ate a scrambled egg and mustard sandwich.
yesterday when i wanted a snack, i had a colby-jack cheese stick dipped in mustard.
i want to put mustard on everything. seriously. everything. as i was writing this, i started wanting steak with a side of mustard.

thanks. i know it's still within the normal range, i can't help but worry a bit though. it's going to be at least a week before my blood test results are in. hopefully i'll feel a little more secure then.

I was also super worried as my baby's NT number was 2.2... However blood results came back and all was good! I'm sure yours will be as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->