November Due Dates (cont)

No more ultrasounds? Wow! So basically you won't even know the exact position of the baby?

I'm getting another scan on Tuesday and then I think we'll be switching to twice-a-month schedule.

No more unless fundal height is like 5 cm over it seems.

They palpate to find baby each time I'm there. Last two times they said he's head-down. Not sure if they can tell anterior/posterior. Would be so nice to have a scan. :(

MommaB, :hugs: to you and best to your dad. Hope everything is alright. Medicine is amazing these days, so if someone isn't dying of late-stage cancer they can likely save them. He did the right thing going in!!

I've had 8 scans in total, my doc has a portable ultrasound in his room and prefers to look and see what the baby is up to rather than guess. From the last scan on Monday, we know that Troll is head down and likes playing with his feet :) It takes 2 minutes to check everything is OK.... rather that than have someone poking and prodding for 10 minutes trying to feel for what the hell is happening in there.

Don't think I'll get any other scans as the midwives in the UK will have all the details from my 12w and 20w scans... but that's ok - I feel spoiled enough as it is!

oh_so - I read all the birth stories (all of them) and if it's all good stuff I'll let you know. If it's definitely a scare story then I'll put a warning on it on here! I know where you're coming from on this one, just breathe deep, you'll be fine :)

edit: so far, aegle and sarahjb look to be positive births, looking forward to the actual birth stories!

Oh, on the note of scans vs palpation, I will tell you that some of the midwives are none-too-gentle with the palpation. Especially when they are putting their hands down under my pubic bone to feel baby's head. So uncomfortable!! Wish I could get the scan instead!

Thanks so much for the heads-up on the birth stories. :flower: I appreciate it. I really like reading birth stories, I have just been coming to the realization that mine is not so far away and some of the things I'm scared of I didn't used to be, but now am because of a few of the birth stories. I would just prefer not to go in psyching myself out! I will check out aegle & sarahjb's. =)

I am the same I have never burped in front of anyone. Even been to the loo loo if you know what I mean. I have only ever been at home, I have never done it out and about. So it scares me even more at the thought of doing it by accident in front of someone on labour day.:blush:
I feel I may just die on the spot lol

Am I the only one?

Bugaboo - I bet the sneeze hid the sound lol

Nope, you're not alone. I don't even like OH talking to me with the bathroom door closed unless I'm just peeing. I hope that I forget about it during labor, having my mind occupied with other things.

That's true, Im sure I will be too occupied to think about anything other than the task in hand lol:dohh:

What I don't know doesn't hurt me, right!:thumbup:

Oh_so - if you're also reading the ones in the actual birth stories forum, then silverpenny and jaydensmommy are safe also. Not read those much as I tend to catch them on the 3rd tri boards before they're moved :p

That's true, Im sure I will be too occupied to think about anything other than the task in hand lol:dohh:

What I don't know doesn't hurt me, right!:thumbup:

Exactly. Let's just hope we aren't thinking about it at the time. And, even better, like you said, maybe we'll never know. I'm A-OK with that!! :haha:

Lol, I'm quite farty too especially since being pregnant, but my poor DH has gotten used to it. I wouldn't choose to do a #2 in front of anyone though, my DH has been spared that joy & I'm sure he's glad for that. I guess things might change when I've got little baba with me as I guess the poor mite will have to come with me...

Just on the train back home for my midwife appt :)

I've had scans at 7 weeks, 14 weeks, 20 weeks and I have 1 at 36 weeks too because I'm overweight. I'm not complaining though, I think I'll feel better knowing LO is in the right place & all is okay.

Lol, I'm quite farty too especially since being pregnant, but my poor DH has gotten used to it. I wouldn't choose to do a #2 in front of anyone though, my DH has been spared that joy & I'm sure he's glad for that. I guess things might change when I've got little baba with me as I guess the poor mite will have to come with me...

Just on the train back home for my midwife appt :)

I've had scans at 7 weeks, 14 weeks, 20 weeks and I have 1 at 36 weeks too because I'm overweight. I'm not complaining though, I think I'll feel better knowing LO is in the right place & all is okay.

Oh, I've been gassy, too. I am really secretive about it, though. For some reason I find public gassiness really embarrassing. Even just in front of OH, or family. Will be glad when it's over.

Oh, I have a midwife appt today, too, in about 6 hours. No scan, as I've said, but always nice to hear baby's little heartbeat anyhow. And, I get to see what I've gained in weight in 2 weeks since I refuse to step on the scale outside of the office. lol!

wait... people poo in front of other people? I'd totally pee, but poo... no.......:nope:

No, me neither, but some couples do. I certainly wouldn't feel sexy if my DH had seen me poo! I'm a bit concerned that I could join the number of people who've pooed on the delivery table, not very dignified, but neither is lying with your legs open whilst a bunch of people examine your hoohaa, so I guess whatever happens happens :shrug:

Lol my oh poos, wipes and all in front of me! I do usually walk away as he wipes but he doesn't care either way! I've never pooed in front of him! I even prefer weeing in front of him than farting lol! Belching is different tho I actually don't find that rude, just normal!

Oh didn't know there's a chance I can wee/poo/ fart in labour lol I farted with DS but nothing else! Oh no sorry I weed on the dr when he had his hand up me and pushed on my belly (that's just a silly thing to do IMO lol)

Just home from my appt everything grand, also I'm getting another ultrasound booking to make sure placenta moved up a bit and cause I had a bleed at 20 weeks so just to check everything's ok! Woopp! Hopefully it'll be in the next few weeks!

wait... people poo in front of other people? I'd totally pee, but poo... no.......:nope:

My OH does it in front of me and i find it utterly disgusting. im like PLEASE close the door! I am not interested in seeing, hearing, smelling any other person's poop except my baby. Hell im not even interested in that.. i just have no choice lol

on another note. --- i am in so much pain today. the agony in my lower stomach is unbearable. Its like i can literally feel my baby bulging out. its hurts to even get up and walk. I swear these next few weeks cant come fast enough. Lord please give me strength.

You ladies crack me up :rofl: Convo goes from scans to bodily functions lol

Thanks again ladies. I have not heard from my mother this morning as I assume they are trying to get some rest. Hope the docs can figure his meds out soon. I called my dad yesterday after his surgery but before he went to the ER and its not a comoforting feeling when your dad is talking about getting baptized. He knows something is not right. But I have faith.

As far as the convo with scans goes, I only get one. My insurance only pays for the one at 20 weeks to check on development. I did have one at my 8 weeks appointment in the office because when she was doing my exam she said I felt small and wanted to check fetal size for my conception date since I had 2-3 peroids a month so It was hard to give a LMP (even though I KNEW when I conceived) I had to pay for the one I got recently. They will only do another if its medically necessary. So If im measuring big, or to small I will get one. Untill then no more scans for me.

As for bodily functions, I could never do either in front of OH :haha: I get pee shy. I was lucky when I pushed with my son for 3 hours I didn't poo. I did however pee all over the nurse once I got my epidural lol. Since Im doing the repeat c-section this time, they have me do an enema at home before I go since I will not be allowed to get up after surgery for 8-12 hours. I have never done one before and am a little nervous about it :blush:

I would faint if my OH pooped in front of me. I have a sensitive gag reflex:haha: Funny I can handle nappies, they dont seem to bother me. Potties however are another story.

Sorry thats my fault:blush: I think I started to talk about bodily functions this morning:haha:

Oh my, the conversations that go on in this thread do crack me up!!

I might as well join in though ha ha. I would never poo in front of anyone, however peeing i don't mind. My OH is the same as me, so at least we are on the same page there!
Farting and burping is another matter, we have competitions to see who can fart/burp the loudest...very lady like! :haha:

Talking of scans, I've have 3 so far, and that's it unless there are any problems. I saw there was a petition going around to try and get 3rd Tri scans available on the NHS. I don't really see the point though because if all is going well with the pregnancy why would you need a scan?

I had my midwife app this morning, all fine, although i do have one little worry. When she measured my fundal height at 28 weeks i was measuring 30cm. I am now over 31 weeks but still measuring 30cm. Does that mean she hasn't grown at all in 3 weeks?!

Hope you are all having a good day :) xx

I wouldn't worry Lucyjo. If the midwife was worried she would say. I think they say babies can measure 2cm below or above.

ha ha farting competitions, who wins? lol

The measurements are always a little bit iffy I think. I'm measuring 30cm but I'm pretty sure she measured to a different point in my pubic area than the last time! She's probably grown but you've stayed the same, she's just got less room now :)

So I finally met my actual midwife today! I think I was so surprised to finally meet her at 31 weeks that I forgot to ask her about this hip pain (it's been a bit better today)... D'oh! I'm so annoyed at myself & I won't see her for 3 weeks now.

Baby is happily head down (for now) and she says s/he's running out of space so hopefully will stay that way :happydance:

Just heading off to buy some things for my hospital bag now...

She said it was all fine, but she said if i am still measuring 30cm in 2 weeks time then i will be sent for a scan. I know fundal height can be really unreliable though, i don't know why they still do it.

It depends...if I've been on the Gaviscon then i win :haha:

xx

I gotta say I don't really care that OH poos on front of me! I actually do think Jesus u really r comfortable round me lol he gets embarrassed tho if say his bum is sore an he wants sudocream haha I've never seen him embarrassed round me until he asked me where it was! If I have the runs tho (thanks pregnancy lol) hell just go u ok? So he knows I know he can hear me, but I just always go ye I'm ok and hell cuddle me up!

Momma I hope they get ur da sorted. I'd be the same, very upset hearing him talk like that. We always think our parents spec dads for some reason are invisible!

I think we get a scan at the end in third tri here, to check head down etc but tbh I think I agree if preg is going ok then u should be ok! Ye I'm delighted I get to see baby and can't wait to see how big he is, and I know DS is super delighted he gets off school to come with me, but if they hadn't of offered me a scan I know we'd be fine without!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->