November gender scans.....

GL to whit and lea today!
Congrats hippo!
Cherry- don't know how I'm going to make it to Wednesday. Feels so far away still. If I get team pink, I'm going to be so bummed. Going to need some major hugs.

Thanks! Getting anxious.

Girls are amazing, by the way. :winkwink:

congratulations Leamarasmall!! Little girls are gorgeous and no one should be ''bummed'' to be team pink, be grateful for your bundle regardless :) xx

congratulations Leamarasmall!! Little girls are gorgeous and no one should be ''bummed'' to be team pink, be grateful for your bundle regardless :) xx

I'm sorry, but for someone who is going through gender disappointment, that comment is literally a slap in the face. I see you already have a son and daughter and are pregnant again, not all of us are so lucky to get one of each right off the bat.

I have two boys, and cried nearly every day of this pregnancy until I found out I was finally going to have the daughter I wanted so darn badly. It's an absolute given that we're thankful for our baby's regardless of their gender, but sometimes it's hard to control the feeling of desire you have for one gender over the other.

I'm sorry to be snappy, but I know a lot of people who haven't gone through it really have no idea how it feels. She is grateful for her baby, but she would really like a boy. She's not wrong to feel that way.

It's not my fault that I had a girl and a boy, it's 50/50 all I am saying is that a baby is a blessing no matter what the gender is. If you want a baby it shouldn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. I'm sorry if my post offended anyone but I was offended when I read that post and felt the need to say something.
Also I never said her feelings were wrong, of course she has every right to be disappointed. I tried for all of my kids, If I had 2 girls and found out I was pregnant with a 3rd girl I would still be happy because a baby is a baby. I'm not going to feel bad for having one of each gender!

Come on ladies this is not the thread for debates like this ... please try and keep it nice for everyone in here :flower: x

No body needs to judge. This isn't the place for that. Girls are great! I'd just rather not have one just yet. Down the line, sure. My scans in 2 days, so I have just 2 days more to wish. Please don't jump all over me for that.
Thanks for describing it so eloquently ZnT.
And if I am team pink, of course I will still be over the moon about having a baby, I'll just need lots of hugs. For some of you who know me well, I have a complicated back
story, and I will need lots of hugs. If you hate me for it, so be it, just please keep it to yourself. Thanks. :flower:

ok , well I went away and thought about it, and I shouldn't have jumped to being offended, I understand that all or many women wish one gender over another. I definitely was not judging you, but I also felt judged for having a child of each gender and being pregnant again. I know that after you find out what you are having and have had time to accept it you would be thrilled either way. I guess reading that you would be ''bummed'' to have a girl hit me because surely if you want a baby it doesn't matter what gender your baby is. Even if it wasn't the gender you prefer. Also I don't hate you at all :)

Thanks. I don't judge. I'm happy you're happy. I wish everyone could always have what they want. The word bummed was meant as a soft way to say scared out of my brains, terrified, overwhelmed, and needing many more hours with my therapist to figure out how to get even more of my life in order with a girl in it.
The short story is that my MIL is in a cult and as been waiting or a female heir for about 50 years. She tried to put some female baby hex on me the first time I met her. she as boundary issues and as managed to make my SIL feel like she needs to leave the house so MIL can spend time with her baby and I'm terrified at what she will do to me, ESP if I have a girl. I've been working hard on setting boundaries and i Think I have made some progress recently, but I think a girl will push her back over the edge. And I just don't want to be made to feel like a wet nurse like SIL. :(

aww sass your situation sounds horrible!! I took the word ''bummed'' in the wrong way so I'm sorry for that. My ex husband's mother was a bit weird too, she used to pretend my daughter was her baby and used to call herself mummy to her, she would come over and ignore me and just pick her up put her in the stroller and take her out.. it was hard, She called my DD fat and stopped letting me breastfeed so eventually I got a really bad blocked milk duct which caused an infection and I lost my breast milk. So I couldn't feed her anymore. I learned that people like them only have as much power as you allow them to have and she has no right to your baby, I had therapy too and our marriage broke down because of it so I hope you can get what you need to get through it xx

Thanks. We do lots of therapy, for DH and myself to learn how to deal with his mom. I have learned that I have to be the force of change. DH isn't emotionally developed enough to handle it (bc he was raised by her) so I have grabbed the bull by the horns. I had 2 good talks with her last week, so I'm feeling a little better - finally. I just know after LO comes, there will be many incidents. I'll just have to hold firm and hope DH doesn't cave.
Your former mil sounds much like mine. She tries to say she is the mother of my nephew and take on the mothering responsibilities. It's so sick. I'm sorry you had to deal with it too. I know this will be a struggle no matter what. I just ave such a fear of team pink because I know how much she's been DYING for a girl for so long. In my dreams, LO 1 is a boy and I get all of my baby boundaries in place with him, then if lo2 or 3 is a girl, the boundary work will be much less. Know what I mean?

yeh I get what you mean now I know a bit about it. I had a friend who had 3 girls and kept having babies in the hope for a boy and she was actually angry when she found out she was having another girl so it hits me the wrong way if you see what I mean.. Can't you cut your MIL out? x

I have cut her off from me as much as I can (text, email, Facebook, not answering her calls) but she calls DH multiple times a week and I won't ever try to get in between the two of them. She's very co-dependent.
So, I see her about 6 times a year for a few days at a time. It's very overwhelming. It's like a 3 day sleep over that feels like 10. Everyone is expected to conform, in thought and mannerisms. It's so weird. Im getting closer to a place where I can laugh at them and not let it affect me. I'm just not all the way there yet.
But if she had her way, it would be 2 weeks per month, so for that I am pretty lucky. Sigh.

i just skip the rant lol. Hormones ladies lol. Ohh I know ukgirl wednesday is nearly here in reach.

Congrats Mrshippo :) xx

Think ive missed out something to. I think it was to sass but i dont remember what now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->