November Rainbow Babies

Nice win!! I'll jump on facebook right now and give it a try!! I'd go black with too!!

Update: i've been having alot of period type cramping last night and pelvic pressure today, went to the bathroom and lost my mucus plug. No contractions yet but hoping its progress :thumbup:

oh my~
well yes, I'd say that's progress! Keep us informed. Try some nipple stim in the shower if you'd like. Contractions might pick up that way

I'm going to go into work for couple hours to see if walking around gets things going. My boss is more freaked out than me lol

I had LOTS of pressure while we were at a movie today--I'm still freaked out my water is going to break in a public place LOL I hope things pick up for you Dancing!!

Hey ladies,

Congratulations Sharonfruit, Cata and Dhalia. Your babies are lovely.
My team yellow was blue. I had to have a c-section as he remained breech which was really rough. The recovery is horrible due to severe blood loss but it was all worth it. My little man weighed 9lb 11oz and was born on 7th November. We are finally out of hospital but will have midwives coming round to my house daily for another week until health visitors take over the house visits at 2 weeks. BF is very difficult for me as I'm still very sore from surgery and I have flat nipples. We are getting there. No-one ever speaks of how difficult the first few days of getting your nipples used to breastfeeding are.

Dancing, alandsa, Blakesmom, Klein good luck girls.

I'm totally loving finally becoming a mother. I think when you've had a difficult journey because of loss or difficulty ttc it's that bit more overwhelming to finally have your bundle of joy arrive safe and sound.

Aww the c section recovery sounds rough, I hope things pick up for you soon :)

Do you feel you are getting enough BF support? I'm quite nervous about breastfeeding as I really want to be able to do it. You hear so much about how painful it is for your nipples - I'm trying to moisturise mine now as they are so dry but hopefully I'm not making them even more soft and wimpy haha!

I'm getting lots of breastfeeding support from my midwife. I'm seeing a lactation consultant tomorrow and on Thursday for additional tips. It's difficult for me because my nipples are so flat. If I have another baby from month 8 in pregnancy I'd probably start using a breast pump on them every now and then to roughen them up. We did have 1 formula day to give them a break but I do feel very supported.

Congrats Babyjo! So exciting you were team blue!!!

:pink::pink: Journee Merci Lyla Klein:pink::pink:
November 7th 2012
8lbs 5oz 22"
8:19pm

I feel awful for just now getting on and checking in with everyone. That was not my intentions at all. I was trying to get up the nerve to write out my birth story and finally started on it this morning after the kids went to school. DH is back at work as of today and kids are back in school. I will start taking them and resuming normal activity tomorrow. Thank you all for the best wishes!

I will post my birth story as soon as i finish it! Blakesmom and Dancing...hope things progress soon. Blakesmom, keeping fingers crossed your water doesn't break in public lol!!!

What! I did't get an email for the updates here grrr

But I see that Babyjo and Klein had their babies :happydance::happydance::happydance:

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!:kiss:

Babyjo- A baby boy! I can only imagine the surprise feeling and instant love you felt for him : ) I applaud you for sticking with the breastfeeding and I'm glad you have some support. It helps so much to have someone around who knows good technique. And you know... my nips felt more sore this time around (unless I just blocked out the first time lol) I do make sure to let them air out after each feeding for a few minutes. After each shower I'll put my nipple butter on them and let them air out then as well.

Swift recovery wishes your way! But I'm glad baby is safe here now : )

ditto- Motherhood is wonderful! Cherish these first months because they'll never be this small again!
ps-try and upload a pic : )

Klein- I felt the same for taking a few days to get on here, but hey, we're new moms and it's busy around the house nowadays :flower: A baby girl! The surprise of a lifetime : ) And wow she is long! I cannot wait to hear your story. Today was my first day taking Natalie to school. I was SO nervous about it. Basically my fear was that baby would need to be fed right as we were about to leave and would be screaming in the car or something.
*My perfect morning plan would be waking up before Natalie would wake, and feed the baby, so that when Natalie does wake up I could tend to her. Thankfully she is very independent in the morning with bathroom duties and getting on her uniform. I basically just need to get her breakfast.*
So today I got to feed baby one one boob before Nat woke up, then ended up feeding baby 20 minutes before we had to leave on the other boob (she is usually a 2-boob per meal baby : )

Got to school just as the bell was ringing, so we didn't have to wait outside (where the kids have to wait in a line). That's also part of my plan, arriving just before bell rings ; )

I'm sure there will be days when my plan doesn't work, but yeah. Until then..

Blakes- how is that pressure feeling coming? Does it go away or is it more permanent? Have you tried any eviction methods lol?

Dancing- it sounds like if you lost your plug that you'd be getting in line for labor soon! Hope is starts soon for you!

ALandsa- I started using the cream once a day starting week 37. But I think it might be inevitable to have the soreness. Babies mouth does quite a number on them! It's just important to start them off with a good latch, because if they have a wrong latch, it can really set you back in terms of soreness.

BTW- I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I hope we all keep in touch on here with updates and such. Maybe a monthly update once all our babies are born would be nice. And I'm sure we might see one another on the Baby Club and Breastfeeding boards as well : )

aww Klein congratulations to you too :) i hope its all going well? im really pants at keeping up to date with this thread lol

blakesmom - yeah i cant imagine what it must be like if our waters broke in a public place! although some say it may just come out with a trickle but it would be just our luck that it would be a public gush haha! im not going out of the house much at the moment, just staying in and resting lol

babyjo - i didnt realise you could use a breast pump on them before hand, would that not take away the colostrum though? i suppose our nipples just have to toughen up some how and that little baby mouth does certainly give them a seeing to that they aren't used to lol!! are nipple shields an option at all? i know people often say not to use them?

Dahlia - i meant to say thank you for your birth story too, i showed it to DH and we felt it really helped us to understand what birth might be like. i might take myself off to read some other birth stories too :)

Alandsa- Thanks, It's nice to read that your DH is so involved with your birth and labor plans : )

I'm getting lots of breastfeeding support from my midwife. I'm seeing a lactation consultant tomorrow and on Thursday for additional tips. It's difficult for me because my nipples are so flat. If I have another baby from month 8 in pregnancy I'd probably start using a breast pump on them every now and then to roughen them up. We did have 1 formula day to give them a break but I do feel very supported.

Congrats on a blue bundle in your arms!!! Has anyone suggested trying breast shields?? I used them with Blake as I have flat nipples as well--they also take the sensation away for you a bit which also means less pain right--think of it as like a nipple condom in that regards. Here is the ones I used... https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Conta...53004236&sr=8-2&keywords=medela+nipple+shield

Klein--congrats on a pink bundle for you--is DD estactic for a baby sis?? Did you get those sleepers washed before you went in LOL

As for me--no baby update yet. I'm beyond impatient at this point and remember Klein expressing her frustration at about this point. I have mild pre-eclampsia and would LOVE an induction--or even an induction date but no--they are just going to re-test my blood and urine in a week and then I will get results on Wed with Thanksgiving being the next day--what a hectic time to be big fat preggo---Might have to consider some eviction procedures LOL!! Its also not helping that I'm still working---that was a crazy dumb plan but I guess it makes the days go by rather quickly. We have a seminar Friday and then just 2 days next week then the office is closed for Thanksgiving and I get to start my maternity leave FINALLY!!!

A few more days and hopefully you'll know your fate, Blake's.

I never did get to an impatient point. Matter of fact, I sort of thought labor came too early and I missed being pregnant. However, if I had pre e and the diabetis I would be fed up too. Considering your 38+2 right now, they might just want to get you to 39.

Maternity leave is so close! LO will be here soon! How do you think Blake will do?

Dancing-waiting on you too!! ( no pressure) hehe.

so sorry it took me so long to update! Katrina Rose Montoya came into the world on Sunday night at 11:39 pm weighing 7 lbs 11 oz and 20 in long. I guess i started early labor sat night at work. Went to hospital at 2 am and i was only 2 cm. they had me walk for an hour and then i went to 3. walked for another hour and didnt progress so i went home. Came back to hospital at 2 pm on sunday and progressed to 4 cm. Got stuck at 5 cm so they administered pitocin and i ended up asking for an epidural because i was basically stuck to the bed and laboring that way was intense. Doc said if pitocin didnt work would have to do a c-section. So i prayed dialating thoughts and turned on my side to change positions. then i was in the most excruciating pressure and pain and they checked me and i was 10 cm! So i pushed as hard as i could for 35 min and she was born! just now getting everything back in order lol. I love her so much she's perfect! Breastfeeding has been a bit of a struggle because i was swollen from iv and pitocin and it was hard for her to latch but each day gets better. I hope my nipples heal soon. Anyway here's pics!

Attachments

• katrina 1.jpg
    katrina 1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
  • katrina 2.jpg
    katrina 2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 4
  • katrina 3.jpg
    katrina 3.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 5
A few more days and hopefully you'll know your fate, Blake's.

I never did get to an impatient point. Matter of fact, I sort of thought labor came too early and I missed being pregnant. However, if I had pre e and the diabetis I would be fed up too. Considering your 38+2 right now, they might just want to get you to 39.

Maternity leave is so close! LO will be here soon! How do you think Blake will do?

Dancing-waiting on you too!! ( no pressure) hehe.

I think Blake will do great--tonight he told me that my baby is going to be born on Turkey Day!! Of all the days this month I really hope it isn't Thanksgiving Day that he is born! I think I would like to skip the day before Thanksgiving as well LOL.

Dancing---so glad that she is in your arms---woohoo--Keep the pics coming girls!!

Hello,
I'm currently on the middle of a feeding session.

Congrats Dancing, Katrina is a doll! Reminds me of Savannah the way she's all curled up in that last pic.
So when you were has to go back home from hospital, were you feeling contractions the whole time?
I'm glad you avoided a c-sec. How does your body feel?

Latching on has been more diff for me this time around, but I think we have it covered now.

Blake's- well I think a turkey day baby would be nice! The birthday wouldn't always be on thanksgiving ya know ; ) here's to hoping you'll pop soon!
:dust:

Ps- I tried hanging my profile pic a few times, but my photo is never able to upload. It never says file too big or anything, just that it didn't change. I'm getting annoyed!

Hello,
I'm currently on the middle of a feeding session.

Congrats Dancing, Katrina is a doll! Reminds me of Savannah the way she's all curled up in that last pic.
So when you were has to go back home from hospital, were you feeling contractions the whole time?
I'm glad you avoided a c-sec. You still could feel even with your epidural? How does your body feel afterwards?

Latching on has been more diff for me this time around, but I think we have it covered now.

Blake's- well I think a turkey day baby would be nice! The birthday wouldn't always be on thanksgiving ya know ; ) here's to hoping you'll pop soon!
:dust:

Ps- I tried hanging my profile pic a few times, but my photo is never able to upload. It never says file too big or anything, just that it didn't change. I'm getting annoyed!

If I have him on his due date his first Birthday will be on Thanksgiving--at least he will be surrounded by lots of food and family LOL. I really want to eat normal and enjoy all the wonderful food without dealing with the gestational diabetes. Maybe if he does come on Wed or Thursday we can have a "do over" Thanksgiving over the weekend or something LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->