****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Nothing brave about it, hun. I only found out her problems at the 12 week scan and felt I had to give her a chance. Then, when she had died, it was important to me to deliver her, see her, etc. We all need to do different things to make it ok, and I'm so happy I listened to my heart so that I have no regrets how I handled things. I think it's hard, no matter how far along you are. Each loss is so unique. Now, I just worry about the other things, likely what you ladies have experienced. We really are so lucky to conceive in the first place, and then each milestone is a relief. I didn't think of half this stuff when pregnant with my son, so oblivious. A loss really changes you, eh? xx

Hi ladies. So sorry for all your losses but want to congratulate your BFPs.

Can I join? I got my first BFP nearly a year ago. It was a MMC and I didn't start to lose the baby until 12 weeks. We weren't trying this time and my BFP is a total shock. I am just biding my time to see if I make it past 12 weeks before I see a doctor. Due date is November 8

Welcome, Storked. Crossing fingers and toes this baby sticks. x

Thanks Manda! I hope it does but don't want to get too excited, just in case

Hi, Storked! Lots of sticky baby vibes just for you =)

I've been really crampy the past two days. Logically I know it's normal, but I've never ever cramped with either of my pregnancies with my girls. I know it isn't ectopic pain because it feels just like menstrual cramps with slight pain in my lower back and it's spread evenly across my whole lower abdomen. No spotting or anything, but I'm freaking out. The cramping I'm experiencing sounds okay, right? My FRER didn't really look darker this morning either, which doesn't help things. But I just keep telling myself this is a sticky little baby, and I keep telling baby to hold on tight lol

Thank you so much Heather <3
As far as the cramping, any way that it is gas? I am telling that baby to stay put and grow!

Welcome teacup and storked !
Teacup i had the exact same thought about falling asleep and waking up in the 2nd trimester...if only!

Storked, we have the smae due date! I think i know how you feel about biding your time, thats how i felt when i got pregnant with dd straight after my loss. She was a surprise bfp, and i didnt want to get attached, excited or even really aknowledge that i was pregnant again because i thought if i lost it it would be so much harder. I didnt want to go to the doctor until much later, but ended up going and having an ultrasound at 6weeks as i thought if something was wrong i would rather know sooner rather than later, then bloods at 9 weeks, and got a handheld doppler and listened to her heartbeat everyday from 10 weeks. I think the constant reassurance helped a lot.

Oh no heather, not you too freaking out about those stupid lines! I asked some ladies in the 2nd trimester and some said their line never got darker with the frer. So i've calmed down and i am taking reassurance in the fact that my symptoms are still there. With my mc the first sign that anything was wrong was that all my symptoms dissapeared! Honestly dont worry about the cramping. With dd i cramped so much i walked around with a pad because i thought i would start bleeding any minute. And when my sister was pregnant with my nephew she did the same!

Thanks Steph! I don't think I could do it. I am afraid of the OB office. My first ultrasound where I found out my baby had died and then back later, passing out in the waiting room and having to have a D&C. Just not ready :-/
Do you know how soon you can hear anything with a Doppler at home? I have considered buying one.

Love that we have the same due date! Must be a good day :D

I know it's hard to stop testing but it really doesn't do anyone any favours.
It doesn't tell you anything unfortunately... I had a very strong bfp the day I miscarried :(
I hope we can all get trough these tough few weeks together!
I'm so grateful to have a group of ladies who understand, I find lots of people don't.
Hopefully will get a call from the midwife in the next week or so and then can look forward to my booking in appt.
I'm just so tired all the time, my boobs constantly feel like someone is blowing them up like balloons too (stretched?)
I just think if I can get past 7 weeks without spottin I will be doing better than last time...
Xx

Thanks Steph! I don't think I could do it. I am afraid of the OB office. My first ultrasound where I found out my baby had died and then back later, passing out in the waiting room and having to have a D&C. Just not ready :-/
Do you know how soon you can hear anything with a Doppler at home? I have considered buying one.

Love that we have the same due date! Must be a good day :D

Sorry :(
I feel the same about our epu. The horrible news I've had in there I don't know if I even want an early scan! Not that I'm 'entitled' anyway!
I think HB on Doppler is around 10 weeks but some earlier or later. Depends on a lot of things including the strength of the Doppler x

Heather, that definitely sounds like what I've been experiencing off and on these past few days. It's totally normal, but I admit to freaking out in the back of my mind since I don't really recall it with my son or my angel either.

Storked, do you think you'd be happier with midwifery care? They come to your home and are so much more personal and caring, in my opinion. My family is in Texas (I moved to the UK when I was 22), and even though I know the OB route is what most automatically go for there still, I'd be choosing a midwife if I were there, the same as here. x

Manda, I live in Houston :) but I can't see a midwife. I am considered high-risk because of blood clots. I can avoid the doctor now because I have plenty of meds left for self-injection at home luckily. Midwives always seem so cool though. One of my sisters sees them and births at home and loves it <3

Teacup, sometimes I think those early scans can cause unnecessary worrying too :hugs:

It's definitely different here. I think here someone like you would be considered shared care, which is most appointments with the midwife and a few with the OB thrown in.

My family is up around Tyler. It's a long and expensive flight back! I went after my miscarriage since hubs was deployed. I ate way too much but enjoyed the things I don't get here, like IHOP and Tex-Mex, haha!

Manda, Tex-Mex and IHOP are divine :) I bet it was so good to be near family again.
My DH and I are moving to Bangkok this year and it will be tough being away from my family. Houston already feels far. I'm from Dublin, TX lol. How are you loving where you live now?

Wow, what an adventure! That sounds to exciting!

England is home to me. We're likely to move around England a few times due to hubby's job, but we'll settle on the South coast where he's from eventually. I could never move back to the US. I'm definitely home. :)

Manda, that is AWESOME! I hope I find home someday, like you have <3

Good Morning!
I feel hungover this morning! Ewwww
I feel a bit sick and nearly puked up my vitamins... Morning sickness?
So tired after getting woken up at 5am by my toddler who hates sleep lol
How's everyone else feeling?

Hey Teacup, sorry that morning sickness has reared! I am a little scared of it myself lol.
I just have major bloating and cramping from bloating. And my breasts have already grown an annoying amount. Boo.

Hey Teacup, sorry that morning sickness has reared! I am a little scared of it myself lol.
I just have major bloating and cramping from bloating. And my breasts have already grown an annoying amount. Boo.

Thanks. I'm glad of it tbh, didn't have any with my miscarriages....
I've been really bloated too but peppermint tea has really helped!
My boobs are already up a cup size and feel so heavy and a bit sore!
DH is loving the cleavage though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->