November Due Dates (cont)

I can not imagine what she looks like if we were to have a scan now apart from the norm a baby.
She must look so different from her 20 wk scan. Aww they grow so fast...

I haven't had any Gaviscon yet is this the affect it has? crazy trumps? I maybe jinxing myself but I haven't experienced heartburn yet, what's the catch?

Yay for good appointments! :happydance:

LOL, it makes me wonder why doctors get into the business of baby deliveries... It's pretty funny what we can cope with if we just rationalise it. I'd be ok with a bit of pee in labour, but pooing would horrify me :'( I do hope I get the pre labour expulsion :O LOL. Serves him right, Phineas! Pushing on your belly, what did he think was going to happen :D

Enema is probably just embarrassing rather than bad, just try to remember they do it all the time and it's all medically relevant! Deep breaths.... :)

Was she nice bean??
I never remember to ask the doctor anything :/

destynibaby, are you taking something for the pain?? There are painkillers you can take, and it's not worth it if you're in agony :(. Have you tried pushing her? I sometimes can get the LO to change positions if I prod her enough.

I've only had two ultrasounds this whole pregnancy, and there's no talk of any more! So we shall see.

As far as pooing on the table, my doctor made it sound like practically everybody does it. So I am trying not to think about it.

After my childbirth class, the only thing I am really nervous about is being INDUCED. It sounds awful. I just have this FEELING that I'm going to go over my due date, so I hope LO decides to appear naturally before a week has passed over my due date.

Okay so I had to catch up on some pages. I wasn't on much last night because putting DD to bed was a NIGHTMARE. I don't even know when she eventually went to sleep because DH let me go to bed (around 2 am) and he finally got her to go to sleep at some point. It was soooooooo FRUSTRATING.

Anyway!

As for SCANS: I only get 2 covered here. An early ultrasound for dating and the 20 week anatomy scan. We paid out of pocket for a 3d ultrasound a couple weeks ago. From what I found out my last pregnancy, my OB determines whether or not baby is head down by where they find the heartbeat, because that is closer to the head. If they find the HB really low down, then baby is head down. I imagine they would do a scan if they suspected baby was breech.

BODILY FUNCTIONS: My husband is the only person in the world I can let loose and not be completely embarrassed. Though sometimes I don't have the greatest control and end up embarassing myself in public. DH is like "How can you NOT hold that in?!" It's not like I WANT to do it! LOL. I did not poo in my first labor, hopefully I won't in this one either. I would be mortified.

BIRTH STORIES: I was considering digging up my birth story for DD and posting it. I don't know how detailed it really is, but I would call it a positive story for sure!

MOMMAB: Thinking of your dad and hoping everything is okay with him. :hugs:

Sorry if I'm missing anything!

MommaB, I hope they figure out what's up with your dad and that he gets better.

I don't particularly care about poop during delivery. Shit happens. :shrug: :lol: I just don't want to puke, not because I find that to be embarassing, but because I have more than just irrational fear when it comes to that. Ugh.

It seems that most US insurance companies cover one or two scans during pregnancy, but my doctor does them anyway and never bills the insurance. I've had a total of 11 scans so far and I'm getting our next one on Tuesday. Then probably one every two weeks, etc. The doctor also does them as part of the regular yearly checkup, too, which I love. He says he can't tell we're all okay if he doesn't actually see it. So far, the only things he's sent to my insurance have been: first prenatal visit and scan, 20 week scan and my glucose challenge test. Another hospital branch sent in my NT scan as well.

I hope I get another measurement scan this week or early next as I've not gained any weight in the last two weeks.

As far as the bodily function bit I'm so over it. DH had to get a portable potty for me to go #2 on because I was heavily medicated with a catheter and my nurse was a little too far to get here quickly enough. It was horribly embarrassing but DH did well and I had him vacate the room as soon as I was settled on the potty.

Ok I want to throw a hissy fit....here goes :brat:

My first baby shower is this saturday. I invited 25 people from my side (not sure how many OH mom invited but I think only 5)

Of the 25 only 11 are coming. I have been getting text messages the last few day of people saying they can't make it. Most of them are my classmates, who i've spent the last year and a half with who all wanted an invite but then backed out and really dont have a reason. And the kicker is these girls are texting me atm, wanting to know what questions are on our test for tomorrow night. Uh, yea right, you can't make time for me, Im sure the hell not going to help you out.
This one though pisses me off!!!! My own sister-in-law is not coming and she didnt even have the balls to tell me. Her one year old son had an appointment for a haircut last saturday. She ended up not going and rescheduled the appointment and made it for this saturday, during the time of my shower so she is not coming. My brother was the one who mentioned he was getting his haircut at that time so I reminded him my shower was the same day. He pretty much just shrugged it off. Its not even about the damn gifts, just wanted people ther for support more than anything, ESPECIALLY from my own family. I have childhood friends driving an hour just to come that I havent seen in 10 years, yet my own SIL who lives 20 minutes thinks a haircut at the exact time of the party is priority.

Sorry ladies, brat time is over :brat:

Being honest I never thought it was the gaviscon just thought its part of the hb itself... I dunno tho lol when I get hb my whole insides r sour. I'm all bloated and sore, and I would fart better than 20 men after drinking lol

WTB I presume with there being 3 lil babies in u, they r pretty regular with giving u growth scans r they? I hope ur next one shows 3 strong healthy babies who's just giving mammy a break from weight gain! Fair play to ur oh too lol I know mine wouldn't care either, hell he just rang to say the slurry tank exploded on him hell need a shower so he's well used to pop lol but still ha!

Momma I'd be very mad too! I've noticed even with christenings/Parties in general more ppl bow out of going. My family's partys used to be jammed but over the years we've all started to stop making as much of an effort! It is sad but I don't think it's summat we can change! I would be mad at ur sil tho... He could get his hair cut another time!

Did you put lots of affordable stuff on your registry, MommaB? I could see work colleagues or schoolmates not going because it's expensive to buy a gift. Just a thought. I'm sure they meant no harm. GL with it anyhow. :)

My aunt was so kind, bought me the Beco Gemini, the activity gym and a sheet set and muslins all off my Amazon list. I got them last night. I feel so blessed to have family. :)

That sucks that she thinks a haircut should take priority, I'm sure she could reschedule. It's horrible when people cancel too :hugs:

I used to be very shy about passing gas, etc, in front of my DH, but then I had food poisoning on our honeymoon & spent a lot of time on the loo in the en suite... let's just say, it probably didn't sound good... I would't like him to see me poo, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't like to see me either, but we're pretty comfortable other than that - peeing, farting, burping... Haha, I love our chat!

Yep, the funny thing is no one is buying the more affordabe things. I think half my registry items are under $20. Things like gowns, sleep sacks, towels, blankets, bottles, baby bath tub. These girls that I invited, well lets just say they are very well off, and dont work weekends (of the few that even work)

Just goes to show you about how some people are I guess. Oh well. Guess they better start taking better notes in class cuz this momma is done helping them out :haha:

As for my old-work mates, they are amazing! They are throwing me a shower monday night (it works best with there work hours) and the list is up to 20 people. Some of the ladies coming I dont even know if I ever spoke to them (I worked for a large retailer) but they know my mom and family. Alot of them are going in together to buy things, which I dont mind a bit. Every little bit helps atm since I am not working.

MommaBerry, rant away. I was right there with you as my MIL (who later decided to show up) said she couldn't go due to her needing to clean her kitchen and work on her yard.

My SIL was actually livid with her mother because she literally brought nothing but herself to the shower.

Lovely.

oh, MommaB! I would be livid! She's rescheduled the haircut once, I'm sure she could do it again... and he's 1! I'm sure he won't be upset if the cut needs to be pushed back one more day.

LADIES - you're back to being very chatty again on here - yaaaaay! :)

SCans - we're only supposed to get 12 and 20 week scans... but I got one at 10 weeks (we thought we were 12), 12 weeks, 2 scans at 20 weeks (one just confirming the spot on her heart), 22 and 23 weeks (the last two being cardiac scans for the spot on her heart). However, the cardiologist gave us the all clear so no more scans for us - but that's good enough for me! :)

Bodily functions - my OH will do whatever in front of me and doesn't care. I can only pee in front of him ... when he takes a 90 minute bath and being heavily pregnant sometimes I have NO choice but to wee :haha: I didn't poo having my first but my second I did (he was a big boy bless him) and I remember shouting out at the time "Oh my god I'm pooing" ..... how classy is that! I'm hoping no poo this time, but considering this baby seems to keep giving me the runs :blush: I doubt I will lol.

Mommab - I'd be pissed too! She's family for god sakes!

Afm ... my daughter has now started to dislike certain foods, which is identical to my first pregnancy. From 35 weeks with my son I could NOT eat Bolognese (would throw it up a few hours later) ... well yesterday I had bolognese with a jacket potato and just threw it up :( Any ideas why your body just rejects a certain type of food suddenly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->