November Due Dates (cont)

It traumatizes me when I see women at my stage giving birth!!!!!!!!!!! I read that the mom of 10 has just given birth at 35 weeks 2 days. I am almost 36 weeks now!!! Cannot handle such information, lol!

Not sure, but I think I remember seeing her post in a thread a couple months(?) back that was asking what gestation everyone had their babies, and her list every one of them came sooner than the one before. Except I think this one is later than her previous baby... I could be wrong. I have heard that can happen with several births (look at the Duggars!).

I think if you had your baby now you would be likely not to have any real issues, but better if baby waits a week or two!

I'm the opposite mediveal, I like knowing that babies born round me 35 weeks tomorro are ok and at a small but okish size, just in case anything happened! It kinda reassures me!

Reassures me, but is kinda freaky at the same time... mostly because we have a fairly teeny stash of tiny baby/newborn items (loads of 0-3 though).

Friend of ours who was due to arrive on the 18th/19th has pitched up early... now stressing about what we can do to entertain him for the extra week! We hadn't even planned the week he was due to stay with us yet :p He was meant to be hiking in the mountains, but his "waterproofs" weren't "Scotland-proof" and he's had to give up or risk hypothermia/trench foot :p

Oh I have nothing early baby and very lil newborn too!

Eek hope u can find summat to entertain him, only thing is hopefully it'll pass an extra week for u!

:haha: I have loads of newborn and hoping baby comes soon so we get some use out of them :rofl:

Ours is mostly 0-3, with a few newborn bits & bobs. Not expecting a tiny baby- even now I reckon my LO is at least 7 lbs.

I have a few onesies and sleeper things for a newborn. I kind of think we won't wear any of those, anyway, because they seem way too small for a hippo-sized newborn. And, well, a hippo-sized newborn is what I think we're getting. :lol:

We'll see what his estimated measurements will be on Monday.

Bet cause I think I'm having a small baby and ye think yers will be big, it'll be the other way round! Lol

Any reason why ye think ye have big ones? Although Jaz I love that U call bab hippo lol I always smile reading that!

My estimated measurements on Tuesday were 5lb 9 so I'm hoping it comes soon and I get a nice little 6lber :haha:

Well, at 31 weeks and just a few days, the hippo was 1990 grams (4lb 3oz), which was the 75 percentile. Four weeks later, I expect him to be ... huge.

I don't really have any other info that'd lead me to believe we have a giant, though. No diabetes here, my bump actually isn't too big either, etc. At the same time, Croatian newborns tend to run (a lot) bigger than average American babies, so we're overall expecting something a little bit above the regular schedule for our local hospital. Even at our geneticist meeting prior to conception, they said it was harder for them to predict things for us, since we're a mixed couple. Nothing too exotic, though, just two white people, but still, different than what goes by the book, she said (I'm 100% European - Croatia/Montenegro mix, and my husband is Norwegian/German).

Either way, hippo just has to be a strong baby. For the past few days, he's been making me feel (un)reasonably awkward. Whatever he does still isn't uncomfortable or painful per se, but it makes me unable to sit at times, as he tries pushing upward. I suppose he wants to stretch... all the way into my esophagus and mouth?!

I'm expecting a big baby as my second was HUGEEEE and the midwife said a couple of weeks back to expect another 9-10lber ... even though she is NOWHERE near as big as my second was by this stage :haha:

I guess it depends on how long baby stays in the belly. DD was almost 7 lbs at 36 weeks.

these period like cramps in my ass are working my last damn nerve. smh

Did you take something for them? :3

My baby was 6lbs 10oz at the last scan (at 37weeks), and 47cm long, so any more growing is just from one end of the normal scale to the other :). It's supposed to be up to a lb off though, so she could be 7lbs10 or 5lbs10.

I'm guessing, jaz, that DH and I actually have similar genetics, even though we come from other sides of the world :). I'm British/Norwegian/Scandinavian (like most british/british emigrants) and he's German(I think there might be some swedish in there somewhere!). Wow... looking at all that Scandinavian blood, how is it I'm so short?!?!? :p

I just feel like the baby is already big... Or maybe just strong. It's back runs the length of my bump & seems to have a chunky derier like its mum!
Me & DH were both 8.5 lbers, his bro & sis were both 9.5 lbers & his dad was 10 lbs. My sisters were 7.5 & 9.5, & their babies were 7lbs 14 oz and 8lbs 15oz... I'd be surprised if ours was under the 8 lb mark.
I'm measuring right on & haven't measured ahead at all during this pregnancy, but I just feel like its gonna be a chunky bundle. You never know, I might be wrong & get a pleasant surprise...

Lol, yeah, it would be a nice surprise if they come out a reasonable size :).
I was 9lbs, my siblings were between 7-8lbs. DH was 7 and his siblings were 6!!! I'm I'm guessing around the 8lb at full term :).

Me and oh we're both just a little over 6lbs, and I'm quite short so I'm not really expecting a whopper! Ill be surprised if she's over 7lbs 4oz (random guesstimate of mine). We were both early by a week or 2 though so if she stays in past due date (which I'm kinda expecting) then I suppose I could be wrong! Still getting very excited now

I have been told to expect a 7 - 8lber, if not bigger!! Help!!
I was born 10 days early as my mom was induced and I weighed 6lbs 6oz. OH was on time and weighed about 7lbs. So anything is possible.
I saw a midwife on Thursday at the hospital and she said that baby is 1/5 engaged already. Seeing my usual midwife on Tuesday. Will see what she has to say then.

The way this little acrobat has bouncing around today, there is no way she is coming anytime soon! HELP!! This evening I was sitting and had her stretching her head down into my butt and her butt was up under my nose!! It was soooo sore!! She was even making be pop off even though I was trying to hold it in. DF was not impressed!! :rofl:

I'm pretty sure my baby is a giant. He feels utterly enormous in there. (It doesn't help that the last two people I know who have had babies have had premature twins in both cases, so I know my baby is already bigger than theirs were when they were born.) I've been saying it to my husband for a couple of weeks that I'm getting pretty worried about how big he is and he keeps saying; it'll be fine. Then this morning he could see the baby sticking out of my stomach and he was feeling him and was shocked by how huge he is. He tried to say he understood why I had been getting a bit worried about the birth but he couldn't stop smiling. He just kept feeling my stomach and grinning, so so proud of his big son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->