November Due Dates (cont)

Just scrolled back to catch up and aww love hearing everyones pregnancy stories! Crazy how different everyones story is and the amount of time everyone tried for etc!

Lucy that woman is ridiculous! There was absolutely no need for her to make that comment as its totally untrue! You'll know if your hurting LO im sure. They're very protected in there!

As for maternity wear i just wear size 14 leggings these days and those cheap stretchy vest tops from primark. Comfyness has definately over taken fashion at the moment :haha:

On another note,Im sick of worrying every time baby has a quiet patch so i've decided im going to get a doppler! Any one recommend any good ones? :shrug: I ideally want one that tells me the heart rate!

With my first I remember waking in a puddle of colostrum a few times. Haven't noticed anything yet this time.

I have noticed itchy/sensitive nips lately. Haven't been able to squeeze anything out though.

I know Wandering, some people are just plain ridiculous.

I usually live in those stretchy tops and leggings, sooo comfortable!, however when i do make an effort, like today, i get slated ha ha. Ah well!

I bought my angelsounds doppler from Amazon for about £20. I used to use it all the time in the first few weeks, now i just use it a couple times a month, it is well worth the money though so would defiantly recommend :) xx

Ooh yeah ive heard good things about angelsounds, they seem to be the cheapest as well. I didnt get one earlier in my pregnancy because i was worried that i wouldnt find the heartbeat and freak out but my midwife cancelling my appt today was the last straw cus i was really looking forward to hearing it!

Its really annoying actually.. I got a voicemail last night saying my midwife had to cancel our appt this morning. She didnt give a reason for it and said to just come to my next one in 2 weeks rather than make a new one. I cant help but feel annoyed! I really look forward to my midwife appts! Plus i wanted to ask her about the whole measuring small thing :(

Wow! Today's been busy in the November forum. :p I am LOVING the stories, ladies. Here's ours in a nutshell:

I wanted to start trying because I have PCOS and very irregular periods and was told by my doctor that I was probably just having anovulatory cycles. OH was not on board to try, he wanted to wait until September to start trying as he'd hoped to get into his school of choice by then and then by the time baby was due it'd be summer. So, we had been pulling out to prevent. Well, he had, I wasn't so on board with that. ... We had been having a lull in our sex life around February, and didn't even have sex on Valentine's day because we went out and had greasy food and just felt blah. But, next day we dtd and OH did not prevent. Well, that was it. Amazing! I had been tracking my temperatures since X-mas, no ovulation and no AF... but now looking back at my chart I see the very slow rise in T around that time and it's amazing, but it worked. I feel very blessed, hence the handle. I'm not even a religious person, but there is no denying this was meant to be.

Of course, now OH and I aren't getting along so fabulously. But, I'm just taking it as it comes. If I get out of this with just the baby that's okay, too. I tried with him, but not every relationship makes it. Love isn't everything, sadly. :(

I very love my baby boy and I love your stories, Ladies. Although I didn't join BNB until quite late seeing as I had no idea we were pregnant for a good long while, I am glad to know you all now. :hugs:

And baby's doing like a shuffle to night instead of kicks?? Any one else get this? My whole belly just wobbling every few mins... Crazy child lol

Yep, LO shuffles back and forth quite a lot. He's a busy body, that's for sure!

As to the boobies, mine went soft a few weeks back and haven't hardened back up. They are also not sensitive. I'll update if any change.

As to the maternity wear, well, given the amt I gained I wouldn't be able to wear anything but that or XXL men's clothes. I have a 43" waist, now, so me and OH are same. lol! I am lucky I bought the maternity wear big in the beginning, well, most of it. I have outgrown a few things, but most I've grown into. I've still got 4 pants, 1 skirt and a handful of shirts that I'm able to shuffle through, so just holding steady for now. Don't at all like the idea of buying more maternity wear. Seems like a waste of money as I haven't a clue if I'll ever be pregnant again. I am hoping to make it the couple/few more months in just what I've got now. If not I'll move on to spandex. lol!

Its really annoying actually.. I got a voicemail last night saying my midwife had to cancel our appt this morning. She didnt give a reason for it and said to just come to my next one in 2 weeks rather than make a new one. I cant help but feel annoyed! I really look forward to my midwife appts! Plus i wanted to ask her about the whole measuring small thing :(

Awe, that's too bad she canceled. I must have missed the measuring small thing. Is it fundal height? They are +- 2 cm as per my midwives. I'm about 1.5 cm over, but she is not concerned at this point. So, if you're just a tad low I'm sure it's nothing to worry for. GL with the doppler. I wanted one in the beginning, really until I felt kicks I considered getting one on a bi-daily basis pretty much. lol. But, lo is pretty active now. And, best part, if he slows down I can just go in now since we're in the kick-counting phase anyhow. So, I'm not going to invest anyhow. But, if your lo is a calm one it might be worthwhile for that peace of mind. :)

Urgh the heartburn! It BURNS!!!!!! I swear I feel like a dragon that's about to breathe actual fire and set my house alight! Been drinking milk but it seems to be going all sour and smelly in my belly... I am gross lol x

Awe, that's too bad she canceled. I must have missed the measuring small thing. Is it fundal height? They are +- 2 cm as per my midwives. I'm about 1.5 cm over, but she is not concerned at this point. So, if you're just a tad low I'm sure it's nothing to worry for. GL with the doppler. I wanted one in the beginning, really until I felt kicks I considered getting one on a bi-daily basis pretty much. lol. But, lo is pretty active now. And, best part, if he slows down I can just go in now since we're in the kick-counting phase anyhow. So, I'm not going to invest anyhow. But, if your lo is a calm one it might be worthwhile for that peace of mind. :)

Aw that makes me feel a bit better thanks. Im 2cm under but ive googled it and every one seems to say its fine so im not worried now. Maybe i'll just have a small baby! Yeah i wanted one in the beginnning but my boyfriend kept telling me id become obsessed with using it.. so im determined not to let that happen! Im only gona use it if i go for a long period without feeling her kick which seems to happen once every 3 or 4 weeks ive noticed. Think the boyf has only agreed to get me one because we've been to the hospital about decreased movements 3 times now and he's sick of going ha ha.

Ahahaha lillio that's way I am! It's seriously manky! If it's not one end it's the other but tbh
my mouth is even smellier than the bottom half lol! Sexy lot we r ain't we lol!

Oh so the shuffling is weird lol just when I think oh ok I get u helm kick really hard to shake it up a bit! DS was lying on my belly pretending to snore and baby kept shuffling away haha was kinda funny tbh! Sorry but glad uve soft boobs too lol although tbh mine feel like they r deflated but during the night when I wake they r hard and tender!

Wandering have u an iPhone? Have u tried the my baby's beat app? We should be big enough to hear it now! I wanted to get a Doppler but even if he is quiet I have a few kicks once I relax so Im not bothered to get one!

Ahahaha lillio that's way I am! It's seriously manky! If it's not one end it's the other but tbh
my mouth is even smellier than the bottom half lol! Sexy lot we r ain't we lol!

Oh so the shuffling is weird lol just when I think oh ok I get u helm kick really hard to shake it up a bit! DS was lying on my belly pretending to snore and baby kept shuffling away haha was kinda funny tbh! Sorry but glad uve soft boobs too lol although tbh mine feel like they r deflated but during the night when I wake they r hard and tender!

Wandering have u an iPhone? Have u tried the my baby's beat app? We should be big enough to hear it now! I wanted to get a Doppler but even if he is quiet I have a few kicks once I relax so Im not bothered to get one!

Yeah they tried to get us to hear the LO's heart beat in birthing class today!(with a funnel tube thing) My LO was in a bad spot though. And the midwife says soon we can (if lucky with positioning etc) be able to hear it with the naked ear?!!!

I know I have absolutely no right to be whining or complaining right now, but I was seriously bummed this morning at our prenatal appointment.

I started this pregnancy way too heavy - 205 lbs (5'4).

As I started out heavy, I was hoping I wouldn't gain a lot.

When the heaviest I weighed in was 211 around 4 months or so, I was thankful it wasn't higher...and then at the next appointment the weight had dropped to 207, and then at my last appointment, it was down to 203!

I was like, SWEET! I'm going to come out of this less than I weigh now!

But then today, they weighed me and I was 206, so basically back to where I was pre-pregnancy, except now I have a ~ 2lb baby/placenta/whatever else inside of me.

I know this is no reason to be upset! But I am! I'm now terrified that between now and the next 11 weeks, I'm going to get enormous.

Again, I know this is silly to be upset about, but because of my body image issues and history of weight gain/loss (which has resulted in a stomach that has more stretchmarks than I wish), I just feel bothered by this.

Not writing this to insult or be wah-wah...just needed to vent it...:flower:

Vent away Hun! I get it tho the clinic scales put me at 3 kg HEAVIER than mine or my drs so I get very upset when they put my weight down on my notes. On my own and the drs scales I've put on 4kg which I'm like woohoo but on clinic I'm up 7! That's a hole nearly 7lb higher! :( but I know diff! I now weigh myself on my home scales before I have my appt that morning and it doesn't matter to them but it does to me!

I too have a screwed up weight gain loss issue.. (lost 6 st after DS and got the implant in gained it back and couldn't budge no matter what!) I've just tried stop stressing, eating as good as poss ( ha some days I'd put a sweet shop to harm) and just gonna worry when baby's out!) I did it once I can do it again!

Just try see it as babys growing well be ok! :hugs:

Hi
i just recently joined i am 27 weeks today with twins. Can't beleive i am in the third trimester already. i don't know the genders it will be a surprise when they come. my due date is nov. 21st.
seems like the weeks are just flying by way too fast.

Oh my gosh phineas the same thing happens to me! It even happened just this morning!! Had a prenatal appointment this morning and weighed myself just before the appointment just so I wouldn't be totally shocked and depressed by the growing numbers. Now since my last appointment I had gotten really sick and lost 4 lbs but then managed to gain all of it back plus another two pounds on my personal scale. So even though on their notes for me it would show the proper two pounds (gain a pound a week) I technically gained 6 pounds since my last appointment which was just two weeks ago!

So then I get to the office and do my usual weigh in and it's actually TWO MORE pounds then what I weighed in at home! So then I'm feeling even worse because they show 4 lbs since my last appointment and apparently I've gained 8 lbs in less than two weeks!! Say wha?!!

I know exactly where your coming from girls, weight gain is one of my worries.
I used to be a bit of a chunk about 2 years ago, really unhappy, got depression from hating my size, comfort eating etc...it was horrible. However i managed to get my ass in gear and lose lots of the weight and get myself to a happy, comfortable size. I stayed that size for about a year, and then i fell pregnant.
Now i know gaining all this weight is for a good cause but i'm worried that i will struggle to lose it all again once bubs is here and it will all spiral out of control again, especially having a newborn to look after etc.
I'm going to breastfeed as i know that helps weight loss and thinking about starting slimming world once i'm settle with bubs...i just want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight :)

Welcome Jackie, congrats on the twins, the first November twins :D xx

Young n proud it's really annoying isn't it! I wear same clothes more or less to my drs office as I do to the clinic, the drs scales say exact same as mine but nope the clinic make me heavier! I just don't worry any more! Itll be my scales I'll use after babies here so I'll stick with their reading! It just annoys me that by my scales I'm doing really well on weight gain but with theirs I'm flying it (when I can't afford to really!)

So im happy I did not send that nasty text to the OH last night.

He just called me to let me know he is in the ER down south were he has been working. Guess the saw he was working with malfunctioned and was coming straight for his chest. He managed to block it with his hand. It went right though his cut gloves so he suffered a nasty gash that needed stiches. The doc said if he wouldnt have blocked it and it would have hit his chest, it could have went right to the heart and instant death.

This same saw about took one of his co-workers fingers off last week. Odd his co-worker got his stiches out today and then my OH gets them put in. Now im going to worry until he is back home. His job is just putting him on light duty and wont send him home until friday :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->