November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Congrats Desi!!! I eagerly await hearing yours and BumpHope's birth stories!

How is motherhood treating everyone? Alistair is 3 weeks old today and I have to say it gets better (and easier) as each day goes by. It was really hard for me when DH went back to work last Monday as he only could take 2 weeks off. I'm still pretty hormonal/emotional but that's also getting better. I do still cry at the drop of a hat! It's just such a shock/change from pregnancy to all of a sudden have this little baby.....and not have any sleep! I am still really sleep deprived...breast feeding and up about every 2 hours to feed him...but Alistair is SUCH a good baby...a good sleeper (for 2 hours at a time), a good feeder, and just a joy. Anyways, hope everyone is doing well. :hugs:

Yah to all the babies! It is so interesting to read everyones stories. I had a very easy delivery. I went to my 39 week appt Monday the 20th and the doctor (not my regular doctor) decided to strip my membranes just because. Well at 2am Thursday morning (Thanksgiving) I woke up with contractions. At 2:45, my water broke. I called the hospital, took a shower, and by 4:30 we were on our way to the hospital. We got to the hospital at 5:00 and my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. They had me lay on the bed and hooked me up to some monitors. Thats when the contractions started to hurt. The doctor came in and told me that if I plan on getting an epidural I should just get one right away because I was staying there since my water had broke. They checked me and I was only 1 cm dilated. By 7:00, I was begging for an epidural. I got it and it was instant relief. They checked me again at 11:00. My husband and I were taking bets that I would be around 3 cm. I couldnt believe it when the doctor said I was 8cm. They checked me again at 1:00 and I was fully dilated. They would not let me push yet though because I was not feeling any pressure. So I laid there for 3 hours, knowing that I was 10cm and just wanted my baby out. At 4:00, I begged to push. After 2 hours of pushing and not being able to feel any contractions/pressure, they decided to give me pitocin. After another hour of pushing and an episiotomy, at 7:53 my baby girl arrived. She had a bruise and scab on the side of her head from pushing her out sideways I guess but that is all healed now.
Alexis Marie is now 10 days old and doing great. She sleeps for 4-5 hours and then wakes up to feed. I am nursing and pumping and bottle feeding. I had to give my nipples a break. My hormones are getting back to normal. I did have a couple days in which I would just cry for no reason. I could not stop the tears from flowing.
Now I am just enjoying my time home with her. I could sit and hold her all day long. I am going to be a mess in 7 weeks when I have to go back to work. :(

Melissa- congrats! Great news & enjoyed reading your birth story. Everyonrs labour has been so different! What's picotin? Don't think we have that here.

I'm loving having my little one! She's so good also. Normally wakes for food every 4hrs although yesterday was way out of sync which has knocked through today so trying to get her back on track. I'm finding the night feeds a killer as so tired & she really doesn't re settle well after her night feeds - takes ages.

My hubby went back to work last week Allie- I was gutted... But at least Christmas hols in a few weeks! X

Hi Girls

Just thought I'd log into see if any of you are still checking this site?
How are you all getting on?

Things good here! Loving being a Mum & starting to get used to the broken sleep!

Hope you're all well & babies thriving.

S xx

HI Sarah!

I'm still around. Night feeds are a nightmare! I'm up until 4am most nights with 20min catnaps inbetween! But she's totally worth it. JUst finding it hard to work out a night routine with her!

Hi Sparkle!

Great to hear from you. The evening Feds are so tough aren't they. Soooo tough being up til 4am. Is that because your daughter won't sleep before then and needs comforting food? I'm pretty lucky in that had some sort of routine since birth- she seems to eat every 4hrs so I feed at 10pm and then again at 2-3am. Can take a while to settle her though- she gets bad wind. I'm breastfeeding but my right boob is really sore at mo and think I might have ductal thrush in it do GP gave me some cream. So expressed and gave her that today but making her really gassy!

Starting baby massage tomorrow!

How's your elder girl coping with sharing Mummy?

X

Hey Sarah, OOohh thrush sounds painful :( Hope you get that sorted out. You're so lucky to have had some sort of routine in place. DD2 has never been in any sort of pattern, it's totally random and has been for 11 weeks! She just doesn't settle at night, mainly because she sleeps pretty much ALL day! Although today she hardly slept at all! Who knows what will happen tonight!? DD1 is totally in love with her sister and has been amazing at helping mummy and keeping me sane!

Hi ladies!!!

I had a sore nipple and it turns out Alistair has just gotten a lazy with his latch. I go to a breast feeding group and they showed me some tricks to fix his latch. I pretty much have to hold him in the right position, though! But my nipples aren't hurting anymore.

Alistair has a bit of a routine...bedtime routine around 10:30, up for feedings around 2:30-3:30 and again around 6 and then up for the day around 8:30-9. He doesn't go the longest at night...keep hoping for longer stretches but not so far. I'm thinking of pushing his bedtime back, but not sure if that will only makes things worse?

He's a great, happy wee baby though. I love him!!! :cloud9:

Great to hear from you girls!!

I think we were going to hear birth stories from Desi and Bumphope but didn't, and then the thread dissapeared.

Allie,

Great to hear from you! When are you back at work? Dont you only get a few months in US?

Good to hear you got your nipple pain sorted. Maybe I should look into a BF class. They do have them around here I think.

We went to baby massage this morning, It was so cute! AND best thing ever.. she slept through from 11pm to 5.30am last night! Incredible! Hoping thats the first day of a new routine!!

Sxx

:wave: HI Allie! Glad to hear things are going well! I'm having endless sleepness nights but trying to hang on in there.

WOwee Sarah!! 11-5.30am thats the stuff that dreams are made of! Well DOne! We did 1.30am until 7am last night , i was very happy. It's the fussing from 9pm-1am every night is wearing on me tho.

Well our new routine of sleeping through lasted one night! Last she was back to the 3am and 6am feed! Grrrrrr! Desperately trying to remember what I different on Sunday to help her sleep through but I think it was just luck!

X

Oh Sarah :hugs: I know exactly how you feel! I've even started keeping a written memo of her movements each day!......turns out...they're totally random!!! AAAaaaarrggghhh!!

Yeah, I try different things as well....the past few nights we've been getting 4 hour stretches of sleep...bliss!

Huh?

We've all had our babies. :) This is a thread for babies that were born in November 2011. :flower:

Wow I can't believe I never found this thread before !!!!!! :(

I'm due nov 29th!!!!

Having. A girl naming her bentlie Elizabeth !!!

My next appt is Monday morning!! For a check up :)

Hi Allie

Just seen you wrote on here recently! How are you ferrying on?

How's Alaistair?
We're doing great! So live being a Mum. Teething problems at the moment causing some sleepless nights. Is Alaistair sleeping through the night Yet? No such luck here! I'm not back at work yet- think going back in November. Am dreading it!

Hi Sarah, Allie, is anyone else on here still? I was just reminded of this thread today and wondered if anyone is still here and checking this? Just thinking of how this time last year we were all anxious to meet our babies etc!!!

I'm here!! I know, I can't believe where we were a year ago!! Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->