November Due Dates (cont)

oh Mommab!!! How scary!!! Your poor OH!!!! :( They always say be nice to the one you love because you never know what could happen ... we all just take that for granted though at times! :hugs:

Love reading all these stories!

I'm actually also LOVING my maternity clothes. I got most of mine at yard sales (amazing that they fit!) or as gifts, so they didn't break the bank. Of course, I've been off all summer (studying) so I've been able to wear really casual skirts and dresses. But I can't wear all my SUPER casual stuff to school. It might get a little trickier once the weather gets really cold because I don't have a lot of bigger sweaters or jackets. However, I don't have any maternity exercise shorts, so I've had to wear my SO's big old athletic shorts to the gym. They go down to my knees and look RIDICULOUS but at least they're comfortable!

Oh MommaB! So sorry to hear that! Glad it wasn't more serious than his hand, that is so scary! :hugs: Maybe he deserves another glass of wine after that incident, and I would definitely tell him to stay away from that saw!

Im happy it was just his hand as well. He text me to tell me that the saw is now going to be scrap metal! Your right mrs...he does deserve another glass of wine, as long as he doesnt send me text again describing how good it is :haha: I dont think I could take it!!

As for maternity clothes I am def going to have to shop for a few more items. With fall right around the corner im going to need some new jeans. I would also love to get a new dress for my shower. Im getting tired of all the ones I have now, but dont want to spend a fourtune buying more clothes. Guess they can be used again since we are going to ttc when babes around 6 months and then this chicky is getting her tubes tied!! This oven will be closed for bussiness!!

Glad your DH is okay Momma. How scary!

I guess my weight gain so far is "normal", but I really hope I can getmicc- back to my prepregnancies weight.

Oof, MommaBarry! I'm glad it all ended, well, pretty good.

I fully relate to any and all weight-related stories. Gaining anything upsets me because I worked my ass off to shed way over 100 pounds before I got pregnant, was active, whatnot, and now the weight just keeps creeping back up. I've not really changed my lifestyle and I've gained only 5.5 kilos in all these weeks (belly/boobs only), but it's still upsetting.

For now, I just hope I'll be back at my pre-pregnancy weight the second my baby is born.

Sorry to hear about your OH momma!! Glad to hear it wasn't any more serious, but still scary!! Xx

Aw that makes me feel a bit better thanks. Im 2cm under but ive googled it and every one seems to say its fine so im not worried now.

I was 3cm under at my last midwife appointment so she sent me to see a consultant, when I got there they measured me and I was only 1cm under. I think sometimes babies position can affect it. I spent 5 days absolutely crapping myself thinking something was wrong with my baby.

Also re the doppler thing I got one in first tri and used it sometimes 3 times a day but once I started feeling movement its been in the garage untouched :haha:. I've got the angelsounds one, its really good. I've never had a problem finding the HB from about 12 weeks. One thing I will say is if you are experiencing reduced movement, even if you hear a HB I think you would still be advised to go to or call the hospital so that they can monitor you properly.

And heres my pregnancy story...!

OH has wanted a baby for years and has been nagging on about it forever. I wasn't so sure - I've always been a bit of a free spirit and I'm in the middle of my university degree. In September(ish) 2010 I agreed to stop taking my pill and see what happens. Nothing happened, mainly because we were living in different cities at the time and although we spent a lot of time together it was difficult to catch the fertile few days each month!

Anyways it eventually happened and we got our first BFP in September 2011, so after about a year of NTNP. We were both elated but sadly that pregnancy ended in the November at 11 weeks after some spotting and a scan confirmed that the baby wasn't developing. I had a pretty horrendous MC and some really heavy bleeding and had to be admitted to hospital. After that I was really in the darkest place I've ever been, for a couple of months. I could think of nothing else but TTC and this little bean came along and made me smile again in Feb!! :cloud9: xxx

Momma glad ur oh is ok, mine works with saws too and it torments me. I know he stays safe but doesn't mean accidents don't happen! He's had very close incidents too and just makes me think 'here's me mad at u over x when I coulda lost u!' I still freak out when he's on the motor bike and he has to text me ASAP when he's off just so I can stay sane!

Wow! I've just caught up on the last few pages. MommaB, I'm so glad your OH wasn't more seriously hurt, but sorry to hear he was hurt at all, ouch!
My bbs have been producing colostrum since about 20 weeks, but they're not so tender now & seem a bit softer.
Baby has been very active the last hour or so, so cute!

I know I have absolutely no right to be whining or complaining right now, but I was seriously bummed this morning at our prenatal appointment.

I started this pregnancy way too heavy - 205 lbs (5'4).

As I started out heavy, I was hoping I wouldn't gain a lot.

When the heaviest I weighed in was 211 around 4 months or so, I was thankful it wasn't higher...and then at the next appointment the weight had dropped to 207, and then at my last appointment, it was down to 203!

I was like, SWEET! I'm going to come out of this less than I weigh now!

But then today, they weighed me and I was 206, so basically back to where I was pre-pregnancy, except now I have a ~ 2lb baby/placenta/whatever else inside of me.

I know this is no reason to be upset! But I am! I'm now terrified that between now and the next 11 weeks, I'm going to get enormous.

Again, I know this is silly to be upset about, but because of my body image issues and history of weight gain/loss (which has resulted in a stomach that has more stretchmarks than I wish), I just feel bothered by this.

Not writing this to insult or be wah-wah...just needed to vent it...:flower:

Awe, AK, I can gain and lose a couple pounds within a day, so don't be too sure that's permanent weight. And plus, you'll STILL likely come out of this weighing less than you started. Remember, when baby and water and placenta come out you get instant loss. Plus, it keeps going a bit when you lose any water weight, etc. So, just stay on track with whatever you're doing. You're doing great!

So im happy I did not send that nasty text to the OH last night.

He just called me to let me know he is in the ER down south were he has been working. Guess the saw he was working with malfunctioned and was coming straight for his chest. He managed to block it with his hand. It went right though his cut gloves so he suffered a nasty gash that needed stiches. The doc said if he wouldnt have blocked it and it would have hit his chest, it could have went right to the heart and instant death.

This same saw about took one of his co-workers fingers off last week. Odd his co-worker got his stiches out today and then my OH gets them put in. Now im going to worry until he is back home. His job is just putting him on light duty and wont send him home until friday :nope:

OMG! Just read they decommissioned it. Good thing!! I'm so glad he's okay. :hugs:

:hugs:
And heres my pregnancy story...!

OH has wanted a baby for years and has been nagging on about it forever. I wasn't so sure - I've always been a bit of a free spirit and I'm in the middle of my university degree. In September(ish) 2010 I agreed to stop taking my pill and see what happens. Nothing happened, mainly because we were living in different cities at the time and although we spent a lot of time together it was difficult to catch the fertile few days each month!

Anyways it eventually happened and we got our first BFP in September 2011, so after about a year of NTNP. We were both elated but sadly that pregnancy ended in the November at 11 weeks after some spotting and a scan confirmed that the baby wasn't developing. I had a pretty horrendous MC and some really heavy bleeding and had to be admitted to hospital. After that I was really in the darkest place I've ever been, for a couple of months. I could think of nothing else but TTC and this little bean came along and made me smile again in Feb!! :cloud9: xxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs: So happy things worked out for you, Sharonfruit. I bet that was really hard losing the little one. I was a nervous wreck until I could feel the baby. I mean a serious disaster. One of my friends had had a missed miscarriage at 9w and didn't know until 12w and I just had this horrid feeling about it being the same for me. I guess nature had a plan. . . Big congrats to you! :flower:

wow! so much happens in this thread while i'm at work every day! i can hardly keep up!

mommab!!!! so scary about dh. i am so happy for you that he is (more or less) okay! you both must be a bit shaken up. :hugs:

Most definetly shaken thats for sure. Just the thought that if he didn't react fast....well I don't even want to think about it. His job is dangerous as it is. He works for a railroad salvage company. They tear up old tracks, recycle them and send them back out to railroads to be placed again. Between heavy machinery, trains, and the weather they don't pay him enough for what he risks everyday. He has been sending out his resume to become a pipefitters apprerentice. Still very dangerous but the pay is way better and not as much traveling. Been praying everyday he gets a call soon.

momma-glad it wasn't serious but still scary.

Just had my 28 week appt today. We are measuring all average was so hoping to be even a lil bit ahead but thats ok :) Average is all good right now. Also got my appointments booked for 32 and 36 weeks ony to find out my midwife is going to be out of town for my 36 week appt. A little worried if little man comes early I could be facing delivery with a stranger.

Monkey happy to hear your appointment went well!! I know what you mean!! I just found out that my doc is due two days after me!! She has had baby brain I guess up until friday and mentioned it to me.At least she is letting me meet a couple of other docs and allowing me to pick the one I feel most comfortable with as a back up alternative in case she goes into labor before me. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more Im not sure if I even want her to do my c-section. If she is feeling as crappy as I have there is no way I would be able to perform surgery, especially giant and pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->