November Babies

Ugh, oh_so, that sounds horrible and is exactly what I'm scared of. I don't mind the blood draws and my test is not even fasting (?!), but I'm already panicking because there's a chance I'll get sick from the glucose. I've had it before, it was not even flavoured and it was disgusting. I didn't get sick either, but nobody guarantees that I'd be okay this time. Etc.

Mine's scheduled for the 15th.

My glucose test is tomorrow at 11. Bleck, then im taking DS school clothes shopping. Heres hoping it doesnt make me to sick and that I pass!!

My Glucose test was fine, and really easy. I only had to do the hour one though.

Do they not do these in the UK?!
Saw midwife on monday and she just dipped my pee!

Yup Fraggle, im in the UK and the one im going to on my 20th will be my 2nd GTT. They just dont offer them to everyone. Im not sure what would qualify you so to speak for one, but if they Havant asked, I guess they don't think it will be an issue for you.

Awe, sorry to make it scary, ladies. I think the non-fasting would be fine, gross but probably not make you dizzy. The fasting one is rough. That says I'm glad to not do the 1-hour because a lot of people end up having to go back after that for a 2- or 3-hour and I'm glad not to ever drink that stuff again.

I'd just say if you feel a little flush let them know you need a place to lie back and a cold compress- better to be needy than sick. Cheers, :)

I've only been offered the 2 hour GD, does anyone know what would happen after that if i failed it?

On a happy note i'm now on the double digit countdown, 99 days to go!! Woohoo :) xx

anyone else started to now feel like theyve just run a marathon- im out of breath, face flushed and just generally feel like im out of breath ?? it normally happens when i lie on my back-i know shouldnt do but sometimes i forget, but now its happening a lot x

I am starting to get "uncomfortable" during the night...I have to have a pillow underneath my stomach (though I'm still not really showing!!! Still just look fat!) but then it's so much effort to roll over, and we have 3 dogs, 2 who sleep on the bed with us (the other is too short and can't jump up lol). The two dogs are a Pitbull (60 lbs) and lab mix (75 lbs), and they have taken to hogging SO's side...so he ends up on MY side, and I end up with about 2 inches of sleeping space!!

Add onto that if SO is not sleeping on his side facing the opposite direction from me he SNORES SO LOUD!! I wake up multiple times per night to not only empty my freaking bladder, but to roll him over as he usually ends up on his back!

Then I have to contend with the fact the dogs are on his side and he CAN'T roll over, so I push and shove and push and shove until he finally moves over a bit and the dogs move...

:dohh: Urgh. I am totally prepared for the not sleeping part of having a baby. But SO sleeps through EVERYTHING. He is going to be in for one rude awakening in a few months!!!

:cry: On another note I am totally emotional today. Feel like crying about everything. The fact that I will be having a baby in 3 months' time is starting to really scare me. Anyone else terrified about becoming a parent? :cry:

I know it will be fine, and we will adjust to our new roles in life, but I'm just scared!

Crate the dogs or kick them out! You need some sleep :( And lack of sleep always makes me cry about things! Plus, will you have them on the bed when the baby comes?

Yeah, and sexysmurf, I've been getting the breathy thing when lying back for ages. Sometimes I wake up in the night and feel really dizzy because I'm on my back. As for other dizziness, I'm always dizzy :p If I get up to fast the whole room swims!

Crate the dogs or kick them out! You need some sleep :( And lack of sleep always makes me cry about things! Plus, will you have them on the bed when the baby comes?

The dogs are our first furbabies and we'd never kick them off the bed!:cloud9: Baby will be sleeping in the crib right next to the bed (on my side) since I plan to breastfeed.

We have a King size bed as well, it's crazy how much space 2 humans and 2 dogs take up, lol!!

I'm just grumbling :blush:

When I'm home I have a cat and a dog on my bed. We have a small burmese, and somehow she manages to take up half our king... she loves to sleep under the covers and press her feet against you... essentially pushing you further out of the bed... Our dog managed to fall off the bed once, so he tends to sleep on the floor after initial cuddles. :) I miss them so much!!!

Oh, I feel unwell if I lie on my back, too. Heart starts beating harder and oxygen feels low.

Lucy, if you fail the 2-hour you are considered to have GD.

Happy to report I don't have GD. The MW said all of my numbers looked great, not borderline or anything. Whew! So glad that first tri weight gain didn't bite me in the bum!

Awe, AK, that's rough you're not getting sleep. You might need a cosleeper for the pups! I couldn't handle oh close to me. We have a king and have a no cuddle policy once were ready to really sleep. Lol! But were going to bedshare for a little bit with baby so I'll be moving a little to his side to make space for baby between me and a bedrail. Guess well adjust, but he runs hot! Right now were far apart, just me and my enormous preggers pillow. :p

Not yet got the new parent jitters, still crazy excited. Just got tons of clothes from family. Yaaaayyy!!!

Awe, AK, that's rough you're not getting sleep. You might need a cosleeper for the pups! !

Guess what? They DO make cosleepers for dogs:

https://www.armsreach.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=122

Holy cow!! Hahahahah!!

LOL!!! Get an arm's reach for the LO and the puppies :).

I wanted an arm's reach, but they don't sell them in Germany :'(.

The armsreach is what im getting for my LO! I think we are getting the esprsso with dots design and im going to dress it up with bits of pink to make it more girly.

Im ordering mine offline.
Sarah do they ship to Germany? Or do you have family outside of Germany that could order it and then ship one to you? Sounds like a hassle but would be so worth it! Except the sheets. I am not paying that much for a set of sheets. I think Gerber makes a bassinet sheet that fits the co-sleeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->