November Due Dates (cont)

Yes, no cervical checkup/vaginal exams for me at my 36 week checkup today. She basically said there's no point in checking me now unless I was showing signs of going into labor, which I definitely am NOT.

After testing me for Strep B, they said if I had it they wouldn't do anything until I went into labor in the hospital, when they'd start antibiotics. I'm pretty cautious about it because my mom's cousin's baby died shortly after birth due to an infection from the mother carrying Strep B.

Might not do the Hep B vaccine, but will definitely be doing all the others.

There are no other vaccines on our schedule, at least not that early. We'll go for the vitamin K, though, and likely the eye ointment, too.

SarahDiener
Pregnant (Expecting)
Chat Happy BnB Member

I feel so in between atm! It's like... I could go at any moment, but I still could be 4 weeks away!

This is exactly how I feel, although I could cry at the thought of going another 4 and a half weeks x

I don't know much about the HepB vaccine... why would you opt out?

We don't have weekly appointments in UK. It's 2 weeks or 3 weeks unless itsbaby number 1 when you get seen at 40 and 41 weeks. We also don't get any internals, which I'm quite happy about, until we get to 40 or 41 weeks when they offer a stretch and sweep. I have my next appointment this wed and after that I won't see midwife again till day before my due date eek!

Oooh it's scary to think after the 23rd October the next time I'll see the midwife is the day after my due date :shock: Eeeek Mrs Bertie you've made it seem so close!

I'm on weekly appointments - I'm alternating between my community midwife and my obstetrician! x

I'm no longer sure if I mentioned it here the other day, or just in my journal.

Basically, HepB vaccine is a good thing to do, but the chances for a newborn to get in touch with the disease is pretty much nonexistent, unless the parents have it.

So we'll do HepB, but later in life, when the kiddo is about to, say, around 14 or 15. It's really highly unlikely that he'd be starting his sexual life prior to that, or doing drugs, etc.

I'm no longer sure if I mentioned it here the other day, or just in my journal.

Basically, HepB vaccine is a good thing to do, but the chances for a newborn to get in touch with the disease is pretty much nonexistent, unless the parents have it.

So we'll do HepB, but later in life, when the kiddo is about to, say, around 14 or 15. It's really highly unlikely that he'd be starting his sexual life prior to that, or doing drugs, etc.

My doctor suggested doing the HepB vaccine either at birth or 6 months to a year later, so the debate with me is whether to do it at birth or not. The doctor seemed fine with it either way.

I had to get a Hep shot (I cannot remember if it was for A, B, or C) when I was like 12/13 because my school had used some questionable strawberries in the school lunch for strawberry shortcakes. Not until after I took the shot did I remember that I didn't even eat the strawberries that day, just had cool whip on a sponge cake, lol.

full term baby!!! 37 weeks today. finally!
at first i was tired of being pregnant because i was constantly in pain
and now im just bored... sitting.. waiting.. annoyed. blah. :(

anddd i just noticed im a watermelon!
definitely feels like im carrying one.

Full term baby dance! :happydance:

I don't have an appointment till the 29th :( 3 week gap wtf?!?!?!? (doctor went on holiday, great timing). I'm doing Vit K! I don't know about hep B here. I've never had one personally.

Yaaaaay for reaching 37 weeks Destyni :) :)

This baby really doesn't feel that heavy .... with my first two by this point they felt like watermelons - this time she feels so much smaller? Think I should worry? :shrug: I had a slight prolapse with Henry because he was bigger - but no problems like that this time around either.

We don't do hep b here .... don't think? Unless it comes with their 8, 12 or 16 week jabs .. but we're doing the injection for Vit K at birth :)

My DH was reading a baby book (that I told him to read ;)) and he suddenly asked "do they do Vit K here???". I was like "yes honey, they asked us if we wanted to do it at the pre-reg"... apparently he doesnt actually listen to what people say :)

Charlie I feel small too. I'm 2 weeks behind u so I know that doesn't count, but bump def doesn't feel big! It's more in my pelvis and crotch area that I notice it, oh there and my chest! Hb is still rolling, thought dtd was meant to help them out not push them up :( I gave out to oh for pushing him back up lol told him he's banned from there until baby's locked tight and can't move!

Also it's official... I don't have a bug... I've morning sickness/morning clear outs! Dunno what this is bout at all tbh, but I got sick again this morning, I'm pretty wiped like I was yest... And bet come 3 ill be flying round!

I'm meant to see the nurse today for my check, so if I can ill ask her to get the dr to give me summat for the hb!

As for vaccinations we do them all! And Im joining baby, gotta get my rubella one again! :( we can be grumpy together lol

Cannot believe some of ye r nearly 38 weeks... That's crazy!

38 weeks is pretty scary... I'm not 37 yet, but the idea of 38 is freaking me out. It's so close! Eeeekkk!
Painting the nursery today :happydance: then need to clean carpets & put the room back together before cot etc arrive on Thursday. Busy busy week!

Ooohh exciting bean! I was contemplating painting, but we only rent and don't plan on being here for long so no point! Ill do like DS's room and stick up pics etc!

Sarah, hepB is kind of a newer vaccine, so I don't think it was even on the regular schedule anywhere, for most of here, if not all.

I've not done it myself either. My immigration paperwork asked for it when I was permanently moving to the US, but I have no idea anymore how I got to avoid it. Perhaps someone somewhere stamped the box, saying I was good to go. I know I got out of the HPV requirement simply because of my age, which is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->