November Due Dates (cont)

Well my oh thinks the opposite, that baby feels tiny and why do I complain so much lol ye baby feels small compared to our DS who's 7 but Janey it's hard to still carry round!

Oh I'm 35 weeks today :) as much as I want baby here... It's still so surreal! I cannot picture it at all! My mam brought up our changing station today and its sitting in the sitting room.., was so weird moving some of DS's things to fit it in... I keep looking at it trying to imagine actually using it lol!! DS is obsessed with it and wants to wheel it round lol

Im stalking this thread constantly waiting for this is it stories :haha:

Having tons of period type pains this morning and most of the evening last night. Can only hope that means my body is getting ready :happydance:

And.... The longest I have to go now is 2 and half weeks before she is here!! So exciting :thumbup:

Sounds good MommaB!! :)

I have nothing to report. Other than complain that yesterday pretty much everything below my waist was hurting me. My feet (and I was barely walking around that much), my hips, my groin... Oy!

Ouch Bookity!! Sounds terrible!!

I don't think Im going anytime soon. Although my mom swears that I am having her the 17th :haha: I can honestly see my going until my c-section date.

My teacher swears he has a salad dressing that will put me into labor (he used to be a L&D doc but now works peds and teaches) and said he would bring it to me this Thursday night in class. Im tempted to see if it works lol.

So if any of you ladies missed it from a month or so ago, we have a Facebook group now!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236383723150584/

You're free to join, it's a closed group so none of your family/friends will see what you post :) Just join and then introduce yourself with your BNB ID!

I just tried to join... it says there are only 18 members, is that the right one?

MommaB, if that dressing works, tell your teacher we want the recipe! LOL! I'll be 34 weeks on Wednesday, so in 3 weeks I'm serving up the eviction notice! I am so uncomfortable these days... so ready for him to be here! As for size, DH and I are both certain he's going to be a big boy. I had an appointment on Friday with my doc and I'm measuring 1 week ahead, not that fundal measurements mean much...

I agree - if that dressing works I so want the recipe!!! 37 weeks already and ready to get my figure back. Had enough of this little miss pushing out at all angles and hurting me! Last night she was pushing up under my ribs and at the same time pushing down into my butt (Making me pop off!!) Cue DF's disgusted facial expressions!! :rofl:
Lucky for me I was in the privacy of my house!!

Yep MRS that's the right group. I forget who started it though lol. They will add you once they see the request :thumbup:

Im scared to try to dressing, but if he remember to bring it I will probably wait unil Monday to try it out. DS goes to his dad this weekend and I want to make sure he is home when it does happen :haha: But if it works I will beg him for the recipe lol.

EEK! 35 weeks tomorrow. Feeling like these last few weeks are dragging, but i know it will be here soon. I can't believe october is half over already!

Bookity- We are due the same day, and yesterday I had the same exact problem . Everything hurt from the waist down. I seriously felt like she was going to push herself out! I keep getting contractions, and cramps from hell too, but every time i think they are getting more regular they stop. All very reassuring though that the time is getting near:happydance:

I also requested to join the facebook group:) Name is victoria huntley.:thumbup:

No contractions for me.

DD was crawling all over me yesterday and at one point pushed on my bump and when she did I got a really sharp pain in my cervix, like she shoved baby into it or something. OUCHIE!

Wow feels like baby is headbutting my cervix tonight. Genuinly feel like she's so low that if i gave a little push id give birth right here and now lol! Hope this means she's engaging.

Yeah, that's would be cool Wandering! I think my LO still isnt always engaged, she kind of bobs around :)

Momma ill take that receipe too if it works lol there is a receipe in third tri but dunno what it is, it's meant to help u go into labour!

Can't believe we're on the home run for some of the earlier nov crew!

I feel so in between atm! It's like... I could go at any moment, but I still could be 4 weeks away!

I'm exactly the same Sarah- ready for her to come any time now but know it could still be a few weeks. I keep telling myself I'm going to go overdue so I'm not just sitting around expecting her to come along!

So if any of you ladies missed it from a month or so ago, we have a Facebook group now!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/236383723150584/

You're free to join, it's a closed group so none of your family/friends will see what you post :) Just join and then introduce yourself with your BNB ID!

I just tried to join... it says there are only 18 members, is that the right one?

MommaB, if that dressing works, tell your teacher we want the recipe! LOL! I'll be 34 weeks on Wednesday, so in 3 weeks I'm serving up the eviction notice! I am so uncomfortable these days... so ready for him to be here! As for size, DH and I are both certain he's going to be a big boy. I had an appointment on Friday with my doc and I'm measuring 1 week ahead, not that fundal measurements mean much...

Yeah, my fundal measurements have always been a week behind but today they were one week ahead! Whatever that means!

Ok, I am so horribly behind on everything, arghhhh. The dr. appointment took my whole morning, but then I decided to just be even more late for work. Just because I can. Rawr. :lol:

I'm behind on the FB group because I can't view it from work and there are way too many notifications on the phone to make like ANY sense out of it. I'll report on there as soon as I get home, which is in about two hours and that makes me happy (man, I'd love to work part time these days, wow).

I'll also just horribly copypaste what I just wrote in my journal, too, because it's just easier, haha:

35w 3d - another appointment

Mr Hippo measured 5lb 14oz today. Ok, the weight is just an estimate, within 20% of what the computer says (they use the Hadlock scale here), but he's still on the 70th percentile and therefore a little bit hippo...ish. His head measured a few days behind, but his belly was a few days ahead, of course. Oink.

Everything else was really good, too. My blood pressure is still pretty low, 110/64, so they were very happy with that, considering how far along I am. My urine's fine and my strep B swab will actually happen next week when I go back in (we're now on a weekly schedule, too, wow).

We had a chat about the whole strep thing, too. If I test positive (and there's a 20% chance for that), I'll need a penicillin IV when I come in to give birth, as well as a bit more of than fun stuff for both of us after the hippo comes out. I asked if I could get tested today and then put on some sort of a therapy right away, if the test came back positive, but the doctor said it would pretty much do nothing at all. If I am a carrier, it means I'm a carrier, not actually infected and there are no antibiotics pretty much that would clear me out of the colony. It's the baby who we need to protect, and it's not yet been figured out who can and who can't pass the infection onto the baby.

So if I test positive, I'll get the dose when I come in to deliver. It won't be anything even remotely close to 4 hours of constant IV, but instead just a one-time thing that takes about 10 minutes to drip into my system. Then I'm good to go, as in free to resume my whatever program of suffering I choose to be on.

So I guess it'll be what it'll be. Perhaps I just won't have the strep, right?

Vaccines... we're putting off until I deliver. That was the doctor's recommendation and it pretty much sounds similar to what I discussed with my chief immunologist friend, too. We're not giving the baby the HepB vaccine for sure, though.

And that's pretty much it. The doctor doesn't do any routine vaginal checkups, but they did bring it up because I have the right, of course, to demand them. I said no. The doctor had no reasons to go look under the hood and, at the same time, I chose to simply not know anything about engagement/effacement/dilation because, well, what would I do with that info? Likely just google my ass off and find a million reasons to stress about.

The doctor said we're good to go, should Hippo decide to come out. He's good size, head is down and my external signs (as in symptoms) are showing that things are starting to progress (pretty big discomfort in my pelvic area, plus some lower back tension, plus the stabbing from yesterday). So if I go into labour, they'd let me just get it done. If I don't, even better, of course, because we have some weeks to go. The amount of fluid was great, the baby's HB is perfect, kidneys look good and my placenta is on the right side, way above the cervix with just about no chance at all of detaching and/or going out first. So that's all good.

The doctor also agreed with me on no-cervix-check, because there is nothing we would do at this point, regardless of the result.

I'm up 10 kilos total (22lbs) from my starting weight and the doctor is very happy about that, as well as other things, such as my levels of everything, including blood pressure. He said, again, to just keep up the good work, because in his practice, he doesn't get enough of easy patients. Well, that was nice to hear, for sure!

My next appointment is on the 25th, which is just next week. Whoa. We're really getting there. :shock:

Wish my weekly appts would start already. I have to wait for 37 weeks before they start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->