~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

Thanks for the updates on Dani, hang in there love!! Whatever happens you done SO well to get this far :)

DF :hugs: If you wanna chat in private let me know here or fb me x x

Hello to everyone else :)

I went to ParentCraft class this morning, thought it would be a waste of time but actually was really interesting. Was only about an hour and a half but dealt speicifically with my hospital and what they do and don't do, so am prepared in that sense. Plus had a tour of the birthing unit and L&D. I know I can;t have baby in birthing unit anyway, but I felt more comfortable with the proper delivery rooms and all the equipment in them rather than the calm "hotel" room. Am I a bit strange?

Bought a birthing ball to bounce Chunk down a bit more, but going by the fact my lower half of body feels like lead he might have done that already!

I also saw a lovely BabyK blanket iin Mcare, all random bright colours but was £22. I picked it up to buy but mum said "I can knit you one like that" So off we went to the wool shop and bought real random wool colours (black, purple, bright blue, bright green and orange) I think it is gonna be lovely bright and colourful. Will post a pic when its done. I also bought a simple cardigan pattern to have a go myself :haha:

So I had my mw appoitment yesterday, and mw asks me if Im going to breast feed or bottle feed, I said I'll try breast feeding. So he tells me to "take two black tea bags, soak them, sqeeze out the liquid and place them on my nipples and put my bra back on for 20 minutes, 3 times a day" to toughen up my nipples for when baby is born. Have any of you heard of doing this or know if it works?

no never heard of it , nipples will be sore always at the start a tea bag cant really prepare them. But its different for everyone and if it was so bad no one would do it. Just have a tube of linsinoh to keep em good from cracked nipples. I still use linsinoh.

and breastmilk is meant to be the best nipple cream, I was told to avoid creams till bf is established as they mask mums smell and may cause more problems..

The teabag thing seems to be true, found a fair few things on google, app its the tannin in the tea that toughens them up x

well i had no cream for months and mine bleed and blistered and i cried when feeding I near gave up so many times. And so many mums do with the pain, the cream stopped that and is safe to use with baby, it dosnt have any ill effects.
ps i dont think everyone gets cracked nipples as I see some never had it or needed cream I must be prone to it as my skin peels off them alot when I dont use the cream then they hurt and i do not let it get further than that i had skin coming off and sticking to my bra and weeping it was horrid. See if you need cream first.

I spent some time last night, and today, going through clothes for the kiddies. Honestly, I have acquired a good hefty load of them! I was given bags of clothes for Joseph, and finally went through them and put them away. But I haven't got anywhere to put the baby's clothes as of yet! Any storage ideas from you ladies? My kids are sharing a closet, and as baby clothes are so tiny its not always convenient to hang them up anyway ... but I don't know. I need some ideas, that is for sure!

Also, can I order some motivation and energy with that as well? :thumbup:

Best of luck to you&me! :hugs:

As well as everyone else! Hope you all are well today! :flower:

I have officially 1 month today till I have my c-section. It seems so close when I say that but it still feels like such a long time. My next mile stone is 35 weeks on Tuesday then moving up to the final ticker box on saturday and then being full term and 37 weeks and finally actually having the baby

Speaking of storage I put all the baby clothes based on sizes and then I put the different sizes in grocery bags and taped a label to them that says 0-3 months or 9 months and then I put them in a big Tupperware container in our basement and that way the only clothes that are actually left out are the ones the baby fits into and when its time to move up a size I will bag all the to small clothes and then go downstairs and pull up the appropriate bag.

1 month here to :) and i cant stop eating! i feel like i never stop here and i am out of food nearly! cant wait till my shopping comes on Tuesday i may order more for my hungry belly. Baby is hurting me with kicking and moving about. :( such a strong baby! William wasnt this bad he kicked and it was amusing this hurts!

hayley change your ticker to your section date you will be up a box and same as mine.

Hey girls, just crashing your thread cos I wanted to say good luck to you all :hugs: I was part of last year's November Sparklers and had my Evie on 20th November :D All I can say is make the most of them being so small and not moving around much when they're first born.. Evie's crawling and almost walking now and it's her 1st birthday in 5 weeks, the time has gone so quickly!
It's crazy to think that this time last year, I was in the same boat as all you guys!!
Big hugs to you all and I hope that you dont feel too uncomfortable. Happy, healthy and speedy labours for you all too :hugs:

I was a part of November Sparklers last year as well. Look at me now! :haha:

aww thanks Mynx :hugs:

Silas I have only got newborn and 0-3 months clothes 'out' as in outfits hung up and sleepsuits/vests/accessories in see through storage boxes and a 3 tier plastic one I bought cheap (but looks great) = anything 3 months plus is in a suitcase on top of her wardrobe :thumbup:

I hope you and your OH can work things out DF- obv dunno whats happened but hopefully you can at least get along at this time.

AFM - Im off too Birmingham in the morning (about 2-3 hrs away) for a Guns N'Roses concert :happydance: Taking all my hospital bags and notes just in case it sets me off! :haha:

Will try my best too catch up Monday night when Im back :hugs: to you all

Lol xx

Had a bit of an accident, thanks to some ass in the store. Lets just say he pushed the shopping cart pinning me in between it and the wall and smooshing my tummy. I was ok, but I call my dr and asked if i should go be monitored as i was still really sore and in pain 6 hrs later. So went in got monitored and everything is looking ok. Apparently though my dr has in my charts that I am to have a c section period due to the size of my lo because both nurses asked me about it. Hopefully by this thursday I will have a date for having her and maybe have her that thursday(optimistic lol). Hope everyone is well!

Had a bit of an accident, thanks to some ass in the store. Lets just say he pushed the shopping cart pinning me in between it and the wall and smooshing my tummy. I was ok, but I call my dr and asked if i should go be monitored as i was still really sore and in pain 6 hrs later. So went in got monitored and everything is looking ok. Apparently though my dr has in my charts that I am to have a c section period due to the size of my lo because both nurses asked me about it. Hopefully by this thursday I will have a date for having her and maybe have her that thursday(optimistic lol). Hope everyone is well!

OMG blkhairbeauty thats awful. Im glad all seems okay you poor thing. Take care of yourself. What did the ass have to say for themselves?

well apparently my computer is going crazy too...sorry about the multiple posts :S.

He didnt say alot, just acted like he was better than everyone else and his shit doesnt stink. I didnt really confront him about it, but Karma is a bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->