***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Been feeling movements for a while now.... baby was really going for it when i was eating my roast dinner nom nom! So, I'm guessing baby likes roast! :haha:

Got our 16 week midwife appt tomorrow (though I'll be 17 weeks!) bit nervous!

How was everyone's weekend?

I wonder if my bleeding will make me high risk then? Although I think I might be already due to having a previous c section.

Scan tomorrow to try and find out why I'm bleeding. I'm confident that the baby is ok as I heard the heartbeat on a doppler but it'll be nice to know for sure and hopefully get some answers. I wonder if they'll be able to see the sex at 15 weeks. X

Been feeling movements for a while now.... baby was really going for it when i was eating my roast dinner nom nom! So, I'm guessing baby likes roast! :haha:

Got our 16 week midwife appt tomorrow (though I'll be 17 weeks!) bit nervous!

How was everyone's weekend?

I too am seeing the MW this week and will be almost 18 weeks by hospital dates.
Not too worries about having to wait soo long as I now get to listen to the babies heartbeat when ever I feel like.
Just getting to see the consultant and talk over delivery options will be good! Hopefully get my next scan date on Thursday or soon after that! Half expecting I will only get that date through by the end of next week with all the bank holidays next week!

Oh fish and chips, and others, hope me saying I'm high risk didn't scare you!
Mine wasnt so much the bleeding specifically it's that it's paired with the problem I have with my uterus.
That being said since I had my last bleeding around 9weeks I've been fine since :) and bean is doing well as I had 2 ultrasounds.

thought I would share some of my favourate pics from my scan on friday. also a pic of my bump, I've always been a super skinny size 8 with no belly so needless to say I've had to do alot of clothes shopping lately!

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
Lots of boys expected in this group! How exciting!

Well my husband and I have decided to try out some Cloth diapers for our son, and new baby if we like them. Buying disposable is about to kill us! I got so many at my baby shower and on sale or with coupons that I just recently ran out and buying them at full price is insane. And thinking about doing it with another baby I hope this works out! We are going to try the fuzzibunz one sizes ones if anyone has any pointers?

Lilbean, bless you, no you didn't scare me :hugs: xx

Sal those pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing xx

Daddiesgift I just started my cloth diaper research so I'm not sure yet but I've been recommended to use prefolds with bummi covers for the first little while and then AMP one size with prefolds later (above 10 lbs). That was from a lady who owns a store and has tried pretty much every brand! I think there's a LOT of advice on the natural parenting forum too...

Sal - your baby is doing yoga! :haha: So cute!

I started feeling movement with #1 around 14 weeks, but it was just flutters. This one, I've been feeling movement less frequently than #1, but they've been more bumps and kicks. :shrug: With #1 I was feeling kicks on the outside at 17 weeks, so I'm hoping to feel the same with this one very soon!

Daddiesgift - I wouldn't worry about the size of your baby. It seems like my baby suddenly rose up around 14.5-15 weeks (based on where I found the hb). Now it just depends on the day - sometimes it's right around my belly button and sometimes it's back down low. On my u/s at 15w6d, the tech confirmed that the baby had his feet right up at my belly button, so I know my uterus is that high already, although I don't know exactly when it got that high. I'm sure you're fine though!

Fish&Chips - I hope your scan goes well tomorrow! They should definitely be able to tell gender at 15 weeks!

Sal- Those pics are so cute!!! Sometimes i feel like i have a belly, then others i look down and my belly feels as flat as pre pregnancy:( so i dont know what is up with that. Hoping my true bump shows up eventually. I was showing much sooner with my two previous pregnancies so this is slightly different for me. I guess I should take in to account that i have lost weight and just now have gotten back to my pre preg weight. I am slightly worried the last few days as I have been having some dull low pulling feelings. Not sure if what I am feeling is ligament pain, or what. No bleeding though, and I have am appt with my MW on thursday, so I am just trying to hold out until then and try not to get too worried.

Daddiesgift I just started my cloth diaper research so I'm not sure yet but I've been recommended to use prefolds with bummi covers for the first little while and then AMP one size with prefolds later (above 10 lbs). That was from a lady who owns a store and has tried pretty much every brand! I think there's a LOT of advice on the natural parenting forum too...

Yeah , Ive heard the same thing that sometimes the One size can be big at first on a newborn. I have not got my thoughts all worked out yet :dohh: but what I am thinking is with the new baby using the newborn disposables I already have then switching to cloth. My son was only breast fed a month and every time he ate (Every 1 at first then every 2) he pooped EVERY TIME! And I have no idea why people say breast fed poop does not smell, maybe my son is just smelly cause his poo has always stunk real bad! And I had to change him more than ten times a day at that point and I just could not imagine doing that with cloth diapers, I would be washing diapers all day everyday! And if we were out and about Id have to carry around poo diapers :nope:. So at this point Im thinking about my son who is 9 months old. My friend actually has 26 fuzzibunz one size brand new in package with two inserts and new elastics for $10 each when they are normally $20 each that she will sell me. So today Im just going to pick up 3-5 just to try them out on my son who weighs over 20lbs. If we like this brand, or its not too hard and time consuming to use cloth then we will buy the rest from her and try them on new baby when it gets here but for the time being my son will use them!

My son has never had a problem skin wise and never had a diaper rash or anything so I like disposable but its just the cost of them that does not seem practical for the next 3 years. Yesterday I bought a pack of 26 diapers, pampers for $12 ON SALE! and he has been up 34 minutes now and already been through 2 diapers, one being poopy. And he is a two poop a day kind of baby :baby:. So this pack of 26 will last me maybe three days and he is 9 months old!

Hiiii just had my 16 week checkup today (although I'm 17 weeks!), blood pressure is fine, they keep finding a trace of protein in my urine but they didn't seem concerned?? She also said that it might be too soon to find a HB but she'll try, so not to get too worried if she doesn't and guess what she found it STRAIGHT AWAY!!! Was amazing!! :) :) 153bpm!

The scan went really well today! Baby is fine and measuring spot on 15 weeks. They couldn't see any cause for the bleed so I am still wondering if I did something when I carried some boxes for work. He/she was looking so big and developed! It's amazing how quickly they grow. No sign of what sex. I'm beginning to think it's a girl as couldn't see any dingle dangle when they measured it's thigh bone.

:happydance: fish&chips

Well we do need some :pink: in here soon!!

I cloth diaper my son and I love it for so many reasons. I didn't start until he was 3 months but with this bub I am starting immediately. I have already started to build my stash. I am planning to use AIO and pockets with the newborn because they are way more Daddy friendly than prefolds. You can by pre-loved and also selll afterwards. Any CD questions please don't be shy to ask me.

Still no movements here :cry: Midwife appt tomorrow.

That's great that you got to hear the heartbeat. It's so amazing!

Great news fish & chips must be a big relief! I think I'm having a girl too but only based on my 12 week scan pics but I don't think we'll find out until bubs is here unless I give in on the 20th June!!

I'm planning on using cloth nappies too, but not sure about newborn ones as I've heard they can be a bit large, so not sure to just get disposables for the 1st couple of weeks then start with the reusable ones??

Great news fish & chips must be a big relief! I think I'm having a girl too but only based on my 12 week scan pics but I don't think we'll find out until bubs is here unless I gave on 20th June!!

I'm planning on using cloth nappies too, but not sure about newborn ones as I've heard they can be a bit large, so not sure to just get disposables for the 1st couple of weeks then start with the reusable ones??

We are on day one of using cloth diapers and liking them so far :thumbup: we have the fuzzibunz elite one size, they fit my 9 month old well and we have had no leaks at all, its actually really hard to tell if it is even wet or not! I had to have a smell, then I just changed it since it had been 3 hours. And he pees ALOT so that says something.

Im looking into newborn sized ones for the same reason. Thing is a part of me wants to use disposables maybe that first month since you changed them SO MUCH. Every two hours for my son. And when I breast fed him he pooped while eating or immediately after ward so that was like every two hour poop diapers of an odd color and smell. I feel like I would be washing them non stop on a newborn. Guess Ill just do more research. Plus I will be formula feeding and giving some expressed milk to this baby so maybe it wont me so much poo. :winkwink:

Speaking of poo..pretty sure my son just took his first poo in a cloth diaper..wish us luck!! :haha:

Thanks Daddiesgift, all very useful as I'm a 1st time Mum to be!! I was going to with the disposable ones to start until I get my head around things and maybe get into some kind of routine as I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed when bubs 1st arrives!! your reasons for nappy changing every 2 hours is another good reason to delay on the reusable ones for a month.

Keep me posted on your experince with reusable nappies, hope the poo was all held in!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->