November Nuggets ~ 2016

I had my appointment today. Everything is awesome. I'm 9w6d with an EDD of 11/5/16! Heartbeat was 169 and baby was wiggling all over. I feel so relieved.

I'd post a picture but I have no idea how to do that on the mobile app.

Only bad thing... They are going to have me do the glucose test for GD around 14 weeks and then the normal 28 weeks. Because I had it last pregnancy. I hate that nasty drink.

Christina great news hope you pass the test don't you have to take a second if you dont pass the first? It's been years I dont remember the routine pregnancy exams and timings of it all haha

doppler heres hows the best to use it? I am going to look on youtube after my dinners here.

If I fail then I won't be retested as they will assume I have GD and I'll go through the sugar testing for the remainder of the pregnancy If I pass the first they will have me redo at 28 weeks to make sure I pass again.

Ugh.

Great news for your appointment Christina

Dark just make sure you have some gel on your belly (I use baby oil lol) because it needs to move freely across your skin. Just keep it as close to your pubic bone as possible and move extremely slowly. Other than that its just hoping for the best lol. You will pick up your own HB loads.

Thank you smiley :) I wish I thought so!

Christina great news! If you want to know, to post a pic from your mobile it's quite easy, go right to the bottom and click switch to desktop, then go to reply as you would normally and click go advanced instead of quick reply, one
very on there just click the tiny paperclip symbol for attachment then you can browse photos, which will take you to your photo library or allow you to take one there and then, once you have picked it, click upload on the right, then you can close that Windows and when you hit reply the photo should be there xx

I found baby:happydance::happydance: sounded like a train, 161 at one point. my pelvis is sore now though.

I'm so torn on the Doppler front, my friend has one for me, and on hand I could really really do with the reassurance right now as I have a while to go before the scan, but on the other hand, if I try and I can't find it, same problem...I have a while to go before the scan. If I could use it and hear it just the once I think I could leave it alone till the scan as it would be good enough for me to know that I heard it at 7 week scan, heard it now and then could wait for the scan feeling quite reassured x

I am not sure if there brilliant lol. I was convinced it was the heartbeat but read it could be the artery. So now I am worrying. Thinking I am going to wait until I have my 12 week scan to get out again.

You know for sure when you hear baby there is no doubting it. If you are unsure then the likelihood is that it was your hb! I can get my HB in about four different places haha.

They are good but I totally understand reservations. I'm not gonna use mine again for a long while now. I know I've found it and so don't need to keep using it. I will only worry if I don't find it every time!

It sounded like a train. I tried recording it but it didnt pick it up clearly.

Kind of . it was fainter.
So I have just been asked if I am going to steriliesed after this baby? Maybe I am being hormonal and sensitive but wtf. She knows I had a mc before this and that its been tough but I am so annoyed about it. I sent here a response of No... I am 27!

Unless my doctor advises me to I want to be open to third child in the far future.

What a bloody ridiculous thing to say! I am expecting my fourth and am almost 29 and I still wouldn't expect somebody to ask me that question x

Shes been annoying me a lot. Its the dads gran mother. When she found out I was pregnaht she asked if I was sure I can cope with two or if I am going to keep it. She knows I had a mc and she also knows I desperately wanted a second child.

In my daughters early months we had a massive amount of support from social services due to issues around mental illness. When I separated from Lucy's dad, my support basically reduced to nothing as it was clear that my exhusband was holding me back. She seems to think that because my daughter still has a dummy and my physical health problems. I am not the best parent apparantly. However, my daughter is one of the happiest little girl ever.

There it is. Measuring right on time, with a good hb. Sorry I'm pretty absent lately we're getting the house ready to sell. It is so real now, I'm quite shocked I was sure it was a goner!

IMG_1332

Missfrick what made you think that Hun? Glad all is ok :) what are your dates then?

Darkriver- hope you don't mind me asking, but bit lost as I thought babies father was a sperm doner have I got it wrong? If so, think she should mind her own business, maybe it is her age, I don't mean to be judgmental but I find that the much older generation can be forgiven for saying some rather innapropriate things lol X

Elmo, I love your shades, especially the bright colours. I have a shade of fuscia sitting in my bathroom, I fully intended to use it but then got a new job at the start of the year as a supervisor in an army mess...so stuck with my natural colour for now. I've got wavy/curly blonde hair, used to be white blonde but it has gradually darkened to a honey blonde and have had it down to my butt most of my life. Decided to get it cut when I couldn't dye it and so off it went to above shoulder height! I'm still getting used to it and miss my long hair. Everyone seems to love my short hair though. It just doesn't feel like me.

Dark that's terrible, oldies can be very insensitive! My sister did announcement cards for our family when she found out she was pg with #2....my grandparents we're appalled. How dare they tell them like that! You aren't married! You are a burden on your parents! We're so disgusted and you have no idea how much stress you are causing us! This was all said when my sister called to ask if they'd checked their mail box. She was a hysterical mess. My parents were fuming. They invited my sister and her OH to live with them so they could afford to save and have kids at the same time, it's a great arrangement. My grandparents never apologised but carried on like normal...my family has just decided over the years to roll our eyes at their insensitive little comments and outbursts and turn them into funny stories we talk about later. They're swiss and have strong accents which makes the re-telling even funnier (nothing against swiss people of course, as as I am half).

AFM...Just had my NT blood test. Earlier had a dingo in our yard (we live rural) sniffing after one of our big girl's who's in heat. I was only wearing a football jersey, no bra or knickers but totally forgot and ran out chasing it. My 2 little girls (Fox Terrier and Jack Russell) came bolting out of the house after it like demon dogs from hell. Got to the back fence and there was a pack of 3 waiting there. My little's were still going off at them....the wild dogs had no idea what to do, they kinda barked back but then ended up running off. Meanwhile, Stella, who's in heat and our other big girl Bam just stood behind the little ones doing nothing. My little girls are the family protectors, that's what they think anyway. The dingo's lure their prey (small pets normally) out of their yard to their pack, normally under the pretence of wanting to play. Then they grab them and run off. It's awful. OH slept through the whole ordeal, even me screaming down the yard like a banshee haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->