• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2013 Babies!

Thanks, ladies. You're right, they'll probably make sure I don't feel a thing before they start cutting and tugging away lol. Of course. Stupid fear! I swear, your mind can think of the craziest things.

Whittnie I realized that trauma can happen either way, vaginal birth or csection. And you can have great outcome with either as well. So...I'm gonna think positive about this. I've read other ladies stories, exposing myself to all kinds just so that I'm aware of the possibilities. I don't like being in the unknown, ya know? All I can hope for is a healthy baby and quick recovery. I recommend that you start researching about c section now since it is a possibility with your situation. This is so nothing is a surprise to you. However, I do hope, really hope you CAN birth him vaginally. Whatever the Dr decides is best, is most likely the best intervention. Like you said, in the end, it's having baby in your arms is all that matters, no matter which way they come out from.

Whit: Yeah its a different machine, and this one is an HE machine, but the detergent is good for HE machines too, so I dunno what happened. It could just be because this one is a FL and not a TL like our old one?? :shrug:
Oh well, the ALL that is working for now is actually cheaper so I am not too worried.

I just realized I don't have a support belt for after delivery yet. I was thinking maybe it would be fine until a day or so after delivery but now since so many might be getting sections made me realize that you should prepare for anything. I know if you do get a section that having one in the hospital helps, so I think I will see if I can find one I like and get it this week just in case. Although DH thinks I am being ridiculous with all the things I want to pack. lol he just doesn't get it, he keeps saying lets wait and see and if you need it we can get it. And I keep saying well what if I go into labor and your not around and I have to have my neighbor take me to the hospital? I think he is being optimistic.

Like when we were shopping the other day I wanted to look at a pair or slip on boots or something that would be easy for me to get on for going to the hospital and such. I figure it will get use no matter what, and he says well I can put your shoes on for you so we don't need them. And I said well what if someone else takes me to the hospital? I don't want to have to ask my 80yr neighbor to put my shoes on for me. :haha:

Hey ladies! Hope everything is going well.

Giving birth any way is scary, but you all will do great! I think the scariest thing out of everything is trying to make sure denver gets everything he needs and I'm not missing anything. Labor seems so long ago! Probably because my days run into each other now. I can't believe my LO is 9 days old!

You guys are rockstars and will do awesome at birthing those babies!!

Nariah - you must live in a colder climate talking about slip on boots. I live in southern California and it's still warm for being winter. Today is 90 deg, warmest day out of the week. Your OH...men do not realize that some things are pretty necessary during and after pregnancy. But it's all a learning experience for both parties. Even with us, we're still learning this whole parenthood thing.

So...Americans (and Canadians too i think), you ready for turkey day? I'll be at home recovering. But will send OH to get turkey dinner from a restaurant. That's the most we can do lol. I miss my own family and the gatherings during the holidays. We love cooking out and having people over. But too bad, I'm so far from them. And OH's family do not really celebrate anything besides new years. His parents cook traditional Russian meals. But it's just me and OH that goes over. His sister has a fallout with their parents so....the feeling of familial gathering, the huge love and laughter isn't there. Ugh...think my hormones are messing with me. I'm missing my large family.

Nariah- Men can be funny about things. They just don't 'get it'. Thankfully my OH just takes my word for it. Though he has questioned me a few times on what should go into the hospital bag, lol. Apparently he has been doing a little research on his own. I find it cute. I saw a page open that said something about how to support your wife during labor. Adorable. I haven't even thought about a support belt for after pregnancy! I got one for pregnancy, but it made my ligaments hurt so so bad right after I put it on I yelled for OH to take it off. I dare not try it again. It was one of the worst things I did to myself this pregnancy, lol.

Alchemist- I think Canadian Turkey day is in October. My mom said she wants to do Thanksgiving and Christmas at her house and wants to invite the family to come. She is so flippy floppy though, I don't know if I want to invite the in-laws to go just in case she flakes out a few days before and screws us. It isn't her intention, it's her illnesses. I just don't know what to do. I hope she can get it together this year. My MIL would be totally up to help her cook too. She's a great cook.
:hugs: I understand missing family. I miss that my family hasn't gotten together in a lot of years due to a fall out. We are divided and it's not nice at all.

Afm- I am having a lot of braxton hicks. They come every 15-20 minutes and have been for days. They make my back hurt a bit sometimes, but other than that it's just tightenings. That is, until I woke up from my nap today. They are still coming every 15-20 minutes, but it comes with a crampy feeling down below. So hopefully something is going on. I don't think labor is imminent though. I still think I have at least a few days-week to go. Other than that, nothing special going on in that department. I am anxious about my appointment tomorrow. i just want more information so I can make the best decision for my little boy. That way at least I will know what to expect.

hey ladies, so today I have literally only been awake for probably 5 hours. I have been asleep pretty much the whole day, it kind of sucks. I have no idea why I am so tired all of the sudden, its like I can't keep my eyes open. Had another appointment today, and got my first does of the monitor that they hook you up to keep an eye on baby. He hadn't moved much so they wanted to check up on him. Sure enough as soon as they hook me up he moves the whole time. :haha:

Nariah- I have days like that where I am so tired and sleep a lot. They have only been happening the last week or so. I think it's because we are getting close and our bodies are resting up for it. Lord knows we won't get any rest after the babies are born.

That monitoring is the NSTs I keep talking about. Non stress tests. I hate the goop they put on you. It is so gross and totally freaks me out. You'd think it wouldn't bother me at all as it is just aloe and water, but nope totally gross, haha.

I hope I don't make it to my next NST which is on Friday. I have been having BH a lot and a lot of cramping, but really no feeling that I'l go into labor soon or anything. I did have a ton of diarrhea today (TMI sorry), I was hoping I was clearing out, but no such luck. It cleared up over the evening. Annoying what our bodies do to us.

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow in the late afternoon to discuss the possibility of the c-section or if she will allow me to try a vaginal birth. Fingers crossed for me on that. She will also check me, I hope I've dilated a bit. I'd love for her to be like, "Oh, your 4 cm!" Haha wishful thinking rofl...I wish though. I'll update after the appointment.

Wow super quiet in this forum today! Hope all is going well with the rest of you ladies.

Well great news I got my bassinet today, as well as all my newborn and small prefolds in the mail! I feel so much better now that I have them, makes it seem one step closer. Although now I am frustrated because I want to start prepping my cloth prefolds now but I am unsure with the detergent I have. I have All free and clear, which I have heard is ok for cloth diapers but its not the best because it apparently has brighteners. I was going to buy some country save for the diapers because I heard good things about it, but I can't get it for like another week. :cry:
But there have been many people that used the All and it worked fine, and I am not going to be using a whole lot so I am tempted to just use it to get them prepped and then switch to the country save once I have it. Thoughts?

Also was able to get my stool softener, just in case I need it after the birth. And it was crazy the price difference on some of those products which are the same.

Sorry Nariah- I have been quiet because I was just anxious about my appointment today. Doctor said I can try for a vaginal delivery, but if my dilation halts for whatever reason, there will be no induction methods used. It's straight to a c-section in that case. So I hope I dilate normally. I've gained 50 lbs so far this pregnancy which is outrageous, but I do have that extra amniotic fluid so I really hope it comes off fast. The BH and mucus plug loss has been NOTHING. My cervix is still 1-2 cm dilated and I am just a little softer. I am so annoyed by that. I am so uncomfortable and so ready to get this going. Sigh....

As for detergent I decided to go with the gentlest detergent I could find which was dreft, which is made for baby clothing. I don't know much about cleaning cloth diapers though. If I could afford it, I'd actually use a more organic detergent, but Dreft will have to do. It's concentrated too, so that much is good. I was able to wash about 4 loads of baby clothes and blankets and barely any detergent is gone.

I felt that way on price difference when I was going to buy epsom salt for faster healing after the birth (for baths) it seems the same product can vary a lot across different brands. It's pretty ridiculous.

Mama- we've been wondering about you over on our facebook page. Hope everything is going well with you and the babies.

Oh whit I am glad that you can at least try to have a vaginal birth! I know you have been worried about it! I will think positive thoughts for you so I hope it works out well. And its fine that its quiet, I was just surprised because usually there is at least one person who posts. :haha: We tend to be pretty active on here. lol

I think because of my impatience I am just going to prep with what I have. If they repel or don't absorb I can strip later, but I want to wash them NOW! :haha:

And the price difference is ridiculous! I am going to try the cheaper stool softener, it was about $5 cheaper, for more pills with the same ingredients, and dosage. So yeah we will see how it goes. Its crazy I think I have everything I need and then I watch a video or read something and then see something I don't have and I panic again. lol.

OMG! I just realized I only have two weeks left until my due date!

Nariah - you sure do! So keep in mind things could happen soon too!

That's why I wanna wash my cloth diapers now! lol.
I think I will just use the All free and clear to prep them, its only once, and you use so little I don't see it causing a problem. Especially since the people who have used it and had problems have used it for a while and had buildup after several months, so I think it will be fine. Only other problem I would think would be if he has sensitive skin the brighteners might be a problem, but since all his clothes are washed in it that would be a problem anyways, and if I notice skin irritation I can switch. I just want to get these diapers clean.

Then I can organize my dresser, and then re-organize it everyday until hes born! LOL :haha:

So got the bassinet/packnplay set up in my room. I think I might get a pad to go on top of the mattress thing, it doesn't seem very soft. Do you ladies know of anywhere I can get one that would fit?

You can get fitted pack n play sheets. They are in the same area as the regular sheets :)

I don't know about an extra pad for it. I would just check the mattress area, they have the different mattresses in that area in baby stores. I felt my bassinet mattress thing is too hard, but they say it's supposed to be firm. I can't even imagine it being comfortable at all.

I am done being pregnant. I want him to come now. I hope he comes this weekend. I really do. I can't handle much more.

Yes to the firmness of infant/toddler mattresses. It's so hard! My dd hates her toddler bed. She will only get on it if I put a foam mattress top over it (I forgot what you call it actually). And to be honest, I wanted a pram because it is flat which us better for an infant's form. There's one pram where you can adjust the angle. Unfortunately, it is too expensive for us.

Yeah it just seems so firm, I know they shouldn't be super plush, but I guess I can wait and see.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->