November Due Dates (cont)

Theres a great website called breastfeeding.com

Its kinds of like this one but it pertains to breastfeeding. Has a section for getting ready for baby (breastfeeding) that answers lots of questions some of us may have.

I just signed up for it myself but hope to learn as much as possible before baby gets here

I think I'll go with that too. I also don't want to stay up till midnight to bid on this, I'm already falling asleep! :p

My mum actually used to be a BF coach, I kind of wish she was going to be around when baby is born :(.

fab!! Thanks for that website!! I have it up and will take a look at it in a bit

ok, turns up it's a electronic one! DH might stay up to bid, he likes saving money! :p

Yep planing on BF for 6 months, I bought the avent 'natural' hand pump and some bottles. Apparently they are good if your switching between boob and bottle. I'll prob just feed most of the time but want to be able to express so DH can have a wee go at feeding! Hopefully it'll work out for me and bubs! x

I need to grab a manual, too, even though I have the electric. I'm told that at first it can be preferable, especially to get the nipple to pop out so baby can latch. Anyone tried more than one of these things? I might get the Medela since I already have their electric so have the bottles that come with it. I think that's pretty low priority, though, as most people end up searching through a few bottles anyhow, no?

You ladies said you would start pumping at about 4-6weeks, is there any reason? Is that when your milk kicks in more, or to do with work or what not?

The reason you don't want to introduce a bottle right away if you don't HAVE to is because bottles can give off much more milk than a breast would. SOME babies (not all) prefer the bottle because they can get so much more milk, and faster that they will reject the breast when given to them in preference to the bottle.

However, if you wait until 4 months to introduce a bottle for the first time, the baby may reject it because it is so accustomed to you.

They say there is a "sweet spot" in the 4-6 week range where the baby is used to you and won't reject the breast because you've established a routine, but is still open minded enough to accept a bottle as well.

BUT, take it all with a grain of salt, as some kids like food no matter how or when you introduce different ways to feed it to them. These suggestions are just in place in case you end up with a picky LO (which of course we won't know what kind of eater they'll be till they're here). So that's why we're saying 4-6 weeks to introduce a bottle.... also I'm going back to work at 6 weeks so LO better be used to a bottle by then or she's in for a rough ride!

Yeah, what linz said. Some babies just learn to like the bottle and all the food that comes out, and then start being fussy about the breast because it requires work!

Good luck!

...and it reminds me, I should probably make an appointment up in the Cities for mine. I've not even called them yet, so I have no clue about their wait times, or anything else.

Ok I'm only one so far for ff! I have read up bout it a lot and from experiences around me I've decided it's not for me! Fair play tho anyone who does it, much respect!

Ohh exciting wandering say u can't wait :)

I didnt do it with my first phineas. At that time in my life it wasnt for me either. Breast or bottle your LO will be just fine. Its a personal preference, and if its not for you, then your doing whats right. :flower:

I need to grab a manual, too, even though I have the electric. I'm told that at first it can be preferable, especially to get the nipple to pop out so baby can latch. Anyone tried more than one of these things? I might get the Medela since I already have their electric so have the bottles that come with it. I think that's pretty low priority, though, as most people end up searching through a few bottles anyhow, no?

Soooo, turns out it doesn't include the motor :(. Anyone want me to send them a bottle/boob attachment thing??????

Totally feeling in limbo.
2nd tri definitely no longer applies to me and all the stuff going on in third doesnt either.
this pregnancy has flown by, now i think the draggggg starts.
i took my glucose test 3 days ago, and she said usually the results are back the next day and they will only call if i need further testing. Havent heard anything, so hoping its good news.
its 2:22 am here and im freaking boreddddd.
OH is at work and im losing my damn mind.
i need a puppy or a friend or something ugh!

Yeah, the jump from 2nd to third is a bit big! Everyone in third always seems to be talking about birth and only birth! I need a puppy too :( It's 9am and I'm already bored! LOL! Can you not sleep yet?

Nope. I dont see sleep in the near future.
i guess ill try to find something on netflix.
ive pretty much scanned every thread on this forum lol

At the moment I scanning through all baby stuff on Ebay about to close in the next 5 hours... :)

ive banned myself from ebay. my little one wont need any clothes, shoes, or diapers for at least the first 2 years. im addicted!

LOL! I'm not that bad, I also couldn't be bothered figuring out what seasons I'd need to buy for what age... So mostly I have first 3 months.

I'm awake earlier than planned, had such a crap nights sleep. I wish we could have hot days & cool nights, not this muggy kicking the covers off type of nonsense!
How is everyone else sleeping? Except you Destiny, who doesn't seem to sleep at all!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->