November Due Dates (cont)

Oh wow, that seems quite cheap for all that. Although, I'd rather take my own things. But when you work out the baby clothes and everything, starts to look pretty reasonable. And then you don't have to pack it ;)

That' s such a great idea for your basics and if you are living a busy lifestyle!

So here we are Monday, Monday. Tell me why I don't like Mondays lalalala!

Had such a great weekend. My parents have literally bought everything for the baby and even me. Bless them, cant believe it. My parents just turn up with mothercare bags etc
They have bought the pram, wadrobe, cotbed, mattress, car seat and the list goes on. My mum even bought me the expensive body butter and nipple cream and the entire of the boots mother to be range (random):blush:. They have been so generous we keep saying no. I feel so lucky to have my parents and cant believe how spoilt we have been. They are on some sort of mission, we joke and say we may just hand the baby to them when she arrives lol

Any ideas on gifts or something I can do for my parents, they wont except money? I feel I need to do something special, not sure what? x

Can you take them out for a nice dinner? That's kind of my go to!
So lovely of them! I know my MIL means well, but I really don't trust their judgement on what to buy :)!
Maybe you could get them a large framed print of the baby when it comes?

ha ha their judgement is pretty spot on, better than my own sometimes.
I like that idea lots of photos and frames. I will need a lot of photos to repay this kindness lol.

Charlie - Her bags look great, and defiantly worth the money with the amount that goes in!
I'm really looking into getting one, but then i do have a lot of that stuff already here, it's just if i fancy going out and buying it all new, especially for my hospital bag lol.

I did have a mummy to be treatment, it was called Yummy Tummy. My bump had a massage with a warm serum to hydrate and smooth the skin, LO loved it, she was kicking all over the place, then whilst the serum was soaking in i had a facial and a head massage. Oh my god, it was A-ma-zing! :D

Whatwill - That's soo lovely of your parents! Have you thought about maybe paying for them to have a weekend away somewhere nice?
I do love the photos idea though. One LO is born i'm thinking of doing something like this -

imp_img4_0202123.jpg

I think they look sooo cute and can easily be made :)

xx

Love this idea!

That massage does sound amarzing!! I want one. Where was the spa? was it a chain?

It is really lovely, i'm thinking of getting some made up for both my parents and my grandparents as they have all been supportive though-out the pregnancy. I'm not sure whether to give it to them as a thank you gift or wait till Christmas.

It was on the North Devon Coastline, i don't think it is a chain though. We don't seem to have many chain hotels down here, i don't think...lol.

xx

Did you have to lie on your back? funny if it was your front a whole in the table for your head and bump! lol

Might be off to Devon for a trip soon then!

Lucy... that sounds sooo nice!!

Whatwill.. your parents sound amazing!! And how exciting to get all those goodies!!

Phin..... :hugs: thinking of you!!

My OH finally put his foot down to his job. I have been feeling really off the last few days and really puffy. Gained 4lbs in 3 days (mostly fluid) Took my BP and it was 137/80 and my pulse was 117 bpm. I know thats not really all that bad but it has me concerned with the increase in BH and overall feeling like crap. OH's job called him yesterday and said they wanted to send him 5 hours away (6 hours from our hospital) and he wouldn't be returning until Saturday. He told them he did not feel comfortbale leaving me home alone with the way I've been feeling. He informed them I have a doc's appointment Thursday and if the doc thinks it's ok he would do one more trip down south, but that would be it until I deliver. I was super proud of him and suprisingly his job undserstood and said that would be fine.

I had to kind of lie on my back, but so i'm half sat up, if you get me?

The thought of having to lie on my front with a bump hole made me chuckle lol.

Momma - So glad your OH put his foot down at work, especially with the way your feeling.

I too have been feeling odd lately, starting to feel sick and like i could pass out. Also i get major hot flushes.

On the plus, i got my GTT results back today and they came back normal :D :happydance:

xx

Sorry your feeling like this, Phin. :hugs: Sometimes I don't know where my crazy pregnancy emotions come from. I wish they'd calm down!

So yesterday I had my first baby shower. It was lovely. There were about 12 girls from my department there. We ate the most scrumptious little veggie and cheese sandwiches, fruit, apple wontons, carrot cake, etc. So good! We played some fun games, opened presents, and chatted. I got a lot of cute little girl clothes, bath stuff, mobile, nursing cover, diapers, safety covers, swaddling blankets, I forget what all. It was nice.

That sounds awesome Med. Especially all the food :haha:

I have my first shower this saturday (family and friends) and then another on Monday. Im ready to see all the cute baby things, and finally be able to see what I still need to purchase myself. The monday shower is from my old employer, and my mother who still works there said alot of people are giving cash :happydance: fine by me!! Then I can get the things we still need to purchase! I can't wait!

Hurrah on your results!:thumbup: hot flushes are the worse I tend to get pink in the cheeks any way but they are something else.

Momma - Sounds like you have coped really well with your OH working away and the distances. That sounds amazing having 2 baby showers surely you wont have anything left to buy afterwards.

Maybe that what my parents are doing given us some sort or baby shower as its not really big where I am from.

- baked plum pie

So off topic but, I was thinking of making a healthy plum something a rather last night. I was thinking cobbler, but couldn't find any good recipes :'( Might have to end up being a crumble...

Mine's really healthy, except for the crust, which I sometimes even leave out. I mean, the crust is just pie crust, neither horrible, nor good. The filling consists of plums, one teaspoon of brown sugar, tiny bit of vanilla extract, cinammon and two cups of plain apple sauce, no sugar added. It's really tasty and easy to make. All of my pies come with apple sauce, in place of corn-starchy, or whatever other things that are supposed to keep the fruit together.

We had our last appt with the doc over here before leaving, got forms signed (with the EDD from LMP rather than from the ultrasounds, just in case the airline is a bit precious about taking someone on at 31+2 when their deadline is 32w) and we got to see the little Troll - only he's really not so little any more! He was playing, grabbing at his feets and letting go, grabbing and letting go... SO SWEET! Doc measured his head and tummy, head is now measuring further ahead than belly (belly was 2 weeks ahead at 20w scan and I've been paranoid about GD since), but we've been assured that's ok, normal etc. Also got to read through my notes - they picked up the AP at my 12w scan but didn't tell me, gah! That could have saved some worrying, too.

He pricked my finger and had a quick read of my blood sugars (perfectly normal reading, yay!) and I hopped on the scales... no gain since 24w! Which means, baby's gained, but I've *lost* which is AWESOME. I'm seriously starting to think that I might come out of this with a smaller butt as well as a small baby! :happydance:

My BH seem to have dissipated somewhat, I only noticed yesterday when going to bed that I'd not had any that day at all :wacko: and none today either... but I know that Troll is doing great, so I'm just enjoying the freedom!

Phin - we love youuuuu!

MommaB - GL with the shower!

MedGrad - apple wontons sound amaaaazing... gimme!

Lucyjo - welcome back and I'm so jealous! Sounds like you had a wonderful time :D

Whatwill - we're planning on doing Troll photos in frames, little hand/footprints etc as presents for people - either Xmas or thank-you's.

:thumbup:

Yay for your OH, MommaB! It's nice he won't be leaving (as much) anymore.

Phineas, I hope you feel better.

Nothing new in Badgerland. Just work. Ick.

hmmmm all this food talk has made me hungry ... especially for pie but cherry pie nom nom!!!

whatwillbex - how lovely of your parents!!! My mum always makes me a blanket for them- like with cross stitch on it with the theme of Winnie the Pooh. She then adds their name, weight and time of birth when they're born! :) It's a keepsake and has gone straight into their memory boxes as there is NO way I'll let them destroy these :haha:

MIL only bothered with Stephen - she got us the cot and that was it - but it was good enough for us as we were skint. Henry she didn't bother with and I'm actually quite surprised she's not got anything for this baby, what with her being a girl and her obsession with girl babys!

mommab - yaaaaaay for your OH saying no! One more thing to NOT stress over :)

MommaB, AWESOME News!!
Medieval, sounds so good, I love carrot cake O_O
Jazavac, I should have gotten apple sauce today :( I almost did but then... didn't...

Charlie the blanket idea from your mum is priceless. What a lovely idea. My OH Mums is on her own mission of making these gorgeous ballerina cardigans. I love it when people put effort into home made items. Means a lot.

Love my rents so much. Doesn't matter how old you are, they still seem to look after you one way or the other. Me and my siblings always joke as when we have family gatherings we are all dressed from head to toe in clothes bought by the rents lol and we are all in our 30+ even our OH's are too.

Just to think our journey is about to begin, I hope I can do the same for my daughter when she is older.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->