November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Congrats BumpHope!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your little BOY! :) :hugs: Can't wait to hear the birth story! Another vacuum delivery. Don't worry about his head btw....Alistair is 16 days old and you can hardly tell he was delivered with the vacuum. It contributed to his jaundice, however.

Wow Allie, Look at that picture. He is SO CUTE! Had my appt today. I am pretty much at the same stage as last week. Dr. did the NST and said baby is doing "wonderful" and she will let me go up until 42 weeks. I am really hoping and praying I go into labor on my own before then. On the plus side, she did say she is on call this weekend. So it would be a perfect time actually...except they are expecting a snow storm! What more joy than a newborn to cuddle with during a snow storm!! Come on babyyyy!!!!!

Thanks Desi. :) I'm getting more into the swing of things every day and the memory of the hard labor and recovery are going further and futher away. Alistair is just a joy.

I hope you go into labor this weekend and have a little snowstorm baby! :) Glad baby is doing so well. You just have a very homey uterus! How are you feeling? It's funny to think we were due around the same day and our babies could be a month apart and yet both be 'full term.'

Yep....kinda have given up hope that it will be a Nov baby. No 11/_/11 birthday :(! But I am glad baby is doing well. I had zero contractions the 15 mins they did the NST. My BP was normal etc. I usually only get contractions at night so the no contractions didn't surprise me. I am feeling great actually. I have the lower pelvic pressure, have to pee every 2 minutes and cannot sleep very much at night but all in all, feeling pretty good. I am working from home and I am pretty sure that is helping me keep my sanity. I still keep getting e-mails from people asking me if I had the baby yet. Today I got an e-mail from someone with subject like "Are you still pregnant". I know they are all concerned and care about me but I keep getting those nagging messages. I have been telling people that I would tell them when she arrives so hoping they will back off a bit. I have another appt on Friday and my dr. said she will schedule an induction for next week in case I don't go on my own!!!! I am really really hoping I do go on my own! Please keep me in your thoughts.

I am doing all the things that I have been wanting to do. Cleaned out the junk drawers in the kitchen, went to the laundromat to launder our HUGE comforter (it won't fit in our washer). An older guy there looked at me and said "you look like you were due yesterday". I am like yes, as a matter of fact I was :D! He was nice about it though. He said they will come only when they and God decide its time to come. I thought that was sweet of him to say that!

Bumphope- huge huge congrats! Really happy for you. Everyday has been incredible since we've had her but the first few days were just amazing!! Looking forward to reading your birth story.

Desi- hope things start happening for you soon. Get eating pineapples and bouncing on birthing ball!

My husband went back to work today. I'm gutted. It's been so lovely having him home and being a family. In laws came back yesterday to help out which I'm already finding tough! I can't do what normally do eg breast feed in sitting room as they're in there! So I'm back in my bedroom on my own! And nights are hard as they're in the spare room which means when bub won't settle hubby can't go and sleep in other room. Hey ho!

How are current Mums getting on with breastfeeding? Were doing ok- oy one that's tough is the early morning feed as bub just won't settle and fall back to sleep afterward & I can be up with her for hours.. Exhausting- hence why I want the spare room for hubby!

Id best go but hope eveyone's well and thingshappen soon for Desi.

X

Ladies,
I woke up with bright red bleeding this a.m. Soaked my panti liner. I put on a thin pad to see if it increases. I called my dr. and she said that sometimes cervix check can cause it. I told her that I have not had it before. She said sometimes it only happens when the cervix has dilated enough. She asked me to watch it closely and if it increases to more than a panti liner or turns into what I normally have with a regular period to go in to the hospital for labor and delivery.

I was reading online and they said mucus plug is brown. Any one had red bleeding?

Desi- my mucus plug was bloody but was clearly mucus plug as was very thick and jelly like- are u getting this or just blood?

When I went into labour they did an internal to see how far dilated I was & was just 3cm at that point. After the internal I started bleeding getting heavier and heavier... I thick I was just very sensitive didn there... So maybe your internal caused the bleed?

My discharge is stringy! I have had more. Just not sure when to go into L&D.......I wish I had a "regular" labor signal..like regular contractions...

I am hoping it is the mucus plug but it may not be from what I am reading. It could just be the internal. May be I should be glad that my body is doing "something"?! DH stayed home from work this morning just in case we have to go in to the hospital but he will probably go in the afternoon....

Sarah - I totally know how you feel about breastfeeding and in-laws. I would hate to be stuck with in-laws all day while DH was at work! I am glad ours are coming when I will be back at work. I do worry about breastfeeding/losing other freedom etc.

Desi, I spotted brown afler internals and when I lost my mucous plug it was VERY obvious and thick and globby.

Breast feeding is going well I think but he's eating every hour to hr and a half at night and im knackered! Also cant really manage in comfy positions quite yet.

Internal may have kick started dome action in there?!

I've had tough afternoon with inlaws. MIL keeps going on and on about how in her days she only fed for 20mins- 10 mins each side. (my feeds go on over an hour). Then just half an hour ago I said I was going to wake bub for a feed as it had been 4hrs and FIL started saying I shouldn't wake her blah blah.. Just driving me crazy & had me in tears before. Feel so judged... Oh and keep being told how my SIL does things! Anyway now sat up in bedroom feeding whilst everyone else watching TV downstairs..

Xx

CONGRATS BUMPHOPE!!! :happydance: wow! 20 hour labour you are a hero!! Well Done! Look forward to seeing the pictures!

Allie , Alistair is gorgeous!!! Look at that little face! You must be so proud! Glad to hear you're getting into the swing of things :)

Sarah, I'm so sorry you're getting so much "advice" from the in laws :( that would send me nuts! Like its not hard enough being a new mum!! Hugs to you :hugs: just do whatever YOU feel is best!

Desi... Sounds promising!!!

Ok..I was officially working from home today but I took a long lunch..napped. That made feel a little bit better.

That feeling that I have to go poo all the time is back. I am hoping its the start of SOMETHING. The bleeding/spotting had stopped for a while but returned. When I went to pee I noticed that there was a small glob of blood in the toilet, and some other floating stuff...sorry for the TMI..I called the nurse again and she said if it happens 24 hours after the internal to give them a call. That is in an hour. They haven't mentioned that it could be the plug...hmm...gah....I have a feelign they will ask me to go to labor and delivery if the bleeding doesn't stop...

I am so FRUSTRATED, beyond frustrated actually. So late last night aorund 9:30 ish I started having contractions and I had them every 30 min, 20 min and so on and so forth and I finally thought I would lie down to sleep and started getting contractions every 15 min or so and couldn't really sleep all night. DH and I finally "woke" up at around 4 and we were so sure this is it and did final packing and at that point I was getting contractions every 5-7 mins - I was able to talk through some of them but I wasn't able to talk through some. I took a shower and then I thought I would try and take a nap because I hadn't slept all night and I went to sleep at 8:00 a.m. and just woke up. I remember having some contractions and they woke me up but they seem to have all gone? I have zero contractions and it is 11:00 a.m. here. I am so frustrated. We both thought we would be meeting our LO today but IDK what to do now! What was up with the all night contractions? Grr....

So I called the Dr office, they asked me to come in for a cervix check to see if the contractions caused any more dilation. I just got back and extremely disappointed - I am still only between 1 and 2 so the strong contractions (which I thought were strong) did nothing!! Back to waiting now. I am still getting painful contractions off and on but no pattern like there was last night or early morning...so frustration continues....I have another appt tomorrow a.m. hoping something happens by then...

Oh Desi you poor thing. I've heard that can happen. Stay positive... You'll meet your bub soon... And it's worth being patient for- That first meeting is incredible and you've still got it to come.

Xx

Finally some news. We have a brand new baby girl born Friday afternoon at 2:35, normal delivery, some scary moments but everything ended SO GREAT! More details and birth story later on when we get home etc :)!

Congrats, Desi!! So glad everything went well and you finally got to meet your little girl! I have been checking the thread waiting for your news!

AFM, we have been home from the hospital since Wednesday night and the first few days were rough but things are definitely getting better! I will post our story soon...

Hope all the new mommies and babies are doing well!

Congrats Desi! Wonderful news! Looking forward to reading your birth story!

Mummy hugs to you all!!

Sx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"