November 2012 Due Dates

Gweny, that's sounding so much more hopeful. Wishing you all the best for a great result tomorrow.

Ah Gweny - that sounds so very much better. I'm sure everything is going to be fine. It's nice that you'll get the reassurance tomorrow. How stressful.

I opted out of the first tri screening for this very reason. The statistics regarding the results for women over 35 were terrible in terms of accuracy. I know myself and I cannot have that kind of stress for another six months. After this test, my sister-in-law refused an amnio because of the risks and the genetic counselor told them that their twins were both downs. Neither baby has downs syndrome and they are about to celebrate their first birthday and are completely healthy! On the other hand, my best friend had all of these tests and went to a genetic counselor who told her everything was perfect. Her second son was born with downs syndrome. While the tests are providing a rating, I can't see trusting an ultrasound that can't even predict the sex 100% of the time. The tests point to risk and not truth.

OK, off my soap box! Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow Gweny and I hope you get the peace of mind you need to be stress free for your little one!

Gweny, best of luck tomorrow wilth the results. I'll be thinking of you.

I want to get the tests done but my hubby doesn't, so I said I'll leave it. My brother in law has downs and I have to say he is the most kind, considerate person ever. He's very good and even got a place in college, there's a program to help teach a select few things so they can go out and work. He was one of the lucky ones to get a place on the course.

Best of luck 

Oh man work kicked my butt today! Picture standing on your feet on concrete with your arms in the air for 12 hours and non stop talking...that's my job lol! I love being a stylist but the repetitive blow drying and highlighting and cutting and non stop therapist talking wears on you at 12 weeks pregnant lol I can't imagine how I will be at 36 weeks since I plan on working up until I pop!! I think once I hit 30 weeks I will cut back to just a couple days a week....how about you all? How is work going? How long are you planning on working? What do you do for work?

teaching second graders can definitely be brutal at times. walking walking walking around all day and trying to be patient with all the little quirks that 7 and 8 year olds bring to the classroom every day! i love them, but sometimes i just want to put my head down on my desk and nap! :sleep:

:dohh: somehow managed to unsubscribe from this group.

Hello again ladies :hi: hope you and your bumps are all well

I think once I hit 30 weeks I will cut back to just a couple days a week....how about you all? How is work going? How long are you planning on working? What do you do for work?

My OH and I are both self-employed, so if we don't work, we don't get any money. We roughly each work half-time, so while one of us works the other one looks after our son. It generally works really well most of the time. It's been a godsend during my morning sickness, because I've worked lots and OH has done all the childcare -- to those of you who don't have a child yet, trust me ... it's MUCH easier working than raising a child!

We will both probably work as close to due date as is sensible, and then the plan is for us both to take three months off. We're lucky we can do this, but it does mean we have to budget carefully, because obviously we'll need to save in advance to cover those three months.

I work entirely from home, so I'll be able to breastfeed even if I go back to work at three or four months.

I'm a freelance book and publications editor. Best job in the world :thumbup:

oh my gosh! how could i forget??? thinking of you today gweny!!!!! :hugs: lots of prayers and happy thoughts coming your way!!!! :flower:

Hi ladies, well I received some good news! The FISH results came back negative for Down's, Trisomy 13 and 18 and Turner's! We are by no means out of the woods yet, but this is a huge hurdle to clear. We still don't know why bub had that thickened NT although it did seem to resolve, so I think the plans is to have pretty detailed ultrasounds to look at organs and skeletal structure. For now, I am feeling very relieved :) THANK YOU for all the thoughts, prayers and support!! I feel that all the positive thoughts and prayers have played a role in this outcome so I am so grateful for that! xoxo

Gweny, that's brilliant news. :happydance: So pleased for you. Hope the rest of your pg goes smoothly.

Silly question -- Anyone know what the rules are for laying out on a beach while pregnant? I'm spending next week on vacation in Hawaii with DH and want to just lay on the beach all day. I don't mind getting sunburned/being hot/sweating, but I don't want to fry the baby by overheating either....is there a rule of thumb or a way to check if I'm getting too overheated?

Silly question -- Anyone know what the rules are for laying out on a beach while pregnant? I'm spending next week on vacation in Hawaii with DH and want to just lay on the beach all day. I don't mind getting sunburned/being hot/sweating, but I don't want to fry the baby by overheating either....is there a rule of thumb or a way to check if I'm getting too overheated?

There's no rule of thumb. But overheating is not good for the baby (for the same reason, we're not supposed to have saunas, hot baths, etc.). In addition, your pg hormones mean you're more susceptible to the bad effects of UV rays, increasing your risk of melanoma. Plus, too much sun during pg can lead to a common condition called chlpasma, in which your skin turns a funny colour in certain patches - and those patches remain for some time (including after birth).

I'm not saying don't enjoy yourself - but rather, take far more precautions than you usually would during the sun.

gweny!!!!! i am so very happy for your positive news! :hugs: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"