November Rainbows 2016

I've done double testing before too. Am my own worst enemy lol.

Hope everyone is well today :) xx

I don't think I have to worry about DH making me wait for ages to ttc #2. We came pretty close to being a little less careful at the weekend but managed to talk ourselves out of it. To be honest I don't think either of us are quite there yet but in the next few months I think we might just be on the same page. Plus we were talking about this time next year and he did say there was a chance I could be "quite pregnant". My only hope is he doesnt go back and forth with being ready. I know he's really scared of more losses as am I.

I'm really pleased for you lynanne! Hopefully next pregnancy will go smoothly for you. Did you ever get a reason for your losses. Lots of studies show that with unexplained miscarriages the risk of experiencing a loss again after a healthy pregnancy is greatly reduced. Only exception is if a medical condition caused the losses.

We never got a reason for the losses which I guess makes trying again all the more terrifying. That being said, there is some reassurance in knowing that my body can actually do it - and successfully too! My gorgeous little boy is proof of that.

Im sure everything will go well when your ready to give Connor a little brother or sister. I know so many ladies from my fertility clinic who had loss after loss but then went on to have multiple babies with no issues at all. Will be routing for you once the time comes.

That's fab lynanne xxx
U might be bump buds again girls xxx
Xxx

Mummy paranoia kicking in here and you are my go to girls for all these things.

When putting Connor to sleep for the night I've found that settling him on his back doesn't always work. He still needs to go down almost asleep otherwise he just rolls over and gets annoyed that we aren't there. Sometimes when we put him down get wake up fully, kicking, rolling, moaning and you have to do the whole settling routine again. However, last night and then again tonight I popped him on his front, nipped to the toilet, put on pjs and went back to check on him. Fast asleep. I didn't leave him sleeping on his front though, I gently rolled him over with minimal fuss. So whilst I didn't actually put him down on his back, he fell into a deeper sleep that way.

Now I know the recommendation is to put baby on their back to sleep until a year old to prevent SIDs so now I'm wondering if what I am doing is safe. I also understand that the likelihood of SIDs is reduced after 6 months. It isn't like I'm leaving him on his tummy all night to sleep, barely even 5 minutes, so is this just as dangerous? I couldn't live with myself if something terrible happened and it could have been because of me.

Mummy paranoia strikes again!

I have so many mummy friends who put their babies to sleep on their belly. I have never done it with any of mine but it is pretty common. I think it comes down to you knowing your baby and what's best for them. Do you have a breathing monitor? Most mums I know who's babies tummy sleep use a monitor for that extra reassurance. Henry is a side sleeper, I always put him to sleep on his back but he rolls on to his side straight away. I used to keep waking up and rolling him back but now I just leave him be.

Have you tried any of the pods? The are amazing for helping settle babies who fuss at bedtime. Aurora was and still is a nightmare but the sleepyhead worked amazingly. Bit pricy but worth every penny, although there are cheaper versions now.

Em sleeps on tummy.
But I'm always beside her with my.hand on.her.
It's better for reflux
Simon used to sleep on tummy
When I was a baby drs said timmy only.
Would go mad if baby on back.
Do says my mom anyway
The breathing monitors r great.
I used one with si.
Can go off at times for them wriggling off it
And frighten the crappy out of you
But it here than that they r fab.
Can't use with Emily
Cos it picks up my breathing.
She is 'only in cot for some of the night anyway.spends most of it in my arms

I'm sure he be fine but I second the monitor for peace of mind

Hi ladies, I'm awful at getting on this site these days, just had a catch up hope we are all well.

All is ok here I have my start back at work date which I'm looking forward to now I have a plan, it's earlier than I wanted but we need the pennies :wacko:

Lucas is doing good, we have just had our last U11's tournament and the season is done so we move up to 13,s now :happydance:

Edith is a sod still won't roll :dohh: sits up and is back under the health visitor as she won't eat :wacko: she hasn't lost weight but isn't gaining and dropped down the chart not that I'm bothered she isn't exactly wasting away :haha: but I could really do with her eating before the middle of July!

Edith hates being asleep on her tummy but Lucas would only sleep on his, I thought once they could roll it was supposed to be safer.

Any news on ttc Maryanne?

I'm still not sure about another baby, I like the idea of it but not the thought of being pregnant, OH is a definite no so. Would have my work cut out convincing him and I'm not sure I can be bothered to argue! I look at friends with 2 kids and they are happy enough but I do think Edith would benefit a play mate, need to make my mind up soon though as I'm not getting any younger :blush:

When are you set to go back lucusmum? Hope it goes ok. Will little miss be in Daycare or with family?

Huge well done to Lucus! Superstar in the making!

TTC is a bit of a mess at the moment. Had a chemical the first month, then assumed I'd had a second chemical as test went negative and was bleeding. Turns out it was a dud test, found out I was still pregnant last week but muscarried the next day. So yea I'm really down about it all. Will be trying again this month so hopefully things will work out for us this time.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about being back under the health visitor. I hope she starts eating for you soon!

I'miss so sorry to hear that Maryanne. You sound like you are having a really rough time of it just now. I really hope that better times are ahead of you - and soon!

I'm starting to get the feeling that DH will maybe be ready for NTNP in a couple of months. He seems really open to the idea of it before we properly start TTC again by hopefully the end of the year. I think a more relaxed approach might be better for us in the initial stages as I think the worry of more losses might put us off otherwise. Still, I'm not quite ready to try any of that. My minimum age gap is 18 months whig would mean NTNP around September.

How exciting lynanne! Wonder if we will be bump buddies again? Think it's gonna take me a while to get a sticky one this time. I hope we do soon as the max age gap I wanted was 18 months as we will be homeschooling and it's easier if they are close in age. Already will be 16 months if we manage it this month. Although in all honestly I'm thinking it will be more like 2 years the way things are going.

I go back 24th July so still a while yet, Edith will be at home with her daddy :haha: so long as the little sod starts eating we should be OK :wacko:

Big hugs Maryanne :hugs:

Lucas is baking like crazy this week, he is raising money for Alzheimer's and has a huge cake sale tomorrow evening, so far he has raised about £430 and we hope to get at least another £20-£30 tomorrow this kid never ceases to amaze me so incredibly proud of him :cloud9:

Is she just not interested yet? Hope she starts eating soon.

Thanks. I'm ok, honestly. I had a feeling things would be difficult this time.

That's so amazing! You must be so proud! Well done Lucus!

Hugs maryanne.
Ttc sucks at times xxx
Hope nothing but good from here on for u xx hugs

Lynanne that's fab.
Hope all goes great for u xx

Lucas mom well done lucas.
That's fab xx
Hope little missy starts eating for ye xxx

Kiddos good here.
Em flying it
Simon heaps better.
In great form agsin.
But still daily seizures.
But I'd soo much happier
So I'll be happy too

Not ttc.
Gone off it bug time.
Had tough few weeks with si and epilepsy.
Little miss teething and bad separation anxiety
Do its put me off

Extension looking likely for house within the next year
Do maybe might ttc in 2 yrs ish.
But may also be done and dusted.
We see in awhile how we feel.
Increasingly leaning to done
As oh is doing less and less childcare

Hope all well for ye all xxx

I hope Simon is ok. Poor little man. Must be so hard on you too, Hope your ok too xx

We r good thanks.
Little man so happy t be better
He is going around kissing everyone and eveything
Poor little pet
Med raise again yest so probably sleepy for few days.
Keeping fingers crossed these meds work for him
But all in all much improved

He has swimming and mobile farm at his school today.
Do should come home in great form.

I'm in the car with a cup of tea
Little missy conked doors ipen.
Lovely sun and breeze.
Happy out.
Hve cooking to do but feck it.
Ha ha
Nothing wrong with sand which

Good here thanks.
Em after huge growth spurt again.
She is a giant
Hee hee.