****November 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I can't believe how fast it is going can't wait to meet my baby I need to know if it's a boy or girl!

I'm ready! Actually not really, I still have to wash all her clothes and organise her wardrobe, but physically and emotionally I am ready to meet her!

The past few weeks have been a bit tough. My dh was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, 2 hours after we got his diagnosis my sister phoned to say my grandad had died. Then my dh got admitted to hospital, and the following day my dd got admitted with severe vomiting. After a couple of days my dh got discharged, and my dd got discharged, but then my dh got her vomiting bug and got re-admitted:dohh: Then when I thought everything was settling back to normal the two of them got a really bad cold, and my dh thought he was at death's door because his nose was blocked. Argh! My pregnancy woes have been forgotten in all this!

I've started taking rasberry leaf capsules and will start epo soon. Hoping for another quick labour this time!

Oh and we cant settle on a name. He says all the names I pick are stripper names, and all the names he picks are frankly really ugly :(

Sorry to hear of the rough time lately, Steph. I've a cough with crackles/wheeze that's driving me mad. I never let coughs get that bad because I've a history of asthma, so I cough up every bit. But I guess the reduced lung capacity due to baby is making it harder?

I need to do washing as well. I need to get a new hose for the birth pool. And I think I'll get some submersible tealights for the pool. I'm ready as can be otherwise.

We've had a name picked out for this boy a couple of months, but I'm not in love with it like I was with my first's name (Jack William). This baby is meant to be Thomas Daniel. I quite like Thomas, and it's a family name. I'm just meh about Daniel though. I want Thomas Finley, and hubby hates Finley for some reason.

Ladies we are all getting closer and closer! Are you ready? :)

Very ready! can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl, so exciting :baby:

I am getting a bit anxious but my midwife said that's normal given my history, I just want everything to be ok. I'm not nervous about birth, i'm actually looking forward to it - I want to feel everything lol :haha:

Hope you ladies are well :hugs:

Steph, I thought you had talked him into Sierra? Am I imagining that? (If so I apologize for mixing you up with someone :blush: )
I am so sorry for the tough time your family is going through. Last trimester my husband lost his mother and his whole family is still struggling :hugs:

Manda, I completely understand obsessing over names. If our next is a girl I will have a problem because my husband doesn't like the names that I do. Meh. Men.

JDH, birth will be super exciting! I'm looking forward to it as well :)

Grich, finding out the sex will be so exciting!

Thanks storked! I had talked him into Sienna but when my dd got admitted to hospital the baby in the bed across from her was called sienna and the mum was a bit on the rough side which put my dh off the name again!. I also like tiffany but he hates it with a passion. So annoying!

Manda I love the names Daniel and Finley, you can't go wrong. I find boy names so much easier to pick!

Steph, sorry I got the name wrong. I was merely close(ish)
Hopefully you can wear him down on the names that you like :)

How are you all? I understand we have our first rainbow! Steph posted in third tri!

I'm doing well and have told baby that next week anytime is fine or anytime after half term ;)

And for all of us angel mummies, I thought I'd share my FB status here, too:
Today is Infant & Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day. I'm grateful that, on this day, so close to when I let go of our angel Lucy last year, I've had a positive and empowering appointment with my midwives and doulas late in this rainbow pregnancy. I feel as much love and support around me now as I did when we said goodbye to our angel. Thank you. And I hope that all mothers, from those who have just been shocked with news like I was to those who still miss that baby years on, feel loved today. xx

How are you all? I understand we have our first rainbow! Steph posted in third tri!

I'm doing well and have told baby that next week anytime is fine or anytime after half term ;)

And for all of us angel mummies, I thought I'd share my FB status here, too:
Today is Infant & Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day. I'm grateful that, on this day, so close to when I let go of our angel Lucy last year, I've had a positive and empowering appointment with my midwives and doulas late in this rainbow pregnancy. I feel as much love and support around me now as I did when we said goodbye to our angel. Thank you. And I hope that all mothers, from those who have just been shocked with news like I was to those who still miss that baby years on, feel loved today. xx

Beautiful words Manda :thumbup: I cannot wait to hold my rainbow in my arms very soon. It seems surreal that in a matter of weeks i will hold my own baby after waiting 8 years, but good things do happen to those who deserve it and the next chapter of our lives is going to be amazing :hugs:

Hi all thought I'd update anyone who missed the 3rd tri post! Following in her big sister's footsteps, Sienna arrived in a rush yesterday morning! My waters broke while I was asleep and we rushed straight to hospital as my last labour was only 3 hours. My contractions picked up quickly and when the Dr checked me I was 9cm but instead of being able to feel a head he could feel a foot! The little miss had put het foot through the cervix, and I was at risk of having a cord prolapse so there was a massive rush to get me to theatre and I had to resist the urge to push which had kicked in at this point. She was born 3 hours after I woke up and is doing really well. She has a lymphangioma on her left shoulder which will likely need surgery but the pediatricians has reassured me that apart from a scar she will he fine.

Thanks to all for the support and good luck with deliveries!

Hi all thought I'd update anyone who missed the 3rd tri post! Following in her big sister's footsteps, Sienna arrived in a rush yesterday morning! My waters broke while I was asleep and we rushed straight to hospital as my last labour was only 3 hours. My contractions picked up quickly and when the Dr checked me I was 9cm but instead of being able to feel a head he could feel a foot! The little miss had put het foot through the cervix, and I was at risk of having a cord prolapse so there was a massive rush to get me to theatre and I had to resist the urge to push which had kicked in at this point. She was born 3 hours after I woke up and is doing really well. She has a lymphangioma on her left shoulder which will likely need surgery but the pediatricians has reassured me that apart from a scar she will he fine.

Thanks to all for the support and good luck with deliveries!

Congratulations on your new arrival.

I'm so over being pregnant now, but even after having a long chat with him, he seems quite happy to stay put. Saying that I have been having strong, painful but irregular contractions over the last week. The joys of pre-labour when you're a grand multiparia. Seeing the midwife today and will ask when they will give me a sweep. I guess I'm finding these last weeks so hard because I could be induced if I was willing to go into hospital, but I'm determined to have a home birth.

Congrats Steph, glad both mum and baby are well xx

I'm so over being pregnant now, but even after having a long chat with him, he seems quite happy to stay put. Saying that I have been having strong, painful but irregular contractions over the last week. The joys of pre-labour when you're a grand multiparia. Seeing the midwife today and will ask when they will give me a sweep. I guess I'm finding these last weeks so hard because I could be induced if I was willing to go into hospital, but I'm determined to have a home birth.

You can do it, hun. Remember that all this prodromal labour *is* doing something. Once active labour kicks off, it'll probably go very quick. :flower:

You can do it, hun. Remember that all this prodromal labour *is* doing something. Once active labour kicks off, it'll probably go very quick. :flower:

Thanks just got back from midwife and it seems these contractions have at the very least persuaded little man to be fully engaged and in what she described as the "perfect position for an easy birth". She was a new midwife to me, who is also one of the on call midwifes for home birth and absolutely lovely giving me the confidence to hold on until little man has finished baking. My next appointment will be at 40 weeks, at home and I'll be getting a sweep then, if I haven't had him before.

Sounds like that appointment is just what you needed. :) Trust baby, he knows. ;) xx

hi all, just wanting to share a picture of my girls:cloud9:

how is everyone else getting on?

Attachments

• sophia&sienna.jpg
    sophia&sienna.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
OMG, Steph congrats on the baby! Love the picture of your girls <3

I hope all of you ladies are doing well! I'm going in next Tuesday night for my induction so I should have my baby next week :)

My little rainbow arrived at home yesterday at 12.20am, weighing 8lb 4.5oz after an intense 2.5hr labour. Little Jake is doing really well, feeding like a pro and our family is now complete.

Attachments

• 1377363_531956920213415_360136805_n.jpg
    1377363_531956920213415_360136805_n.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member