November Rainbow Babies

It was my first appointment going back in @ 2 weeks instead of 4 that I could put on bed rest with Blake--I was 33 weeks--so crazy how close that is getting!!

Dahlia-Yes, Journee is top pic for first name! Just have to narrow down the other choices and choose the order.

babyjo-I forgot to comment on your grandfathers hospitalization. So sorry he's in there. What's going on with him? Is it anything that is fixable? I know that sounds horrible to ask it that way. My grandmother was in and out the last year of her life. Not really anything that was fixable, so to speak...

I'm doing my sugar test on Wednesday. I'll only be 25 weeks. I think I was more like 28 with my other pregnancies though. Oh well, might as well get it over with. I hate drinking that stuff. Yuck!

So 2 week appts start at 28 weeks? You'd so think I'd be able to remember things like this but dang, I can't even keep up with my cell phone much less what happened 7 years ago lol!

blakesmom-Did I read that post correctly? You were put on bed rest at 33 weeks when you were pregnant with Blake?

We are so close. I think my every two week appointments start soon too.

Blakesmom- how did you cope on bed rest? If I lay down too long getting up causes pain. I am trying to keep moving as it helps- bedrest sounds like it would be a nightmare.

My grandad is a typical old person (90) with heart failure. His doc wasn't monitoring his meds closely which has led to this recent stay in hospital to get things levelled out. Out of hospital he is very independent- goes out shopping everyday, does all the cleaning of the house (my OH should take notes) etc. The doctors won't attempt to revive him if he stops breathing or has a heart attack:( I tell him he has to stay around because we have a date in November.( this baby has kept him going- his 1st great gran child) He really wants to meet him/her so I'm wishing my pregnancy away for that reason.

When do you girls consider that you are in 3rd tri. On the Internet it varies from 26 weeks to 28?

As for names I have plenty that I like for a girl ( especially french names such as Amelie) but for a boy I havent really found any that I like. We are planning on creating a list for each gender then deciding once baby gets here. We have 6 weeks after baby is born to register the name. How does it work in the US?

Sorry to hear about your grandad babyjo.

Amelie is a lovely name.

I think I'm counting 27 weeks as 3rd tri, as once your 27 weeks your in your 28th week aren't you. So only 1 more week for me! Eek!

Klein, Yep bedrest @ 33 weeks.

babyjo--I liked being on bedrest for the first 3ish hours and then I wanted to be up and about LOL It was a hard 3 weeks, and I scared myself to death with daily episodes of baby story and bringing home baby documenting hard labor & delivery experiences which in the long run being prepared for the worst made mine seem like a piece of cake--but those shows did freak me out! And here I don't think Baby can leave the hospital without a name--at least in my city/state--maybe it can vary tho. My boss and his wife had to hurry and name #4 so they could take him home.

Hello everyone!

omg I went swimming today and it was awesome! DD had her first swim lesson today, so afterward we had free-time in the pool. I usually never go under water and get completely wet, but I did today for DD's sake. She and I loved it! And I finally got some color on my tummy, which I had been waiting to do!

Blakes- yes bedrest must have been tough! God bless this pregnancy for you and I'm sure all will be well. I have a hard enough time right now laying down for long periods, as my hips and side of thighs will get all uncomfortable. And switching from side to side is also a pain!

babyjo- I have only heard the name Amelie in a movie. It is very pretty. Would you ever say "Lee" for a nickname? And I hope your grandpa will be in good health for the arrival of your little one.

And guess what? I just found out today that my SIL is 10 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins! I haven't talked to her yet and asked how she's feeling, but with all her other kids, she has 3 currently, I think she had that hyperemesis *sp* sickness. SHe's always wanted twins, as her mother is one. Now that I have seen first hand how multiples can take a big toll on your body, I don't know how she is going to manage with her 3 others! ah!

Blake has swim lessons tonight--don't think I will be getting into the pool with him this time tho. 2 weekends ago we went swimming at the Lake and also at the community pool when we were visiting my Grandparents--such a great way to cool of being in the water!!

Dahlia--I have a friend who had that same sickness and even now in her 3rd tri it's back again---so brutal!! And like you said with 3 other kiddos to be chasing around she has her work cutout for her!! My Grandpa is a twin--they fascinate me, and that would probably be my luck--lets try for a 4th and end of with #4 and #5 on the way LOL

Have I mentioned yet I'm feeling too Hot and Huge these days...

Attachments

• DSC_3268.jpg
    DSC_3268.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_3270.jpg
    DSC_3270.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 8
aw looking good! Okay, how did you calculate 5? I would have thought you were almost 6 (24 wks/4 = 6). Your belly looks high, is it? Mine is.

I'm feeling large as well. Getting out of bed for potty breaks and even switching over sides when sleeping makes me feel like I'm 80. It hurts! My darn pubic bone problems. It seems now that where the top of your legs connect to your lady parts, is where I'm having the most pain. Weird.

Anyone hitting up Mom 2 Mom sales? Saturday is the big day and I can't wait! Hope I don't get disappointed. The sale is actually in a more wealthy neighborhood, so I hope prices aren't "overmarked"
Here is my list for what I'm looking for:
Moby Wrap
*Support Belt*
Swing, preferably the Fisher-Price Papasan
Newborn socks
Changing pad (for baby's dresser)
Nursing cover
Cloth Bibs

I have slightly developed some heartburn lately. It's manageable though.
DH has promised to quit smoking since when DD#1 was born, and well, it's never happened! Now I told him we have 3 months will the next baby is here and NOW it needs to happen. DH is 12 years older than me and I do worry about him getting cancer or dieing : ( It scares me, and you'd think it would scare the cigarettes out of his mouth too! But no. He's on the patch (which I believe is a 3 month process), but not even using it religiously every day, which makes me think it's going to be another failed attempt.

nice bump pics blakesmom! My bump seems to be lower. Could be because I'm 5'9" I haven't checked out Mom 2 Mom yet Dahlia, but I have actually found a great dresser/changing table for $30 on craigslist. I'm going to paint it white and it needs new knobs, so I think I'll get some really fun ones! I'm picking it up on Sunday. I also just purchased a new car (which I really didnt want to do) but my old 99 Chevy Cavalier coupe is on its last legs. It only had 2 doors which would be difficult with a carseat. I ended up getting a 2008 toyota corrolla which I LOVE! Unfortunately now OH and I have a car payment again. $295 :(
But its a good investment and OH and I just share one car anyway. This car will last me at least 15 years. Plus the gas guage works which my last car didnt! Running out of gas is not something I want to worry about with a new baby :thumbup:

aw looking good! Okay, how did you calculate 5? I would have thought you were almost 6 (24 wks/4 = 6). Your belly looks high, is it? Mine is.

I'm feeling large as well. Getting out of bed for potty breaks and even switching over sides when sleeping makes me feel like I'm 80. It hurts! My darn pubic bone problems. It seems now that where the top of your legs connect to your lady parts, is where I'm having the most pain. Weird.

Anyone hitting up Mom 2 Mom sales? Saturday is the big day and I can't wait! Hope I don't get disappointed. The sale is actually in a more wealthy neighborhood, so I hope prices aren't "overmarked"
Here is my list for what I'm looking for:
Moby Wrap
*Support Belt*
Swing, preferably the Fisher-Price Papasan
Newborn socks
Changing pad (for baby's dresser)
Nursing cover
Cloth Bibs

I have slightly developed some heartburn lately. It's manageable though.
DH has promised to quit smoking since when DD#1 was born, and well, it's never happened! Now I told him we have 3 months will the next baby is here and NOW it needs to happen. DH is 12 years older than me and I do worry about him getting cancer or dieing : ( It scares me, and you'd think it would scare the cigarettes out of his mouth too! But no. He's on the patch (which I believe is a 3 month process), but not even using it religiously every day, which makes me think it's going to be another failed attempt.

I'm not quiet certain about the 5 either TBH LOL I did it so that each month I could do a bump pic on my due date day, so March I did 1, April--2, May--3, June--4, July--5, etc until Nov I would have a 9 (doubt I'll make it to the 9 so on my due date if I've had him, then I will do one with baby instead...) But really this would be my 6th month?? Some times the better neighbor hoods will sell stuff for less than you would expect since they don't really need the money from it. We have a big sale coming up in Sept. at our fair grounds. "Just Between Friends". I've seen them on Good Morning America so I think they have them all over, but first time moms or moms again for a new time get to shop a "pre-sale" which is so great!!

Dancing- Congrats on your new vehicle! It'll be yours and babes' to ride around town in : )
And yes I'm sure it will last another 15 years. My Aunt has a Corolla Hybrid, might be a 2008 or so, and I like riding in it. The dresser will be fun to "dress" up! My 2 cents for the new knobs- use crystal looking knobs. I think it would look cute and frilly since you're having a girl!

Blakes- Good insight on the wealthy neighborhoods, maybe they'll cut this poor soul a good deal :winkwink: My mom will be coming with me and said she will get me a swing if we find a good one : )
I have never heard of a Just Between Friends, actually. Will you be going to it?

I'm pretty sure I will register to go. The pre-sale is always on a Thursday and then it goes Friday and Saturday, and Sunday items go 1/2 off and free admission. Its like a huge in-door garage sale, but everything is sorted thru by item---so there will be 50 highchairs to choose from all in the same area--and the Sellers aren't there--they price items and get checks after the sale, so you don't get to negotiate any of the prices, but there can be 2 identical items, one up for $10 and another for $15--so the advantage of the pre-sale is first choice of items, and at the lowest price. And of course its air conditioned and that is always a plus!!

I got Blake's swing, bouncy chair, and floor gym and a few outfits all for $60ish--the bigger items weren't my first choice in style (LOVE the papasan swing by the way!!) but they were affordable, got the job done, and can be used for this little one again if I don't end up buying something else. Now to talk DH into going with me...LOL

Looks like the only place in Michigan is in Grand Rapids: https://w50.myfranconnect.com/jbfwebsite/?site=1572524191&

Thanks Blakes. But yeah Grand Rapids is a few hours away from me. Look like a pretty large thing they've got going there, considering it's held at an Arena! lol

I did some price scouting at some local resale shops of gently used swings- and they are priced from 55-65. So on Saturday I will see if there are cheaper prices than that at the mom2mom to make it worth my while. And its great you still have a lot of your gear from Blake. I am so happy I kept all the stuff I did for 5 years, so this time it's not that much that I'll need either.

damn- just wrote some stuff and accidentally deleted it. grrr.

Thanks for the link Blakes- Grand Rapids is a few hours away : ( But it looked pretty cool being held at an Arena and such! lol.

I did some price scouting of the gently used swings around here, and the prices were 55-65. I will compare the prices at the mom2mom and see if I should buy there or not. Basically I'm just looking for the papasan kind that plugs into the wall.

Hi ladies :)

have been really busy lately, best friend arrived two weeks ago and is still in my house lol, I asked her to stay for a bit but two weeks... I am tired:cry: love her and all but she's too hormonal and I'm too tired :dohh:

Had a scan at 26+2 and they said baby is weighing 3 lbs, doctor mentioned he's big, I honestly feel like I am carrying a baby whale, they said everything looked ok but I'm still on progesterone:shrug:

I seem to be contagious as my SIL finally got pregnant after 1y TTC :happydance: I'm gonna be an auntie!

I am glad that everyone is doing great and approaching the 3rd tri! how quick!!!

Oh yeah I have bump pics :blush: I'll come back as soon as best friend gives me a tiny break :flower: Hugs girls

Attachments

• 2012-07-31 17.13.45 (1).jpg
    2012-07-31 17.13.45 (1).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-07-31 17.15.19 (1).jpg
    2012-07-31 17.15.19 (1).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 6
Hey ladies,

Cata your bump is coming along beautifully! I'm glad that everything is looking great for you and baby. 3lb is a good size already- I thought I was carrying a big baby because my bump sticks out a LOT but my fundal height is 1-2cm small but still in normal range.

Our UK summer sales where you can normally get great deals have been RUBBISH! OH was hoping to get most big stuff like crib etc in them but no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->