****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Congratulations! He's lovely!

I had some niggles this morning but nothing now really. Midwife visiting in an hour and a half.

Due date today - no signs still, baby is far too comfy!

Hopefully not too much longer though i'm desperate to meet him/her xx

My rainbow arrived on October 30. Sorry for being slow to update, recuperating from birth is not what I thought that it would be.

https://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z390/taisiatuamagia/862A2C53-266E-4226-ADDA-1858800B2966-3231-000003008B926DF0_zpsd28a7f09.jpg

She's beautiful Storked - what was your due date??

wondering by how many days people went over if they did, as I'm clearly not having my rainbow tonight lol

Congratulations firefly and storked! Beautiful babies!

Thanks JDH and Steph!

JDH, I was induced at 38+4 because I was on blood thinners. I did have a successful vaginal delivery but boy are those induction meds killer. Can't wait to see your rainbow! :thumbup:

Baby Thomas Daniel was born at 19:04 last night, in a pool in our front room, weighing 7lb 12oz after an hour's breastfeed. No vaginal examinations (midwife turned up as I was pushing), cord not cut for nearly 2 hours. A completely empowering, gentle (yet quick and powerful) birth. Not a thing I'd change! (And I thoroughly recommend sniffing neat clary sage on a flannel/washcloth!)

Congratulations manda on baby Thomas and what sounds like a lovely birth experience! I wonder if I had laboured by myself like I did the first time if I would have avoided a section. The midwife told me I could not get off the bed or be off themonitor, maybe if I had the baby wouldn't have turned transverse and stuck her foot out. I guess I'll never know.

Storked I wasn't prepared for what labour would be like first time either and I remember thinking it was a shame my dd would never have siblings because there was no way I'd go through that again! Yet here I am less than 2 years later. My second labour was really easy and pain free compared to the first, except for when it went wrong at the very end.

Still couldn't have a sweep today, as cervix still closed *urgh* :growlmad:

Hopefully things will still happen on their own, otherwise my induction is booked for 15th November, i'd go in around 3pm. Really hoping to go natural before then...I have a week, cmon baby!

hope everyone else is doing ok? :hugs:

You will, JDH. Have a chat to baby. It really does help. ;)

I've updated the first page as far as what's been posted here. Happy to update further, just let me know. :)

I gave birth to my baby girl on November 5th after being sent to l&d for high blood pressure the doctor gave me the option of going home on bed rest or being induced they induced me at 8am and I had her at 5:53pm I was so surprised that she was a girl. Her name is laylah she weighed 6lbs 13 ounces :) I am one proud mommy!

Congrats!

Well tonight I will be making sure my bag is all sorted, as tomorrow is definitely the day for induction! I'm sad that I haven't gone naturally and won't get the birth i'd hoped for, but at least soon my rainbow will be in my arms where they belong!

All that matters is that he/she arrives safely. They've kept me waiting long enough lol

Hopefully it won't be a lengthy induction and baby will be here tomorrow, but if not it should defo be Saturday.

xx

Grich congrats on baby laylah!

Jdh good luck with the induction! Hope it's a quick one, and let us know what your yellow bump turns into!

Yellow bump turned BLUE - very much in love with Jacob Michael, born 16th November 2013 weighing 7lb 1oz @42 weeks. He kept us waiting as long as possible!

Will update with birth story and pics asap.

Congratulations!!!! I love the name, cant wait to see pics!

Well...went into hospital for induction on Friday at 5:30pm. Was checked and cervix still hard, long and closed. Was given first pessary about 6pm, after 6 hours midwife checked and cervix was short and soft and had dilated to between 1 and 2cm with no contractions. Given 2nd pessary about 1am, left to sleep and checked again at 9:40am, had only got to 2cm still and had no contractions still. Midwife said I could go get settled in a delivery room as, being 2 weeks overdue, they wouldn't send me home. So I got up to go to the bathroom and my waters went! Very painful contractions started immediately. Was taken round to my delivery room and after 1 hour and 20 mins I felt really defeated, as I just couldn't cope with the pain yet I really wanted a drug free delivery. Midwife recommended an epidural, as she said if I couldn't cope with the pain at 2cm then I would find it very hard further on. So I reluctantly agreed. Midwife left to sort epi out and I just cried to hubby about it, but he was great and said as long as we were both ok he didn't care.

Well, contractions got extremely worse and seemed to be coming every 20 secs!

Midwife came back 20 mins later and commented that they were 'thick and fast!' Then I got this almighty urge to push, told midwife and she said to go with it. I pushed and lost more water, midwife checked me and was amazed that she could see baby and that it was definitely time to push!!

11 minutes later Jacob came into this world making beautiful noises and I had managed my complete pain relief free labour and birth :happydance:

All 3 stages combined took just 2 hours 36 minutes. I couldn't have been happier. Feeling like I needed an epidural was because I had gone from 2cm to fully dilated in a very short time so I had only had extreme contractions from the beginning :haha:

Both DH and I are so in love :cloud9: and he thinks i'm amazing for managing my labour without even gas and air :thumbup:

Attachments

• 2013-11-16 18.39.23.jpg
    2013-11-16 18.39.23.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-11-17 20.25.47.jpg
    2013-11-17 20.25.47.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
  • moses basket 1 day old.jpg
    moses basket 1 day old.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
Congrats, JDH!

Between the posts here and a cheeky nose around BnB, I've updated the first post. Please let me know if I've got anything wrong or left anyone out! x

Hi everyone! I know I have been gone forever but I wanted everyone to know that we had a healthy, happy baby boy on October 25th at 37 weeks! Kurt weighed 7lbs5oz and is already a whopping 9lbs5oz. I will post details when I have a chance. I look forward to reading older posts for everyone's updates and birth announcements.

I had my precious baby girl on nov 19th 3 days before her due date. It was a very long long labor that ended with a c-section... But she is here and healthy.
Brooklyn Nichole
6lbs 8oz
20 1/4 in long

Eventually I might post more details on the birth story, but right now just enjoying being a new mommy. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583