~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

I think ive been a huge bitch to my husband lately. I feel bad but in the heat of talking to him he drives me nuts sometimes. I can hear myself being a bitch but I just keep talking blah.

This is my 2nd baby and you dont get a baby shower for the 2nd atleast not in my family which kinda sucks cause now I have to buy everything myself :( I have a lot left from my son but because of his disability he still uses a lot of his baby things like his diaper geenie and his mobile.

I also feel guilty that I'm less excited about this one then I was about my first. Maybe because I know what hard work is coming where as with Ben I was just picturing cute baby outfits haha. Now I really know what people mean by you wont sleep at night for months...

Hiya hon! I can completely understand your guilt as I am experiencing a lot of the same. I am just not as excited about this baby as I was with my DS. Of course my situation is a lot different from yours in the fact that your son has a disability and I can't imagine what it entails. Also my family says you shouldn't have a 2nd baby shower but I am! I don't care, I have friends atleast so I guess if my family doesn't come that is their problem.

:hugs: Hope thing works out for ya!

I think ive been a huge bitch to my husband lately. I feel bad but in the heat of talking to him he drives me nuts sometimes. I can hear myself being a bitch but I just keep talking blah.

This is my 2nd baby and you dont get a baby shower for the 2nd atleast not in my family which kinda sucks cause now I have to buy everything myself :( I have a lot left from my son but because of his disability he still uses a lot of his baby things like his diaper geenie and his mobile.

I also feel guilty that I'm less excited about this one then I was about my first. Maybe because I know what hard work is coming where as with Ben I was just picturing cute baby outfits haha. Now I really know what people mean by you wont sleep at night for months...

I think its second baby syndrome here anyway, no one seems excited there for you seem less excited. I feel less excited about this one because no one is making a fuss over me and my mum even started a row with me when I asked her what she got new baby and apparently my new baby can have all WIlliams hand me downs even if its a girl. Big row there agian. And this was over me saying I was buying a pack of vests for new baby as williams where well washed out and rough. Then was reminded i lived in hand me downs when I was born and got nothing. She seems to be really sucking any joy there is out of this and everyone else seems to be ignoring me and not even asking how I am or how scans went. I havnt seen darrens fam in months and they knew I had scans. :cry:

And you have your hands full with your son already so you will feel even more over wellmed. . I am glad I come here as I can see other poeple excited and it makes me excited seeing my ticker move even if no one comes to the hospital but my demanding mother who will probably get a bowl of fruit in her face.

I am also very irradiated with people, one mess up and I am near killing them.

Hi, hope everyone is well. I'm doing good getting a few pains in my stomach but i'm putting that down to stretching, wind what ever I can think of really! The baby is moving quite abit so not too worried. Although I was the other day when I didn't feel much movement. 25 week appointment next week so will bring it up then.

Beach Princess, was just wondering if I could pick your brain? My gums have been bleeding really badly since the beginning really. I've been using Corsodyl regularly but is there anything else you could suggest I do or use? xx

I'm taking the kids to see JLS and Diversity tomorrow, hope it doesn't rain anymore! Portaloos and long queues - my worst nightmare!

Hormones make the gums bleed thats one of the things I did read about in pregnancy.

Silas, I thought that it was fine to have a second baby shower if you're having a child of a different sex than your first or if it's been a long time since your last child...?

kis there a rule about baby showers? we dont have them here :( would be told where to go if I asked a load of fam and friends to bring stuff like that. Well because in my fam does that :( I see them on telly with cakes and balloons and gifts, looks fun.

They are fun and it saves you a TON of money. But in my area unless your oldest is like 5-10 years older then your 2nd you do not have 2 even if your second baby is a different sex. Mine are the same sex which does make it a lot easier clothes wise but I need a few things that are more expensive then just clothes,

A new mobile (since my son still needs his)
another diaper geenie (since my son still uses his and if we try and use just 1 in 2 different bedrooms I know there will be diapers all over the house)
A double stroller (for obvious reasons)

and then of course diapers and formula people bring to baby showers and a few new outfits might be nice. I'll just have to save up or hope for the kindness of my parents.

My frend is getting me a double stroller but I dont know how i will get anothe rcar seat which my mum seems to think I wont need, how she work that out at some point I will need to bring both out! And cloths is the rest thats it. I never had mobiles or things like that.

oh I couldn't live without the mobile. If its out of batteries or something we have to wait for Ben to fall asleep in our arms before putting him to bed which could take forever. With the mobile I turn it on and walk away and the song and the lights he drifts away in 15 minutes. Its how I keep him with a bed time.

I am craving a cola flavour ice pop big time! and I cant get out to get one and dont think they are in shops any more. And I ate to many jelly beans again :( I have to stop buying them just because they where in the cupboard means I HAVE to eat them.

I just cant wait till Autumn and xmas! I think i am the only one around me as I will have two babies for xmas and its so much more fun with kids! plus we may get some sunshine then and I love the cooler weather for out walking.

Silas, I thought that it was fine to have a second baby shower if you're having a child of a different sex than your first or if it's been a long time since your last child...?

I say you can have a shower every time you have a baby! I personally don't see anything wrong with it in any way to be honest. Just some of my family has expressed their opinions about it and think that people shouldn't have a baby shower after their first child. I say screw 'em, lol. If I have 5 kids I have every right to have 5 baby showers, imo.

My frend is getting me a double stroller but I dont know how i will get anothe rcar seat which my mum seems to think I wont need, how she work that out at some point I will need to bring both out! And cloths is the rest thats it. I never had mobiles or things like that.

Do you not have the carseat you used with William? Well, of course if you end up having a girl it may be too boyish I suppose.

https://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/03/28/84/16/0003288416040_215X215.jpg
This is the travel system we got with Joseph and we are just reusing it for our little girl. I plan to get Joseph a new carseat before then. Well, if he doesn't happen to reach atleast 20 lbs before our DD arrives I may have to figure something else out! Lol.

Thankfully my grandmother already bought me a double stroller from a garage sale, so that is one thing down that I really needed. :thumbup:

His is a big thing thats up to 5 year old so its not like he is growing out of it any time soon. I was thinking of a smaller car seat, not so dear that dosnt last so long then when William is out of his big one baby 2 shall fit into it. I would like my parents to just get another as they wont have anything else to buy and seem to be loaded. Not boy looking its black and white seat. Though all his cloths after he was born are boy things and in my books i am not putting a girl into a dinosaur sleep suit! i really want to buy cute things. Oh and I am guessing its a girl.

I am keeping all my sons sleepers and such because I am not sure what I will receive in the way of clothes for our little girl so I don't mind letting her sleep in boyish things. But if I did receive a lot of things/end up buying a lot of things I will probably get rid of them.

Perhaps your parents will get the seat for you. Maybe your mom just has to get her two cents in before she buys it. You never know.

And I definitely want cute things for my little gal, so I completely understand that! :)

nah you dont know my mum, I get nothing and nore is my child allowed anything. Even when I buy it she has a go at me on how she didnt need this and that. Bath mat was one of her rows! apparently they never needed one and i wanted it for safety and bought one. Sure my son gets told off for having a cupboard for his toys as its not on that he has anything as houses arnt meant for kids and all. She is like Hitler standing shouting and giving off, she wont do it to william she does it to me and says i should be shouting at him for doing a simple thing like playing with something. She was never one for platiny with us either, very cold woman. My dad will end up buying the best car seat while she moans probably. While she tries to point out cheaper crap things that are second hand and apparently good enough for me. she would never have second hand. ll has to be brand new top of the range like her furniture, nothing from argos in there all snobby shops! not even dfs made it in there. Dont know why she is like that she always was, everyone deserves crap and she deserves the best. Well not her other two kids she gets them everything.

So I will have more said to me when I go to get new stuff for baby and she finds out. Not like I ever bloody ask her for money or anything!

she is not good for me at all. I dont even speak to her I see no point its just a task and a half,

I need to get a specific double stroller because it fits my older sons needs the best. But luckily its not outrageously expensive. Its average. But it also means I cant go get a used one or just by the cheapest like I usually do for things haha

going to sound dumb but how do you get a double stroller out side obviously babies would be in it unless people take them out the put babies in when they open them out?

going to sound dumb but how do you get a double stroller out side obviously babies would be in it unless people take them out the put babies in when they open them out?

Do you know, thats a VERY good question!!

OMG thank you for thinking the same I thought I was stupid as I cant get my head around getting it out a normal door way unless you unfold outside and put babies in. forward ones are probably easier but side by side I would get .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->