~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

i think because this little one is my first i will just go for a 'normal' birth but i would like to try a water birth at some point. i'm still deciding on where i want to go to give birth! there are 2 birthing centers near me, and there is the main hospital with a midwife lead unit to the side of it... apparently the centers are good because your partner can come and go as they please - where as if i was to go to the midwife lead unit in the hospital i doubt my OH would be allowed to stay with me

I am wanting a waterbirth :)

I was in the waterpool when in labour with my DD. It was quite big though and I found it hard to stay still. I was getting everyone soaked lol. I decided I wanted to get out in the end and gave birth to her on the bed.

Did you feel a difference in your contractions when you got out of the pool?

I am hoping to go to the midwife lead birthing unit attached to our hospital and as long as my BP stays low, I am hoping that I can, if not its upstairs on the labour ward but both have birthing pools. I just hope they are not all booked up when I need one!

I'm hoping to go to the midwife led attached to the hospital. As far as I know they are quite chilled about partners being there. There are official visiting times too I think. When my niece was born I remember only 2 people plus the fob are allowed in at a time! I wanna tell people good times to come rather than them all turning up at once. Doubt I'll win that one though!

Hi Everyone, official 3rd trimester girl today! Where has the time gone!!

Can you chnage me plz from the 20th Nov to 19th Nov and its a yellow bump!

xx

Just realised my ticker is a few days behind for some reason!

hey girls

i dont get a choice in where i go :( i cant have a homebirth in army housing,

if i give birth in a local hospital my child will b cypriot and subject to serving 2yrs in their armed forces (if a boy) whenever they return (over age of 18)

so im left with TPMH in Akrotiri - an hour/hour n half from me!

Hi There
Can you add me to the 19th - a blue bump!
Thanks

My OH went to talk to the apartment manager at the place we want to move to after all this crap with our neighbor, and she informs him that it takes 3-4 weeks for an approval. What the heck? Why does it take that long? Ugh, ridiculous. Now I am going to be freaking out about an eviction notice and everything else. Just not happy right now!

I went through all the clothes, and they are very cute. They are only 3 months+ so I have to do a bit of shopping for newborn and 0-3 months, but once she is in 3-6 months+ she will be pretty well set! :)

I am just stressed to the max with the news of the apartment ... but if it does take around 4 weeks, atleast I will (hopefully) be done with my Associates degree by that time and then I won't have to worry about moving while going to school. But unfortunately I will be around like 33 weeks by then ... bleh. :|

Hi girls :)

MM - Shame you don't get a choice, but better having it in the army hospital than worrying about national service in 18 years time. My mums friend who married a Greek Cypriot had to pay for their son not to do national service, he was born in England and everything!

Silas - Try not to worry too much, everything will work itself out :)

Coco - I have heard that the birth pool totally relaxes you and contractions are much less painful. I am going to my birthcentre on Tuesday to transfer my care to them and have a nose around. I'll let you know what its like :)

Well I spent a good hour last night reading our First tri thread. LOL it was funny :) But also very sad too, a reminder of the angels that grew their wings back in April time :( But lovely to note that many of the ladies are pregnant again :)

Well I have well and truley become a fat hermit. I really can't be arsed to do anything. I knew this would happen with 6 weeks off work. I have had enough and want school to start again. Time flies when I work! I have alot to do though in the next 2 weeks, although luckily I only have 6 weeks of one term to prepare for and am going to make it as stress free as possible!!

I had some leakage last night that worried me enough to phone the labour ward. They were fab and said I could go up and get checked out if I was really concerned. I decided to leave it as it was late and I am on my own. Nothing more has happened, so I think it was just lots and lots of clear, watery discharge. Lovely.

if u get stuck again ann, then txt or ring me and ill come with u hun xxx

if u get stuck again ann, then txt or ring me and ill come with u hun xxx

Thanks hun :flower:

I think I was just over panicking but good to know. The one thing that sucks is not having mum round the corner :(

Is anyone else really not feeling like eating anything? Where ever I go, people are saying they have cravings for foods and stuff which I had before in beginning of second tri, but now it seems like I have to force myself to have one meal. I am feeling pretty sickly...

Bubba is still wiggling like a worm though :p

I really feel like moving over a few days early as 2nd tri is not really flowing or having any action.. and i feel sorta left out haha =).. im not supposed to be here til next wed but i hope no one minds =))

I moved over early too, I guess near the end of each trimester it gets pretty boring hearing the same questions for the millionth time

i came over at 26w marine wife,

mei190 - me! i eat 1 meal a day and pick mostly, just cant abide the heat - cooking in the heat = no

I eat more than once a day - but half the time I end up regretting it as I overeat and then feel like crap for the next 4 hours. :|

I don't get too have a water birth cos I'm under consultant led care cos of a high BMI :(
I also have to go next month to have my back checked too see if I'm too fat for an epidural as well :( Sucks cos they listed my BMI as 41 and thats only reason I'm consultant led - but they have my height wrong by 2 inches and my weight was recorded as more than it shoulda been I still weigh less than the original figure now!? If the figures went on my calculations I'd of been under 38 BMI and woulda got MW led care and more choice! :grr: I know and accept that I'm overweight, but I'm not OTT fat!

29 weeks today though :happydance: last week in the 20's - I think time has moved so quickly the last few weeks - will get real scary when the 1st Nov Sparkler arrives!!

Lol xx

I don't get too have a water birth cos I'm under consultant led care cos of a high BMI :(
I also have to go next month to have my back checked too see if I'm too fat for an epidural as well :( Sucks cos they listed my BMI as 41 and thats only reason I'm consultant led - but they have my height wrong by 2 inches and my weight was recorded as more than it shoulda been I still weigh less than the original figure now!? If the figures went on my calculations I'd of been under 38 BMI and woulda got MW led care and more choice! :grr: I know and accept that I'm overweight, but I'm not OTT fat!

29 weeks today though :happydance: last week in the 20's - I think time has moved so quickly the last few weeks - will get real scary when the 1st Nov Sparkler arrives!!

Lol xx

Can you not query your BMI at your next appointment? I would cos thats rubbish as it is wrong. You can work it out yourself now :)

My BMI was recorded as 27 so only 2 over normal although I think it is wrong I am fatter than that :haha: But i'll trust their scales more than mine ;)

Just had a long convo with my sis about what I need to get, I so need to get cracking with getting things ready, cos once I go back to work, I am too knackered to do anything (pregnant or not!!)

I tried arguing at the time - but they wouldn't change it :( barstools! :haha:

OMG I have soooo much to do and buy - it really stresses me out!!

Lol xx

Wow so much happening on this thread couldn't possibly comment on it all so hello to all the newbies, welcome over and hope everyone else is getting as excited as I am!!!! eeekkkk, I am like a child at Chrsitmas and cant stop going through baby clothes.. I bought first bag of nappies last week and took one out. OMG.. SOOOOO tiny!!! We have also booked our container for the big move, another eeeeeeekkkkk

I am hoping to be in the water for labour but perhaps push outside the water-a friend is copying the hypno birthing CD so can hopefully integrate it all.. So who is going to be first to pop girlies???
Last night I had the most insane pain in my cervix, not sure what that was all about-surely too early for baby to engage? Could hardly move though and kind of felt how it felt when I was dilating with DS.. It's my birthday on Sunday YAY so hubby has such a wonderful weekend planned for me ;-) Now I just wish this weather would summerfy!! Not sure thats a word hahaha.. xxxxxxxxxx

Wow so much happening on this thread couldn't possibly comment on it all so hello to all the newbies, welcome over and hope everyone else is getting as excited as I am!!!! eeekkkk, I am like a child at Chrsitmas and cant stop going through baby clothes.. I bought first bag of nappies last week and took one out. OMG.. SOOOOO tiny!!! We have also booked our container for the big move, another eeeeeeekkkkk

I am hoping to be in the water for labour but perhaps push outside the water-a friend is copying the hypno birthing CD so can hopefully integrate it all.. So who is going to be first to pop girlies??? Last night I had the most insane pain in my cervix, not sure what that was all about-surely too early for baby to engage? Could hardly move though and kind of felt how it felt when I was dilating with DS.. It's my birthday on Sunday YAY so hubby has such a wonderful weekend planned for me ;-) Now I just wish this weather would summerfy!! Not sure thats a word hahaha.. xxxxxxxxxx

We should do a poll! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"