November Due Dates (cont)

Yup boobies leaking ere since 16 weeks! I too have to express a but a least at night or my right one goes so sore! I'm guilty if letting oh play tho... Ops lol I never get cramps tho and he doesn't sit for hours fiddling lol if he is teasing me tho as in for dtd I know when he's only after been at my nipple kinda feels like when a baby doesn't latch properly... It's kinda weird but suppose they now for bump not him ha!

R all ye gonna bf? Even tho I've leaky boobs I've decided against! I will for the first feed then it'll be ff!

I plan to BF exclusivly for at least 6 weeks. Then I may start to alternate between pumping and feeding. I know it makes OH jealouse as he wants to be able to feed the baby and have that bonding moment her. But I told him after 6 weeks we shall see.

I've had leaky boobs for quite a while now, but yeah, don't express as it may bring on contractions. It's hard not to *check* if they're still leaking tho, so they get a wee squeeze once in a while...
Haha, I just bought myself a new maxi dress too! Mine is from new look & was only £9 in the sale :happydance: I'm having a pre-birthday party tomorrow so had to have a new dress ;) ... Turning 30 on Wednesday :s

Yeah I plan on bfing if I can & baby is getting enough from me. Fingers crossed!

I plan on bf, but I'm headed back to work after 6 weeks and DH will be a full time SAHD. He loves kids and I make about twice as much (or more) than him since he's in construction and the baby will be born when work is super slow for him.

So my plan is to bf for 4 weeks, start pumping and introducing a bottle between 4-6 weeks, and then switching back and forth depending on whether I'm home or at work. I'll be pumping at work so DH has a supply to feed her with.

My ultimate goal is 1 year, but I'm realistic enough to say that if I make 6 months then I will be proud of myself. I hear that pumping and feeding that way when you work 40 hours a week can be really tough (however, my mom did manage to do it for both my brother and I for a year each).

Thats my goal to linz.
I would love to do it for a year, but my goal is 6 months. My first son was formula fed as I had no desire to BF and was also working full time in a salon. No time for pumping around all the chemicals. But the price of formula is so expensive that I feel BF would be best for the both of us.

I am however a full-time student so Im going to have to pump at some point. Im lucky enough that my proffessor next term (who happens to be a pediatrician) said since the baby will be here 3 weeks before term is over, I am more than welcome to bring baby to class with me since I will be BF for the last weeks of fall term to finsish up class and take my final. Then I took the winter term off so that I would have a good 13 weeks at home adjusting before spring term starts in March. I should have a good supply in stock by that point.

Oh, that's nice of him!

I am basically the same as you two. BF for up to a year if I can, and I want to express too. I want my husband to be able to do some feeds like early morning to let me sleep a bit... It's also nice for him to be able to be involved...

So I've been looking at pumps... I'm supposing I will get a philips (avent) one. But electric or hand? I'm thinking hand because it costs less so wont be as bad if I don't succeed with it...

I plan to breastfeed exclusively for at least 6 months, which is the shortest amount of time I'll be off work. The more, the better. If I have to quit my job, I will. :shrug: Screw you, America, and your nonexistent maternity leave. At least it's easy to live on one income, heh. After that, if I choose to go to work, or will have to, I'll pump.

I had some leakage from my left boob a while ago, while I had some weird case of semi-mastitis, but it went away on its own. They're even less painful right now, too, so I'm okay with that.

As for the MIL situation... I suppose mine's okay. She's a caring mom to her son, for sure, and she tries hard with me, too, even more than I can tolerate at times. I think she feels kind of responsible because I chose to move continents to live with her son, which is ridiculous. No idea what things will be like when the baby is here, but I'm kind of sure she'll follow our rules (she's in a way scared of me :lol:). I do believe, though, that any issues with the in-laws should be dealt with by their respective children. Otherwise, the whole deal just becomes a huge mess.

I'm planning on BF'ing, but not sure how i will get on with it. So my plan is to breast feed for the first 6 weeks then if all is going well and smoothly to continue until baby is 6 months.
I would like to express though so my OH can get a chance to feed her, but i'm not really sure when the best time to start expressing is? I have a year off work and haven't decided if i will go back, so i have plenty of time :)

As for the leaky boobs, it hasn't started here yet. I hear that it just doesn't happen to some women.

xx

So I've been looking at pumps... I'm supposing I will get a philips (avent) one. But electric or hand? I'm thinking hand because it costs less so wont be as bad if I don't succeed with it...

Sarah - if you're going to be a stay at home mom, a manual hand pump will totally work just fine. My sister in law stayed home and bf for a year with her son and only needed a hand pump occasionally.

However, if you're going to be pumping at work, hand pumping both sides can take 30 mins to an hour from what I've heard. A good electric double can do both at once in 15 minutes.

I originally was looking at the avent double electric, but then just decided that the Medela electric was the way to go. Since it's still cheaper than formula, I figured I'd go for the best I could afford, and it's only $70 more expensive than the Avent.

Sarah I was looking at avent as well. I am going with the uno electric since it is both electric and manual pump. I cant shell out that much for the double electric. If I was going to be working it would be worth the investment though.

And Jaz you are so right!! Our maternity leave here is a joke!! 6 weeks is not long enough. My doc says she will clear me to return to work after a c-section in 6 weeks. I lift for my job are you kidding me!!! Blah to her. Im not going back after baby. Just keeping the insurance until the lo arrives and then my job can shove it! They already replaced me anyways and I havent even been on leave for a month!

Yeah, everyone here seems to be going for Medela, electric, two-side things. That's for women who work.

Back home, nobody even buys pumps. Most women stay at home for 12 months, and after that, things get figured out.

Yeah, I will be at home for 12months at least. Unless we move somewhere I can work! I think it'll be fine with just a hand pump, I just want some freedom to go to the gym or sleep for 4-6hours or something :)

You ladies said you would start pumping at about 4-6weeks, is there any reason? Is that when your milk kicks in more, or to do with work or what not?

I too am planning on BF as long as possible. I will be returning to work for 3 days when baby is about 8 months so might need to express from about 7 months so she can get used to the bottle. Will remain open minded as I have no idea how this will all work out for me and baby.

Yeah, I'm trying to stay open minded. I want to BF, but it doesnt work out for everyone :(

Sarah its just whats recommended. Sometimes baby can have a hard time latching when switching back and forth from breast to bottle. But there are cirmumstances that some women have to bottle feed right after delievery and there babies had no problems when switching to breast.

I would love to BF this time ... and my aim is to BF and not use formula (with three children and a lot of bills formula is going to be an added cost we don't really want). However, I'm keeping an open mind after not doing it for so long with the boys - big big regret of mine

I bought the Medela Freestyle since I'll be hauling to work and back, didn't want anything heavy. I was looking at the Ameda, but read too many complaints for the beeping noise it makes all the time. I almost got the Medela PISA, but it was just to heavy/bulky. I got the Medela Freestyle for < 300$ after tax so I'm pretty happy with that. I'll be returning to work when baby is maybe 2 months old, so going to start pumping a bit sooner than that to build supply, then start introducting bottles for daytime feeds from daddy at around 6-7 weeks. OH *may* be a SAHD for awhile, he still hasn't decided. We shall see...

As to BF, I plan to try to keep with it at least 6 months exclusively, then introduce some solids and by 1 year hopefully we'll be just BF morning/evening and no need to pump. I'm hoping to let baby self-wean. Anyhow, you never know how things will work out, we shall see. :)

So for hand pump would you say medela or advent? there is actually a new Medela on ebay for 1euro closing in 3 hours... but hand pump not electric.

Im for avent, but i think its what you prefer. I love there bottles (used them for my son, no leaking, no collic) and the reviews are good for all there pumps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->