November Babies

Someone said I should go for 11/11/11, but... ugh that would be 10 days over due! No thanks!!! :D

I'm hoping our Scottish winter isn't too bad this year...I also plan on baby wearing part time, but I'd be terrified of falling if it's icy!

I so get you here. I'll only be wearing the troll if it's not icy, as I've fallen arse over tit far too many times in the winter in Scotland as it is and would be petrified of hurting him if it happened whilst babywearing!

Yeah im the same, would like to carry but have the pram here for day to day things. My problem, im clumsy as hell. I trip over random things so ive been petrified about carrying him...but I really want to lol

It gets pretty icy up here in Sunderland too during the winter so im worried about that as well!

I wonder how'd you manage this 11/11/11 delivery? :lol: Go back in time? Or perhaps just be a month and a half overdue in order to hit 12/12/12? :lol:

A friend of mine had her boy on 10/10/10 though.

yeahhhhhh, that's a point! What on earth was this woman on about then! Hahahaha.
My birthday this year will be 13/12/12, so close :O.

I plan on baby wearing! It doesn't get too icy here, I think it is too cold, so there isnt any water around to freeze... sometimes the snow gets compacted, but people are pretty good at shovelling :p Also, my DH is eager to try out an Ergo, and he doesnt fall over as much as I do!

I don't think I'll do too much baby wearing... it's icy 24/7 in Ireland in the winter and I KNOW I'll fall and squash the wee dude!

On prams tho I got the Quinny Buzz 3 and luckily my friend who had a baby in January is lending me the carrycot attachment so it saved me £160! Happy days x

Here in Missouri, (US) the weather changes from day to day. Last winter was very mild, no snow and the winter before was blizzard like conditions. We are currently going through a drought so of course everyone is hoping for a wet winter, excecpt me. They do not treat the roads very well where I live. So if it gets bad, I can not get out for days.

I fully intend to baby wear, but I know it's different here. We do not walk everywhere and I wish we could. But in my town there are no sidewalks and people drive like idiots. I basically have to drive to my destination and then once there, I can wear baby. I currently have a baby sling but want to purchase another baby carrier but am not sure what to invest in.

MommaBarry, our winter was weird last year, too. The year prior was snow, snow, snow... last year I didn't even get to use my ski pass but twice. :/ No idea what we're in for. But, I'm in a walking town and they salt the roads and walks to an excess so unless there is a blizzard overnight and you want to get out in the morning, there is no trouble.

I've been looking at the Boba wrap for the first couple months, then we'll try out the Beco and the Ergo at our local shop and see which one suits us and baby better. I actually was thinking of trying to just find some jersey cotton cloth, I have read that if you cut it at 25-30" by 5-6 feet you have basically made the carrier. The edges roll a bit, but you get two for less than the cost one if you find the fabric so I might do that. If it were anything other than just cutting with scissors I wouldn't be on it, though, as I have no sewing skills. lol!

Welcome!
I want hiccups... :p

hiccups are weird. He had them again last night. Made me a little nervous as mainly it says don't worry, but then there is a remote possibility that he's wrapped in his cord and not getting enough oxygen. I hate the internet!

@ oh_so
That was the first thing I thought with our first go around with hiccups too. Of course it was late at night when I was lying in bed so it was a bit hard to fall asleep as I kept wondering "is she ok". The internet can be the biggest downer at times.

I don't think i've experienced LO having hiccups yet, what do they feel like? xx

To me they feel like little regular muscle twitches, but you can tell it's baby from them being the uterus. They came pretty fast, much faster than adult hiccups. They are pretty gentle compared to a kick, so if you aren't getting super evident kicks yet you might not feel hiccups at all. Also, apparently they don't really start 'til around this stage, so likely maybe half of us have babies that are doing this, and some of those won't feel them depending on how well they are feeling baby anyhow. :)

Just like oh_so said. It's like a spasm, or imagine a tiny kick, in the same place over and over in a rythmic pattern. Kicks are definetly more defined and are some what sporatic compared to hiccups

How long do they last? Because I may or may not have felt them. There are some little twitches that are pretty repetitive, but it usually doesn't last long.

As far as the winter goes, ugh, it can be anything here. In 2010, I think we saw nothing but snow and ice for about 5 or 6 months. Last year was pretty warm and dry. I'm hoping for a good one, again, but of course I'll just have to wait and see.

Jaz, well, I've only had them twice so can't say what a normal period of time is, but they lasted quite a while the first time and the second time just a minute or so. I'd say they vary, kinda like our hiccups I guess. It sounds like you may have felt them!

Oh, yes, now that I won't be getting a ski pass I'm just certain it'll be a 6 month blizzard. lol!

The third tri thread is really starting to take off now. Lots of new ladies are joining us as well.
For those of you who have not been there yet come on over.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-november-due-dates-cont-11.html#post20121073

Woohoo V-DAY! :D

Not long till I can join you guys over in 3rd tri properly - 3 more weeks isnt it?

Happy V-day Sarahcake!

Yes another 3 weeks until officially 3rd Tri.

I'm hoping it'll fly by xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->