November Due Dates (cont)

If it was me, I would def ask him to stay!! No sense in feeling uncomfortable when it's his family and there friends.

Not to mention (this is how I worded it to my OH) technically the shower is for the baby, you are just the portal that holds the LO. So OH should be there since it's his LO too.

I would assume WTB is going first. ;)

So, I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to organizing my hospital bag. I know I should start working on it, but I don't know what to prepare. Arggggggh.

So my second shower is this weekend. It's being put on by my SO's mother at her church 4 hours away, where they live. We are going down there to visit for the entire weekend. I don't know many details about this shower at ALL, but I do know that I am not going to know 95% of the guests. Some of his extended family members will be there and some church ladies.

So yesterday she called him and told him there were probably going to be no guys there (he had originally wanted a co-ed shower in his hometown) so she thought it would be OK if he just came for a few minutes at the beginning to say hi and then left to go visit his dad.

Even though I am a naturally talkative person, I think I am going to feel a little uncomfortable there knowing almost no one. Of course I know his mom and sister, but the MAJORITY of the guests are going to be complete strangers to me. I think I would feel better if he was there, but I would feel selfish for taking away visiting time with his dad (his dad and girlfriend smoke in their house so I won't go inside over there). I can't decide whether to ask him to stay with me or not. What do you think?!

If that was me I'd certainly feel uncomfortable in your position and ask my OH to stay. You definitely shouldn't feel selfish for asking him. I think its a bit much to expect you to socialize with all these people you dont know!

My appts are for now every 4 weeks until I'm 34 weeks then 2 weeks and at 38 weeks it's weekly. When there's gaps tween m we've to see the dr every second week just to get urine and bp checked!

Charlie it was u who had a funny turn bout a week ago where u puked and had the runs didn't u? Did u have cramps and feel really off/weird and bh too? I woke up this morning and keep gettin sick, if I'm not sick I'm belching that it's like the sick gets stuck (sorry). I've the runs one min then keep running to the loo like I need to go.. And nothing! My belly is rock hard and I've a cramp right cross the top of my bump! I feel so off!

Tbh I think I'm gonna go early! I just have a very strong feeling! I didn't with DS and I went over but this time I think I'll go early! Can't wait to see the first of our this is it!

If you're going to be uncomfortable without him, I would see if he wouldn't mind staying a bit longer... especially since it will be awkward opening gifts from these people and not knowing the person that gave it to you, whereas he'll know most if not all of them and can help you thank the right people.

Yes, not to mention all his extended (cousins, second cousins, even further away) family and church ladies don't know ME, either, and I am sure would appreciate having him there so they could feel like somebody they know is opening the presents instead of a complete stranger!

Med, is SO willing to stay with you? Or is this a conversation that has yet to take place?
Honestly I wouldn't care what his mother wants, (sorry if that seems rude) but she is not the one that is on display, awkwardly at that.

I keep waiting for our first "this is it" story! I know it's coming soon... I wonder who will be the first to go?

I know right!!! How exciting will that be.

I dont think it will be me. Hmmmm who could it be??

I certainly know it won't be me! I'll probably the last one in the group. I fully expect this baby to come in December :haha:

My due date by LMP: 28th Nov
...by 12w scan/ovulation: 24th Nov
...by 20w scan: 16th Nov

I'm expecting to go late because although DH was a due date baby, my mum was induced with me because I was late (she's fuzzy on the details as to whether I was a week or 10 days late). What I'm not sure of is when he'll actually arrive... if he's gonna be BIG and ready early, he may well come closer to the 16th date. If he's gonna be a lazy bum, you may not see me pop til December :p

My brother was at his wife's baby shower (the only guy there) and that was with all ladies she KNEW. I don't think there is anything wrong with him being there for you and helping you to know who you are thanking for gifts and being a social go-between for you.

I find myself in the mindset that I'm going to go early too. Maybe not as early as with my daughter, but still early. Not that I have tons of premature labor risk factors. Just that my daughter was early (with no reason - she was just ready) and I got pregnant with this one when she was 7 months old. I really shouldn't think that way though. Then I'll be bound to go late and get really grumpy about it, lol.

1eighty, my mom was also past due with me... She was due to have me in November and my birthday is December 17! Yikes! I know they won't let me go that far over due, so at the very latest he'll be here by December 5. :)

Phin - yep that was me! Happened last night too - sick, runs, then kept getting braxton hicks etc. I found I had to have a sugary drink and to lie down/nap for it to go away. Someone said it's probably low blood pressure/sugar levels :shrug:

If you think you'll be more comfortable, you should definitely ask him to come with you.

My bridal shower here in the US was organized by my mother in law and she and her sister, along with my husband's grandma, were the only three people I knew. My husband was not there, but I lived. I suppose the fact that my own mother and sister were there made it better, but I do admit it was all pretty damn awkward.

Med, is SO willing to stay with you? Or is this a conversation that has yet to take place?
Honestly I wouldn't care what his mother wants, (sorry if that seems rude) but she is not the one that is on display, awkwardly at that.

We haven't had the conversation yet. I was taken aback yesterday when she suggested that he should just come for a few minutes at the beginning to thank and greet everybody. I told him I thought it might be awkward, but didn't yet ask him to stay, and we moved on to other topics.

Yeah, usually at baby showers the mom (and dad, if there) sits in a chair in the front of the room with all the other ladies in an audience around her to ooh and aah as she opens gifts. I just think that's going to be kind of weird to open cards from people I don't know and to turn around blankly and say, "Thank you!"

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that they are throwing me a shower but it just seems like it would flow better socially if he was there!

Charlie it was u who had a funny turn bout a week ago where u puked and had the runs didn't u? Did u have cramps and feel really off/weird and bh too? I woke up this morning and keep gettin sick, if I'm not sick I'm belching that it's like the sick gets stuck (sorry). I've the runs one min then keep running to the loo like I need to go.. And nothing! My belly is rock hard and I've a cramp right cross the top of my bump! I feel so off!

I had something like that 2 weeks ago. I was fine all day and evening but just as I was about to go to bed I started feeling awful. Horribly sick and woozy. I thought maybe I was winded from climbing the stairs (I've recently moved from a bungalow to a house where the bedroom is 2 floors up) and went to bed hoping to feel better if I lay down. I awoke a couple of hours later in agony and spent the rest of the night and following morning sitting on the toilet with horrible, really painful diarrhoea and I had to keep my head in the shower in case I puked. Apparently it can be a normal thing in the third trimester and may be cause by the baby shifting about and the sudden change of pressure to your digestive system.

If you think you'll be more comfortable, you should definitely ask him to come with you.

My bridal shower here in the US was organized by my mother in law and she and her sister, along with my husband's grandma, were the only three people I knew. My husband was not there, but I lived. I suppose the fact that my own mother and sister were there made it better, but I do admit it was all pretty damn awkward.

Hm, that's true. I would live! Unfortunately, my mom, sister, and other family all live 9+ hours away, and won't be coming to the shower. Sometimes it stinks to live way in the middle of the country equally far away from everybody, lol!

My mom and sister were here only because of the wedding (actually, my brother was here, too, but he was not invited to the shower, haha). They all live in Europe. ;)

Ugh was hoping u had come to a conclusion Charlie, I got her to check bp and sugar at my appt and both fine! So not that for me anyways! I think the pain on top of my bump is just from walking to far, but every thing else I just can't put my finger on what I've done that I'm feeling so odd over! I'm also super thirsty if that's any addition ha! Gonna be up all night weeing!

Oh thanks springer! Did it last long? I think the runs is a prob I've had a few days and just not noticed, can't member when I last did a normal poo! I hate being back getting sick! Think I feel worse cause I need to wash my hair but feel so crap I just dont care lol

Oh thanks springer! Did it last long? I think the runs is a prob I've had a few days and just not noticed, can't member when I last did a normal poo! I hate being back getting sick! Think I feel worse cause I need to wash my hair but feel so crap I just dont care lol

A bit less than a day. I was still having some diarrhoea the next morning but it went away by about midday. I felt like crap for about 2 days though. I was so wrung out and exhausted from it. Weirdly my bump shrunk enormously so I was a bit worried he'd dropped very early but once I was able to eat and drink more over the following week it came back so I think it was just that I lost a lot of weight and fluid and that made my bump seem smaller. It's bigger than ever again now.

Oh and to add insult to injury it took me 4 days to have another poo, by the end I was feeling horribly bloated and constipated.:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->