****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

wow I never posted in here... Amanda Grace Kelley Hicks entered the world on October 18th 2013 at 7:05pm. 7lbs 15.4oz and 20.5 inches.

She was born at 38 weeks with a scheduled induction that failed and led to a c-section. Wasn't the birth plan I had wanted and really should have refused the induction because there was no reason for it other than my doctor felt that Gestational diabetes babies should be born at 38 weeks. He didn't agree with the MARCH OF DIMES and their recommendation of 39 weeks because he felt they ignored data about still births between 38/39 weeks.
Amanda unfortunately took her first breath and popped some vessels in her lungs which required oxygen but because the doctor had pushed for an early induction when all signs pointed to her not being ready to come out into the world; her lungs were immature. She was put on a ventilator for 15 days. She was in NICU for 23 days. She was able to come home on November 10th. She is now perfect, healthy, and smiling constantly! :)

Hey all and congrats
Haven't posted in a really long time but baby Wyatt is here
He was born nov 16 at 38 weeks weighting 6 lbs 15 oz 19 1/2 inch
Long labor but way worth it . Hope everyone is well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics