November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Bumphope -
Yay!!! This might be it for you? Keep us posted.

As for me, nothing is happening. I EVEN BRAVED THE BLACK FRIDAY MADNESS early this a.m. hoping that would trigger something but nothing!! Well..I have a story to tell on what I did on my due date :D!

Mine started on a Monday am as one big plug but no blood. Then more mucus on Tuesday morning and bloody mucus on Wed morning. Then went into labour Friday.

Keep thinking this time last week I was starting active labour & a world of pain! I'm so excited your still to have that first meet with your little one. It's so amazing!!

Bumphope - Update please :)! I had some strong contractions today that made me think "this is it" but nothing happened :(! Any progress on your end? I still haven't decided what I am going to do come Monday....go to work or not...cannot decide.........

Congratulations Lucky!!! :happydance: It is such a cute name! And what a fabulous picture! Sorry I haven't been round much not sure if I said it so Congrats Sarah! What a birth story! Well done for getting through that! Bump and Desi this is your week!! Looking forward to meeting the last of the Elevenses!! Xx

Desi - Nothing much to report. :( Went to have my NST done at the hospital yesterday since the dr's office was closed. I had 6 contractions in the hour but they are not painful, just feel tightening. My back hurts on and off. I am FINALLY all packed for the hospital! :D In a perfect world, labor will start Monday night so I can be in the hospital on Tuesday when my doc is there! ;-) It really is a waiting game now! But it is nice to know there is a date set for when the waiting can stop. When is your next dr appt? Think they will schedule you for an induction right away if baby hasn't come by then? Or will they let you hold out for a bit longer?

Congrats Lucky!!! :hugs: She's beautiful and Arlington is a gorgeous name. :) ONE PUSH?!?! OMG I am soooooo jealous after my 3 hours of pushing! Ha!

Sarah, glad you got the blood patch and also that they let you go home. I don't see why they would want you to stay once it's over? :shrug: I guess to make sure you took it easy. But I agree it's too hard to be away from the little ones.

Desi and BumpHope, no babies yet? ;) Hope it happens for you both when you can get your doctors.

Bumphope,
I woke up early this a.m. with period like pains. Not contractions but just straight up tummy aches. I never have period pains so I assume that is what they feel like - kind of in the lower abdomen area. I couldn't go back to sleep for a couple of hours then went back to sleep for an hour or two. Then this morning I feel the same pains again with an urge to poo (sorry TMI) but nothing when I go to the restroom. Do you think this is early labor?! I wonder! Now I just don't want to be in labor today or tomorrow cuz I know I am not gonna get my dr. I would like to be in labor Monday :(!! Well, I guess we cannot control anything so might as well just take it all in stride. But I don't know what I am feeling is labor or not.....hmmm.............

But in any case, my next dr. appt is Tuesday so if I do not have the baby by then I am guessing she will talk to me about scheduling an induction date. I feel like the baby has moved down in the last couple days so I wonder if she will schedule me sooner than later. I am assuming she will want to do it at least Thu/Fri so she will be around to deliver on weekdays. What time does your induction start on Tuesday?

Desi - never had period pains?!!? OMG, you are one lucky girl!! I get the worst cramps every month. The pains could be a sign that your body is getting ready for your baby's arrival! As for the poo, during both my miscarriages, I had to poo a lot at the onset, just before the bleeding got heavy. And I have heard that can be the case with labor too since your body is cleaning itself out before you do all that pushing. Not sure about having the urge and then not being able to go though??

My induction is set for first thing Tuesday. My doc gets in at 8am but she said to call labor and delivery around 6am to see if they have a bed available. Apparently they will tell me when to come in if all their beds are occupied. Here's hoping that they have plenty of open beds (as I've heard this time of year is slow season for births!).

I went shopping again the entire afternoon. Had pains on the lower abdomen on and off, with a few contractions thrown in for good measure but I don't think they mean anything at this point. At least aren't strong enough for me to go to the hospital!!

I will keep you posted on what happens...Ideally I would have this baby Monday my "according to dates/conception" due date. Friday the 25th was the Ultrasound due date...

Are you getting calls from people asking how you are doing or if the baby is here yet? I got home and I had THREE messages on my phone. I don't even want to return those calls. Another acquaintance saw me at the store this afternoon and he is like "Isn't your due date past. What are you doing here?". I gave a straight response "So what?!"...ugh..I was mad for some reason!!!

Yup, I am getting the "hurry up," "is baby here yet" comments too. Makes me want to slap someone! :p

I think I will work from home next week too. I do not think I can handle folks in my office asking these questions!!! I might in fact slap some people :)! Not a good plan to get fired right before the baby :)!

You should totally work from home if you can! It's so much more relaxing. :)
I can't take the anticipation any more!! Today I have been having much more of the bloody show and discharge. Two more days left max...eeks!!

How are you feeling Bumphope? I am about the same except my contractions are coming more often. Still not painful! I cannot wait for my dr. appt tomorrow to figure out what our next steps are! Are you getting ready to go tomorrow a.m.?

Ladies, I am in the hospital! Water broke at 12:20 last. A huge gush, the kind they say doesn't really happen except in the movies. So glad I was at home...can't imagine having that happen while out and about. :blush: four hrs after arriving here, I couldn't take the pain and was so tired from not having slept and so i got the epidural. Best decision! I have been trying to get some sleep since then but no such luck. Baby is super low and I'm 5 cm. though my doc is not here today, the docs and nurses have been great so far. Just hope things progress quickly and smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

wow!!!! That is awesome that you went on your own. Not long now!!!! Keep us posted as soon as you can..hope you can catch some zzz's before getting to 10 cms...good luck!!!!

Baby boy is here after 20 hours of labor! He is so precious!! Wasn't the easiest birth but was manageable. Ended up needing the vacuum and one hell of a
Strong push to get him out. Now am just working on getting up and about . Haven't decided on a name yet but will post a pic and the story when things settle down. :)

WOW! Congratulations Bumphope!!!! I was checking every few minutes to make sure I didn't miss your post! Post more when you get more time! I cannot wait for my labor to begin.......cannot believe I am pretty much the last one on here :D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->